The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
At places like that I swear their tortillas are like juuuuust enough percent plastic to allow for that.

I'll allow it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Had Steak & Shake for lunch.

Large Fries...holder was barely full. Burgers tasted like they were cooked in a grease trap.

Very, very, very disappointed. Bordering on @column levels of angry
Your story reminded me of the bullshit that Carl's Jr pulls around here. I haven't been there in ages because of it, but it still rustles me just thinking about it. First, their fry container is long and narrow, almost like a cylinder. So it hardly takes any fries at all to fill it up, unless you squeeze it to make it open up. They never do, so a large fry ends up being about the same as a small at McDonald's. While still costing an assload. Then, they fill the drink cup all the way to the top with ice, even if you ask for light ice, so you get hardly any soda. I brought one back to work with my meal, and when I finished my drink (far too soon), I poured a 12-ounce can into it for more. That one can filled the fucking cup, even after meltage.

Add to that the world's worst Western Bacon Cheeseburger I've ever had, and I will never fucking eat there again. I complained to corporate and got some coupons, but just gave them to someone else because even free I would be rustled by how fucking shitty and cheap they are. Fuck that fucking place. And the Jack in the Box nearby is almost as bad. I've said it before, but aside from when the McDonald's app was actually worth a shit, there is literally zero reason for me to go to any place nearby except Wendy's. Every single item is objectively better, period. (Caveat: no In 'n' Out or CFA close enough, sadly)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I make a lot of wraps for lunch with large flour tortillas. 30 seconds in the micro wave gives the thin ones I use enough elasticity to make a good sized wrap without tearing. I think the ones places like Chiplote use are a bit thicker so it's easier to make a big wrap/burrito.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Your story reminded me of the bullshit that Carl's Jr pulls around here. I haven't been there in ages because of it, but it still rustles me just thinking about it. First, their fry container is long and narrow, almost like a cylinder. So it hardly takes any fries at all to fill it up, unless you squeeze it to make it open up. They never do, so a large fry ends up being about the same as a small at McDonald's. While still costing an assload. Then, they fill the drink cup all the way to the top with ice, even if you ask for light ice, so you get hardly any soda. I brought one back to work with my meal, and when I finished my drink (far too soon), I poured a 12-ounce can into it for more. That one can filled the fucking cup, even after meltage.

Add to that the world's worst Western Bacon Cheeseburger I've ever had, and I will never fucking eat there again. I complained to corporate and got some coupons, but just gave them to someone else because even free I would be rustled by how fucking shitty and cheap they are. Fuck that fucking place. And the Jack in the Box nearby is almost as bad. I've said it before, but aside from when the McDonald's app was actually worth a shit, there is literally zero reason for me to go to any place nearby except Wendy's. Every single item is objectively better, period. (Caveat: no In 'n' Out or CFA close enough, sadly)

I think the Western Bacon Cheeseburger is one of the better fast food burgers! And Carl's Jr chicken tenders are pretty damn good. But I only ever go as a last resort drunk food option if the taquerias are already closed. So everything is super fresh.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think the Western Bacon Cheeseburger is one of the better fast food burgers! And Carl's Jr chicken tenders are pretty damn good. But I only ever go as a last resort drunk food option if the taquerias are already closed. So everything is super fresh.
I don't disagree about the WBC, and I actually raved about the tenders when they first came out. But this is literally one of the shittiest fast food locations in existence now, so everything comes out overcooked or shitty or wrong. The WBC I got was fucking atrocious. The onion ring was so overcooked that the onion inside was a blackened shoestring that all came out at once and almost made me barf before I spit it out. The bacon was burnt and gross and miniscule. And the patty had probably been in the warmer for an hour. And this wasn't the only time, otherwise I'm always up for giving good food another chance. Add that to the shitty serving sizes of the fries and drinks, and all I can say is fuck Carl and his son!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't disagree about the WBC, and I actually raved about the tenders when they first came out. But this is literally one of the shittiest fast food locations in existence now, so everything comes out overcooked or shitty or wrong. The WBC I got was fucking atrocious. The onion ring was so overcooked that the onion inside was a blackened shoestring that all came out at once and almost made me barf before I spit it out. The bacon was burnt and gross and miniscule. And the patty had probably been in the warmer for an hour. And this wasn't the only time, otherwise I'm always up for giving good food another chance. Add that to the shitty serving sizes of the fries and drinks, and all I can say is fuck Carl and his son!
Everything you describe except the fry box sounds more like individual quality variation/management concerns. Have no such issue with most of the carl's here. I rarely get fries but don't recall them being quite as skimpy as you say. If ice is a concern order inside? Think that was the old de-rail here, the negligible speed difference vs value of checking your order etc of drive thru vs walk in.

• 1Garbage

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Everything you describe except the fry box sounds more like individual quality variation/management concerns. Have no such issue with most of the carl's here. I rarely get fries but don't recall them being quite as skimpy as you say. If ice is a concern order inside? Think that was the old de-rail here, the negligible speed difference vs value of checking your order etc of drive thru vs walk in.
Well yeah, I'm well aware of the location variation permutation. But that's the only one anywhere near me (particularly for lunch), so at this point I've just abandoned them. I have one of the world's best Wendy's near me, but we all know that they vary by location as well, so one in another part of time might be horrible.

And fuck going into the restaurant just to get better soda to ice ratio. Since the other shit is probably crappy anyway, I'd rather just go to Wendy's where it all comes out correct and tasty. In the drive through. And the toothless old lady that has collected my money for the better part of the last 10 years can pretend like she's happy to see me!

Granted, if I were on a road trip or something, I'll admit that I would probably still choose the restaurant I like more here at work, just because of confirmation bias. Assuming there is no In 'n' Out or CFA, that is. Which are good everywhere, apparently.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well yeah, I'm well aware of the location variation permutation. But that's the only one anywhere near me (particularly for lunch), so at this point I've just abandoned them. I have one of the world's best Wendy's near me, but we all know that they vary by location as well, so one in another part of time might be horrible.

And fuck going into the restaurant just to get better soda to ice ratio. Since the other shit is probably crappy anyway, I'd rather just go to Wendy's where it all comes out correct and tasty. In the drive through. And the toothless old lady that has collected my money for the better part of the last 10 years can pretend like she's happy to see me!

Granted, if I were on a road trip or something, I'll admit that I would probably still choose the restaurant I like more here at work, just because of confirmation bias. Assuming there is no In 'n' Out or CFA, that is. Which are good everywhere, apparently.

LVP, I like it...

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of apps, how the hell does KFC not have an app for ordering food in the US yet. As for the McDonald's app, it's so flakey half the time. Sometimes it'll say I'm not connected to the Internet, and it won't fix itself until I uninstall and reinstall it. The Taco Bell app for the longest time said I was using an out of date version, and it would take to me the app store and it showed I had the latest one.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Tried the McDonald's mobile order thing when I went to run out and grab a Big Mac for the hubby. Parked in the pickup area, typed in my code and got the dumb not connected error. Tried the pick it up inside choice, not connected. Had to just go through the fucking drive through. Shit ass deals on a shit app, fuck McDonald's. Thankfully the Wendy's is also right down the street, but fuck, if you go there at the wrong time your ass is never getting served at the drive-through.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Apps are the worst. Just give me a good fucking price without having to download and register for anything. I will go to a competitor and pay a slightly higher price if I have to deal with some extra hoop to jump through.

It's like the bonus card shit grocery stores pull. I'll go someplace where I don't have to sign up for shit just to get a good price. Fuck that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users