The Fast Food Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I never did this, but I knew people who would just grab a burger, scrape off everything, redo mustard/ketchup/pickle, and rewrap

EDIT: this was before staging cabinets; wasn't much point with staging, honestly not sure what they're doing now
that actually takes more time...

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
that actually takes more time...

Than making fresh?

What era are we talking about here?

Like I said, it would during the staging cabinet period, not worth it.

Before that, when you made 12:1 and 4:1 fresh on grill? No way

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Than making fresh?

What era are we talking about here?

Like I said, it would during the staging cabinet period, not worth it.

Before that, when you made 12:1 and 4:1 fresh on grill? No way
i believe it's 10:1

also those cabs been around since the 70s?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching this guys video how could you get it fresh by ordering no onions? The meat is in a drawer by itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Watching this guys video how could you get it fresh by ordering no onions? The meat is in a drawer by itself.
Back in the day places used to all preassemble sandwiches, but I think that’s gone out of style, they just have setups where you can make them fast like that. At least the McDonald’s I go to makes every hamburger to order.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yeah I remember the pre order shit that was like 30 years ago. Didn’t realize we were back in the 90s.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why would you want no onions? McDonald's is like the only fast food place that does onions right. Get no pickles instead!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Why would you want no onions? McDonald's is like the only fast food place that does onions right. Get no pickles instead!

Onions on a burger suck unless they're caramelized. Onion ring is OK if it's also got bacon and BBQ sauce.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is when McDs went from serviceable to dogshit, when they started using the drawers for meats. I think it was in the mid 90s.

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Onions on a burger suck unless they're caramelized. Onion ring is OK if it's also got bacon and BBQ sauce.
Onions on McDs cheeseburgers, doubles and triples are reconstituted, which is not bad. It kinda has a flavor of its own. I use reconstituted onions on my home burgers from time to time. Jsut buy some dried diced onion, and put it in some warm water for a few min, then drain.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fresh, as in it's not gonna be one of those premade mystery burgers that have been sitting in the bin (heating lamp) for god knows how long, they always have a few popular burgers there as a buffer/wrong burger grabbed, etc

i mean you could also ask for fresh patties off the grill, who knows what youre gonna get tho

rad

Lord of Guk
I thought it was common knowledge if you want fresh off the grill you gotta order quarter pounders.

Double quarter pounder mac way is god tier fast food.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All double burgers would be better as single burgers. Fight me, rage against it, but at the end of the day you know I'm right.

A QP deluxe with bacon, thats the burger if you have to eat McDonalds burgers for some reason, presumably because there isnt a Carls Jr nearby.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I miss Togo's from living in the Bay Area. The amount of pastrami they would put on a $9 sandwich was preposterous. Subway being garbage is the only thing me and Boozecube really agree on. Gas stations sell better subs at lower prices.
Togo's is still the best sandwich around, but like everything else the price has gotten ridiculous. I used to go once a week for years, and now I haven't been there in a few years.

A 6" #9 (Pastrami) is now $11 by itself. Fuck that. Raley's will make me a 12" for $14, and it is arguably better now.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Back in the day places used to all preassemble sandwiches, but I think that’s gone out of style, they just have setups where you can make them fast like that. At least the McDonald’s I go to makes every hamburger to order.
Shitty managers will still do it, force workers to do it. It's pretty f'n common to stack them up - which sucks obviously with the increase in price and chance for dried shittiness. Bojangles, Arby's, Hardees - anywhere with heat lamp. Asking for fresh can get around it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought it was common knowledge if you want fresh off the grill you gotta order quarter pounders.

Double quarter pounder mac way is god tier fast food.
I just had a quarter pounder with mac sauce instead of ketchup and mustard the other day... was really good.

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
1673904915424.png

This shit is good with coffee.

• 1Like