<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've never had a crab cake, unless the ones from Red Lobster count

stan marsh GIF by South Park

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
99% of crab cakes outside of Maryland are just crab flavored bread.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
99% of crab cakes outside of Maryland are just crab flavored bread.

What I like is when I Google some combination of 'Red Lobster Crab Cake', I get inundated with 'copycat' recipes. Almost as if the Red Lobster recipe is the de facto yardstick to measure crab cakes by.

One of these days I'll have to drive up that part of the coast and gorge myself on crab cakes and lobster rolls.

1624806934877.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Saw these today, seems like some shit you guys would like.

Attachments

• 20210628_142352.jpg
    20210628_142352.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Turns out these kinds of nuts are super easy to make too if you do. Whip up your preferred mixture of sugar/spices toss some nuts on a baking sheet, sprinkle liberally and bake em for a little while.

GF decided to make some of those sugary holiday nuts last Christmas. Not something I'd eat every day, but pretty fucking good, and cheap as balls when all you gotta do is buy bulk nuts and use spices you already have anyway.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mentioned these to my office mate and he said he tried them and they aren't that hot. However, I need to caveat that with the fact that this guy grows his own reapers, scorpions, etc. (and gave me a couple plants I'm growing this year too) and can bite off the end of a fresh one and chew it up without dying. I cannot, so for all I know those almonds might blast my face off. I lean more towards them not being that hot though, because I don't see massive warning labels all over it.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally made it to Mcdonalds to try the spicy crispy chicken sandwich... Dog shit. Pure dog shit. If it was half the price of Popeyes or CFA, maybe it's passable but at full price? When Popeyes does what Mcdonalds is trying to do better in every way? CFA where it's always fresh, though a different iteration, and actually spicy?

That sandwich and an Oreo McFlurry (stale as fuck oreo's) was almost $9. Fuck outta here McD's

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Finally made it to Mcdonalds to try the spicy crispy chicken sandwich... Dog shit. Pure dog shit. If it was half the price of Popeyes or CFA, maybe it's passable but at full price? When Popeyes does what Mcdonalds is trying to do better in every way? CFA where it's always fresh, though a different iteration, and actually spicy?

That sandwich and an Oreo McFlurry (stale as fuck oreo's) was almost $9. Fuck outta here McD's

• 1WTF

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Now I need to take a road-trip to Des Moines

Scroll through their feed

One thing that East and West coast people forget about the 'flyover' states is that they have access to amazingly high quality foodstuffs. Even the goddamn McDonalds in Iowa had fresh beef that was extremely high quality and this was decades before their recent push towards freshness.

I always have to laugh at the 'locavore' types here on the East Coast as I grew up in the Midwest where locally grown vegetables and meats were a no-brainer. Restaurant suppliers only sourced from California during the winter months when local greenhouses couldn't meet demand.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
All that fast food clicked when THIS video popped on my youtube suggestions:

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
For those who might want to eat vast amounts of chick-fil-a nuggies without paying a premium for the privilege Costco apparently carries some rando frozen ones that are very very similar.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
tried shake shack for the first time today

great burger and a special bun, but god damn is it over priced in an insane way

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Some places aren't being very shy about prices atm. Last time I went to McD it looked like almost everything on the menu was 30% higher than my previous visit. Mcdonalds is not worth the price of a real meal.

• 1Truth!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Did you try the fresh cheese fries? That's the whole reason I go there.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to trying new KFC sandi. It's very large, especially for $3.99. thick, juicy, crispy. Pickle good touch. No sauce needed

Oh and Lays Extreme Cheddar baked kettle. Delightful texture and solid flavor. Not sure what they remind me of but they're good

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users