The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should try the Trader Joe’s frozen orange chicken. I could eat that everyday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Sheetz popcorn chicken with bbq and ranch was a hit today with the kids. I had two pieces thinking they wouldn’t finish it. “Daddy, we can’t stop eating it.”

Raising quality calories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I remember my first experience with Sheetz. I thought "it's a fucking gas station, why are we eating here". And it was glorious. I instantly understood the whole gas station food stop phenomenon. There's nothing like any of the major players in that arena where I live, but Sheetz is definitely quality.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I remember my first experience with Sheetz. I thought "it's a fucking gas station, why are we eating here". And it was glorious. I instantly understood the whole gas station food stop phenomenon. There's nothing like any of the major players in that arena where I live, but Sheetz is definitely quality.

Sheetz/Wawa/Royal Farms all have some very good menu options, but some locations are fuckballs awful with anything they make. I don't usually get food from Sheetz, but I can't say they've disappointed me that I can remember. I like Wawa for their $1 any size sodas Coca Cola Freestyle (44oz for $1 yes please) and their hoagies for $6 which you can load up with toppings. Royal Farms does good chicken and burgers and potato wedges. Sheetz I don't usually order from cause I usually stop at Wawa for the cheaper soda. I opened the popcorn chicken box today after they got in the car, and I was like awwwww fuck, Sheetz put the ranch and bbq right on the chicken, fuck this is going to be a mess. Nope, those little gremlins licked their fingers clean.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
How about Kentucky? Can you tell us about Kentucky? It is a southern state, after all.

sheetz.com probably WV is closest. I wouldn't say you gotta try Sheetz bro! But if you happen to be near one, need gas and food, it's worth a stop.

Khane

Listen, its gas station food. But I will say this. It's better than any of the major fast food chains, with way more options.

If you're on a road trip in those areas the mentioned gas stops are better.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Listen, its gas station food. But I will say this. It's better than any of the major fast food chains, with way more options.

If you're on a road trip in those areas the mentioned gas stops are better.

You can't call them gas station food though, it's more like slightly longer than fast food place that sells gas as well. They aren't like going to Exxon at Anywhere, USA.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wawa, QT and other places started doing this shit. Trying to put a goddamn kitchen in the middle of a gas station. Serving quesadillas and shit, seems wrong, I won’t try it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
as fucked as it sounds, i have tried all the pizza options here in topeka, and the best is casey's general store, basically sheets/wawa.

so i have no grounds to stand on, shitting on gourmet gas station offerings.

Khane

Wawa is a frontrunner in this. The insides of these places I've been in are super clean, big, and have a ton of different options. Though out of all of them Sheetz is the best from what I've experienced. This is just on the East Coast though.

I was in the same boat booze. Fucking gas station food. Except I was wrong. Its actually really good (for what it is)

It's better than any of predictable fast food options. You can't get a decent Reuben or melt at a McDonalds. You can at a Sheetz

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's at least one standalone Sheetz (no gas) in NC

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is all foreign language to me and I'm both midwest and west coast. I've generally recognized every brand mentioned here. But these posts?