The Interview - Rogan and Franco attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-Un

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't the original release date christmas day? Maybe the day after. Either way, the first time i saw it, I thought they must be trying to bury the movie, because who the hell is going to the movies on Christmas? If this is all a marketing ploy, I expect them to move the date back a week or 2 to something more reasonable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't the original release date christmas day? Maybe the day after. Either way, the first time i saw it, I thought they must be trying to bury the movie, because who the hell is going to the movies on Christmas? If this is all a marketing ploy, I expect them to move the date back a week or 2 to something more reasonable.
Go to the movies on Christmas and see. A LOT of people go to the movies that day. I've gone with some friends off and on the past decade or so, and if you don't get there for the first showing, and early, you're going to be waiting in line. I remember waiting over half an hour for Sherlock Holmes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the biggest non-summer-blockbuster weekends of the year.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
If all this is real I think it's so fucken lousy that NK has got their way.

And oddly, after giving it some thought: If actually it was revealed that this is just a clever marketing stunt, then I actually will be happy with that and give it a big thumbs up!!

That'd be pretty cool.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think this is a stunt, only because this is all tied to the document leaks which im pretty sure are going to cost a few studio heads their jobs. if they would release this on demand i would likely pay to see it and this would probably set records for the biggest on demand movie of all time. fucking Sony, yeah , shelve the whole thing and lose 200m. good move there, dumbasses.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If the hackers already have all their dirty secrets, I don't understand why you wouldn't at least try to recoup cost through a VOD release. What are they going to do, threaten to 9/11 all the cable providers in America too?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What are they going to do, threaten to 9/11 all the cable providers in America too?
Oh, fuck...

shutdown_everything_200.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
They must have emails with execs detailing elaborate stock market scams or something.

Or else... And just bear with me here... this is a super retardo viral marketing trolljob that somehow perfect stormed itself so far out of control that no one can admit it anymore without fear of criminal charges.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They must have emails withexecs detailing elaborate stock market scams or something.

Or else... And just bear with me here... this is a super retardo viral marketing trolljob that somehow perfect stormed itself so far out of control that no one can admit it anymore without fear of criminal charges.
Yeah because people go to jail for stuff like that in our country....ROFLMAO.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sony absolutely did the right thing in cancelling the theater release. However, this movie is getting major popularity as a result. If they did a straight DVD or VoD release instead, they'd make a killing.

The problem with doing a theatrical release in America is that we are an EXTREMELY litigious country. Sony has an active threat and if anything actually happened to a theater showing this film, Sony is 100% responsible. And knowing that there is already a threat in place, insurance would no longer cover it. And people would sue... oh man would they sue. That's why they had to pull the plug on a theatrical release.

I still have hope that it'll eventually end up online or as a DVD.