The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If those are 5-packs, that is only 45 nugs. 40 nug dinners aren't that much if you skipped lunch or had a light one.

Now the 4 pies, that is where you lost me. I'd rather have nugs than pies.

Those are 5's, yes. Think of it this way - 15 for breakfast, 15 for lunch, 15 for dinner, and then a 36 hour gap on food.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Velveeta was the gateway drug that led me to the Nirvana which is Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. I haven't made a powdered m&c in maybe over two decades.
View attachment 393333

I can't eat any other brand now. I've said many times, here and IRL, that I think the Cracker part is really just code for crack cocaine.

My preferred way to eat this is with a can of tuna mixed in and some reaper/scorpion pepper flakes that a coworker grinds up every year as Christmas gifts. Occasionally I'll mix it up with chicken or beef, but a can of tuna is so much less work, and I'm all about less work.
has anyone ever bought shit from the cracker barrel store front?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
has anyone ever bought shit from the cracker barrel store front?
Not I. They put a new one in a couple of years ago not too far away, but first the line was way too long just to get into the parking lot, let alone to get seated I'd imagine, and then covid hit and you couldn't go inside, so I've never even bothered to stop.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Nuggets arent food anyway, the texture is like eating a sponge.

Taco Bell ground beef and McDonalds Hamburgers are more convincing imitations of actual meat.

But purely in terms of quantity, if they were chicken fingers or something, about 6 nuggets mass seems right. 10 is holy shit ambitious or havent eaten all day.

Packing your stomach to the tip top full of any food - even a delicious homemade dinner - is uncomfortable and gross. Packing it to the brim with fast food is like the worst of both worlds.

On that note - one great thing about Arbys are the sliders. Order a slider, a small fry, and a small drink and you get a normal sized meal for a 2000s price instead of a 2020s price.
It's becoming more clear how you ended up in academia....

Taco Bell is whatever, but McDonald's hamburgers are 100% US beef. Additionally, quarter pound patties are cooked fresh to order, but all others are cooked ahead as normal. Since I'm doing keto/carnivore it actually works out nicely. Funny enough, the kids have seen me pull the buns off enough burgers that they now ask for just meat with no buns. It makes me proud.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

This is why Del Taco is about the only fast-food restaurant I frequent on a consistent basis. These guys fuckin' get it - fast food needs to be about quantity and convenience, not quality.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This is why Del Taco is about the only fast-food restaurant I frequent on a consistent basis. These guys fuckin' get it - fast food needs to be about quantity and convenience, not quality.
Wish we had it out here.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Xevy

Log Wizard
In college I got 100 nuggets. I ate 63 in one sitting but left the rest. I could have eaten more, but they started not tasting as good as they should to me so I just saved the rest and ate them the next day. All with Sweet N Sour sauce, obviously.

Also was in a eating challenge between two different friends. Once in Highschool with Subway (I have regrets) and once in College with McDoubles. Won both, but didn't even get a medal or anything. Unfortunate.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Velveeta was the gateway drug that led me to the Nirvana which is Cracker Barrel mac n cheese. I haven't made a powdered m&c in maybe over two decades.
View attachment 393333

I can't eat any other brand now. I've said many times, here and IRL, that I think the Cracker part is really just code for crack cocaine.

My preferred way to eat this is with a can of tuna mixed in and some reaper/scorpion pepper flakes that a coworker grinds up every year as Christmas gifts. Occasionally I'll mix it up with chicken or beef, but a can of tuna is so much less work, and I'm all about less work.
I heat our ham up with some butter and brown sugar in a pan. Great for sandwiches.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I love them, but I suspect with that commercial and new menu they are sneaking in price jumps off some dollar items to $2.

Unrelated. Damn I've gotten hooked on Jersey Mikes italian sub. Not sure if my local new location is a cut above the rest as it's the only one I've been to. But it's saying something when I detest Subway/firehouse/most other basic sammich places.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could do 100 nuggets easy. I might try this weekend.
do it mood GIF

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I love them, but I suspect with that commercial and new menu they are sneaking in price jumps off some dollar items to $2.
There are undoubtedly price hikes, I'm sure. That's the reality of Brandon's economy. I'm just glad Del Taco has the nuts to call it out instead of another commercial featuring a dinger.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
"chicken"

Now you can go to KFC and get nuggets that they don't even have to pretend aren't made from recycled cardboard.

YXG2ZXLXTBCOVFJEL56UZHJMJE.jpg

BTW someone needs to take one for the team on these things. I will do it if it hasn't happened before I get to town again.

• 2Barf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Haram