The Fast Food Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No. I drank it first, then filmed it. We've had these cups for a while, but I kept forgetting to show my friend who was asking me about it.

It's the standard McD's size. 30oz Large. Just in Kama'Aina style. Just the Hawaiian word for Local. Technically, it means Child of the Land, but whatever.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
you're going to pay, but the best store bought ramen, by far, is:

View attachment 272749

unfortunately the pork flavor isn't available on amazon right now but the shoyu is and it's almost as good. i'm very lucky that my local safeway always has them in stock. They are like 6 bucks a packet though (two generous servings).

neither are at all spicy

UPS brought me some of these today so I tried them. It's very good. Much better quality noodles than any other ramen I've had and the broth was smooth and tasty too. Also, it's closer to 2 standard ramen packs than one. I ate the whole thing but I could barely finish it. You could easily make 2 meals out of this which makes the $6 price tag easier to swallow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got burger king last night, just felt it was time. I got their spicy chicken sandwich. Literally no one at BK, but they made my food really fresh, burned my mouth. Their spicy chicken is pretty decent, but in a world where Wendy's and Chik-fil-a exist it was obviously awful.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hadn’t eaten Whataburger in months so snuck over at lunch for just the plain ole whataburger with cheese fries spicy ketchup and coke...

Top tier fast food, tasted amazing after so long away. Still contend it’s the best legitimate fast food burger around, much better than in n out

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had several dozen of these in my pandemic food stockpile, so I've been devouring one a day for lunch. So fucking good. It's like eating childhood.

Chefboyardee Throwback.png

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I flew back to Cincy to escape locked down SF. Had a layover in Dallas and tried Smashburger for the first time. Not In-N-Out or Shake Shack level, but certainly respectable. Just a bit too salty. Definitely not worth the money though. It was $11 for just the burger. Could have been airport surcharge, but still. No fries or drink? Pretty ridiculous.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had several dozen of these in my pandemic food stockpile, so I've been devouring one a day for lunch. So fucking good. It's like eating childhood.

View attachment 274972
Does this taste better than the normal stuff they have on the shelves? I tried the normal stuff back when I first had kids because I remember loving that shit so much as a kid. And it was disgusting. Most disappointing nostalgia driven food purchase ever.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I eat Chef Boyardee all the time. Particularly for lunch at work, because it is so easy and convenient. And it is like 87c a can at WalMart. Sure, it isn't as good as a lot of other stuff, but I like it well enough, and I don't have to do shit. 3 minutes and 87c later and I'm sated for a couple of hours anyway.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To be fair, the ones I had were the microwavable kind in those plastic containers. Maybe that impacts the taste.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No, I'm pretty sure it's shit. The only way an adult eats that stuff is if they loved it as a child.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Does this taste better than the normal stuff they have on the shelves? I tried the normal stuff back when I first had kids because I remember loving that shit so much as a kid. And it was disgusting. Most disappointing nostalgia driven food purchase ever.

I think the throwback recipe is marketing. It tastes the same as the regular ones, and those taste the same as when I had them as a kid.

The other night I tossed two cans of beefaroni together, seasoned generously with crushed red pepper, and mixed in half a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese. So. Fucking. Good.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have this weird thing with Spaghetti-Os and canned ravioli where I have to eat it with bread... like I just dip bread in the sauce and eat it... anyone else? No? Just me? ok...

• 1Mother of God

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I have this weird thing with Spaghetti-Os and canned ravioli where I have to eat it with bread... like I just dip bread in the sauce and eat it... anyone else? No? Just me? ok...
Do you just pop open a can of beens and drink that yummy juice and toss the beans?

• 1Dislike
  • 1WTF

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I do that too, but I usually have a box of that texas toast garlic bread in my freezer. I'll usually toast up a couple pieces while I heat my ravioli up.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I fucking love piling mediocre spaghetti on top of huge pieces of garlic bread and eating it together. Awful lotta carbs, but races the taste factor by at LEAST 3.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users