The Flash

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So... Is the new season any good? I haven't watched any of the DC shows this season.

Flash is probably my least favorite atm, although I have enjoyed this season more than last. Elongated Man is a nice addition. I'd say my favorite atm is Legends, then probably Arrow and Supergirl. Although not connected, Black Lightning has been pretty watchable. If you aren't going to get offended by the racial shit they throw at you.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Flash is probably my least favorite atm, although I have enjoyed this season more than last. Elongated Man is a nice addition. I'd say my favorite atm is Legends, then probably Arrow and Supergirl. Although not connected, Black Lightning has been pretty watchable. If you aren't going to get offended by the racial shit they throw at you.

I like how Black Lightning's daughter looks like a hooker as her superhero costume.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I finally dropped flash and arrow, both shows were just getting really annoying with the relationships and I couldn't bother to roll my eyes anymore. Elongated man was indeed a great addition, I just can't stand everything that is happening with the teams anymore. Arrow is even worse for involving his son, who ran away from the lair to be with dad, only to get in the middle of the fight with the guy about to blow up the city, oh yeah great time to get sappy son. Still watching Supergirl for now, hoping Krypton will be decent.

Sterling

El Presidente
This show has never been consistent or particularly well done, but at least it was fun. Now it's just shitty and this is probably my last season watching this or the other CW hero shows unless something changes.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I finally dropped flash and arrow, both shows were just getting really annoying with the relationships and I couldn't bother to roll my eyes anymore. Elongated man was indeed a great addition, I just can't stand everything that is happening with the teams anymore. Arrow is even worse for involving his son, who ran away from the lair to be with dad, only to get in the middle of the fight with the guy about to blow up the city, oh yeah great time to get sappy son. Still watching Supergirl for now, hoping Krypton will be decent.

I stopped watching Arrow when his son became a major character/plot point early in this season. I absolutely hate when shows do those story lines that involve kids (when the show isn't about kids).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I stopped watching Arrow when his son became a major character/plot point early in this season. I absolutely hate when shows do those story lines that involve kids (when the show isn't about kids).

This is why all your WOW pets hate you.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I assume even though they are "standing still" they are probably still vibrating fast enough to keep them in "Flashtime."
What's extra dumb is that, given that he has the power to effectively stop time, he should have had zero trouble defeating most if not all of the non-super speed villains he's gone up against. Barry should be able to "Flashtime" punch DeVoe in the face and it's all over.

Ladro

Anomaly
Thought this last episode was pretty good but agree the CW shows are sort of going down hill in general. I'm still watching but I think that's only due to the fact I've already invested in them and want to see where they go.

Maybe we need to merge the threads into a single CW/DC Comics Universe thread?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Thought this last episode was pretty good but agree the CW shows are sort of going down hill in general. I'm still watching but I think that's only due to the fact I've already invested in them and want to see where they go.

Maybe we need to merge the threads into a single CW/DC Comics Universe thread?
At any point any of these shows tries to get political, I'm deleting the series off my drive. Blacklighting and Supergirl are dead to me.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My general take on the Arrowverse so far this season....

• Flash - Trying to "get the original team/mojo/feeling" back to a certain degree, and it's working to a certain degree. Still having fun with it without being out and out stupid, still needing to handwave a lot of stuff with "Speedforce means I don't have to explain shit". Of the DC shows I'm enjoying this one most. Also, nice to have a big bad who isn't a speedster.
  • Arrow - More and more trying to be grimdark One Tree Hill with vigilantes.. Big bad for the season isn't awful, but the writing has had even more holes than the Flash which is less forgivable with the amount of Extra Emo storyline.
  • Legends of Tomorrow - If you're OK with just turning off any sense or expectation that they would make sense and enjoy the ride this is fun this season. They have fully embraced the campyness of the premise, and the stopped for the most part caring about causality when writing a show about time travel. If you think about the plot you will cringe, if you focus on the jokes you'll probably have a decent time. (More and more realizing the casting of Damien Dark is what makes him so great...)
  • Supergirl - I watch the episode before and episode of each years crossover for this and that's all, so I don't really have an opinion. Just never got into it.
  • Black Lightning - Waiting and going to binge watch this once the season is done.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
SInce this is kind of the default CW DC shows thread I'll throw this info here. Constantine is back! He is going to be a regular in next season of Legends.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I think the 23 episode format is killing these shows for me. I hold interest for about 10-12 episodes and then the sheer amount of filler just overwhelms my interest and i just sort of drop them.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If you get cast on a series immediately delete your fucking social media. All of it. Clear that shit out!! Even though this doesnt seem to be the case here even innocuous in-jokes will get your ass fired.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Well so much for that. I actually liked his portrayal of Elongated Man

So one of the only watchable characters is going to , at best, be halfheartedly recast. I suspect they will just write him off as "he's off chasing Sue". Which also sucks as it was the only of the "romance" storylines which held any real interest to me.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So one of the only watchable characters is going to , at best, be halfheartedly recast. I suspect they will just write him off as "he's off chasing Sue". Which also sucks as it was the only of the "romance" storylines which held any real interest to me.
Also sucks cuz he went from an annoying character to pretty awesome. Also looking forward to the Sue storyline.

• 1Solidarity