The Fast Food Thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Depends on what I am eating. I love sirarcha with rice, pretty much don't touch it otherwise. Franks red hot Exxtra hot is my go to every day hot sauce. Sambal is amazing in stir fry type stuff to me.

I keep like 20 hot sauces around. I got one that I strictly use for brisket tacos, A few different hot sauces for different types of wings, ect.
Franks is good. I am the same that I keep different ones around depending on my mood and the food. Crystal is dirt cheap, not super hot, but tastes really good. I actually like the flavor better than Tabasco.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn I bought a bunch of bottles last year when we were talking about shortages in Politics... knowing dipshits are paying that much almost makes me wanna throw those bitches up on ebay.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Relatives are over for 4th of july, and one wanted mozarella sticks from Sonic, cause she's stupid like that. Asked I wanted one of their blizzard imposter things, I was like why not, it's fucking hot. Went for a peanutbutter cup with caramel added. What I got had no caramel, and there may have been like one mini peanutbutter cup in the entire thing, so it was pretty much just soft serve in a cup. Just awful.

Why is sonic incapable of doing anything right other than onion rings and limeades?

What's wrong with that? Just get your own ice cream machine!

IMG_20221102_194338459_HDR-1.jpg

Bought an immersion blender so I can make my own blizzards. Outta soft serve mix though, gotta get another bag.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I never got on the sriracha train. To me, it tastes like shit. I know I am in the minority, but gimme any of a 100 other hot sauces.
I'm with you on sriracha. I wouldn't say it tastes like shit, but I'd rather have almost any other hot sauce. Valentina is my current go-to.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What's wrong with that? Just get your own ice cream machine!

View attachment 481287

Bought an immersion blender so I can make my own blizzards. Outta soft serve mix though, gotta get another bag.
Not a huge fan of icecream. I get a blizzard once or twice a a year, and very rarely hit up the mom and pop ice cream shop for an cone. The idea of ice cream at home just doesn't jive for me.

• 1Supertaster
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Not a huge fan of icecream. I get a blizzard once or twice a a year, and very rarely hit up the mom and pop ice cream shop for an cone. The idea of ice cream at home just doesn't jive for me.

I don't actually like ice cream either, but Strawberry Blizzards are my jam. Sometimes I'm not even hungry and I stop and get one. Hence why my kid got me the soft serve machine.

I'm reasonably certain all they do is dump some strawberries into a cup of soft serve and blend it. I'm gonna find out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm with you on sriracha. I wouldn't say it tastes like shit, but I'd rather have almost any other hot sauce. Valentina is my current go-to.
Sriracha really shines in hot soups like pho, though even in chicken noodle it's pretty great. The taste changes completely, and it becomes sweet and much hotter.

That said I love me some Franks, tobasco, Valentina black label, etc. That bottle of Buldak I just posted is great too. Koreans love their spicy.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
if you've got a Trader Joe's nearby, give their Yuzu Hot Sauce a try. It's become my go-to hot sauce. It's got the perfect balance of sweet & spicy, with an unusual citrusy flavor. I really like adding it to my Chipotle bowls.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 132108.png

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sriracha really shines in hot soups like pho, though even in chicken noodle it's pretty great. The taste changes completely, and it becomes sweet and much hotter.

That said I love me some Franks, tobasco, Valentina black label, etc. That bottle of Buldak I just posted is great too. Koreans love their spicy.
I never tried Valentina. Is it nationally available?

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you get it at the grocery store Valentina is practically free. 34 oz bottle is like $2.99.

A friend recently sent me this one after he went to Belize for vacation.

04de1225-2265-4981-91c8-e23daae1d5fb.82eb9202bf07c586453e69e9a26e38be.jpeg

The sweet in this comes from carrots and it has a pretty distinct carrot flavor which I wouldn't have really thought would be a good thing but I like it quite a bit.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Valentinas is not great to me. Marie sharps brand is good. Grocery stores around me carry it.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
if you put a line of sriracha on your hot dog, thats like .50c of sauce
I might need to make a black market sale to yall, i'm like 80% certain local asian grocer had a fuck ton of siracha, though had a sign limit 2 bottles. Maybe it was a copy cat, dunno.

bolok

Trakanon Raider

Sriracha is for Pho and Banhn-mi sandwiches. Maybe the occasional thai/chinese deal. But Sambal is usualy the goto there.