The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rad

Lord of Guk
CompanyMan did a segment on Culver's today. Double bacon butterbugger, cheese curds and a frozen custard is the way to go.

The ladies family is from Wisconsin so I always hit them up when Im back visiting, good stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The ladies family is from Wisconsin so I always hit them up when Im back visiting, good stuff.
We used to go back to Wisconsin every summer when I was a kid, as my parents were from there and literally every relative I had lived there, and I was highly skeptical the first time they told me we were going for frozen custard. Living in California, custard was a nasty offshoot of pudding to me, and I couldn't imagine what freezing it would do to it.

I quickly found out how wrong I was, and that's one of the things I wish would migrate to this shithole of a state. There might be some place in CA that makes it like they do in Wisconsin, but I'm not aware of it. If it were anywhere close, I'd be there all the fucking time.

I fucking hate cheese curds though, which is considered sacrilege in Wisconsin. I mean, I can eat them because cheese, but the texture (they fucking squeak when you chew them!) just turns me off completely. I can buy a good hunk of cheddar or something and get far more enjoyment.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I was in FL over Christmas and they had a Culver's, I saw it but didn't go. Definitely looks good.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I was in FL over Christmas and they had a Culver's, I saw it but didn't go. Definitely looks good.

I drive by one every day, and just never stop because it's in a super weird spot. I've had it exactly one time, and it was fine but nothing special. I'm more curious about their ice cream, because they always have their sign advertising a flavor of the day, and it usually sounds decent.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Never tried one.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
People are realizing it's a stupid product. Vegetarians don't want to eat something that reminds them of meat, and normals just want meat. The sooner this impossible fad goes away the better.

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People are realizing it's a stupid product. Vegetarians don't want to eat something that reminds them of meat, and normals just want meat. The sooner this impossible fad goes away the better.
And vegans won't eat it because it's cooked on the same broiler as meat

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had no desire to try it. Why? It isn't as if it's going to be healthier than real meat. I just don't get the draw unless you're already vegan/vegetarian in which case you don't want that shit anyway all contaminated with meat, defeating the whole purpose. I guess the target market was people who already eat meat, but also want tits.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I liked it. My wife was Pecto-Vegan for a very long three years and I tried to wean her off that shit with those whoppers occasionally. It didn't work as well as me eating good food in front of her but supportive husband and all that. It was better than those nasty black bean burgers every hipster joint promotes.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Yeah I think 90% that bought one did it out of curiosity. Hell I tried one and I'm a fucking cattle rancher. Now that I've tried it though I can't imagine why I would ever buy another one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just grind up some peas, dump half a box of salt into them, and add some soy sauce and you're not far off from being able to just make them from home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You want ultimate betrayal? Brother in law brought brownies to my house. They tasted weird

Then he laughed and said they were black bean brownies. Absolutely disgusting

• 2Triggered
  • 1Supertaster
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You want ultimate betrayal? Brother in law brought brownies to my house. They tasted weird

Then he laughed and said they were black bean brownies. Absolutely disgusting
Next time you see him you punch him right in the face.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Yeah I think 90% that bought one did it out of curiosity. Hell I tried one and I'm a fucking cattle rancher. Now that I've tried it though I can't imagine why I would ever buy another one.

I never tried one, if I want vegetables I will eat unprocessed vegetables, and fuck soy anything. They used to use that shit as fertilizer before it became human feed.