The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
the dlc's are absolutely worth it on cemu

on the switch itself, not so much

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Are the DLCs worth getting? I thought they were going to add a new dungeon but it looks like it's just new armor.

1 new dungeon, but I'd consider the Master Sword trials as a 2nd dungeon(if you never played them before)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Master sword trials were fun and frustrating. It’s weird in that it seemed to get easier the further you got

Siliconemelons

The master sword trials are "easier" the further you go because you start to have expendables...

that said, I still have yet to beat it on master mode- I cannot take more than 1 baddie at a time- if I get more than one, by the time you "deal with the other(s)" your primary target has regenerated and you can burn through your weapons very, very fast.

I have yet to download the DLC #2 - suppose I should, and then remember again, again, how to install hacked stuff lol

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The game was absolutely gorgeous. I fucking hated all of the shrines, though. And yes, the Divine Beasts and Ganon fight were absolutely disappointing. Beautiful game, though.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why didn't you like the shrines? I mean obviously shrines in lieu of fully fleshed-out dungeons was a disappointment, but I still thought they were great.

Except for the half-dozen that required motion controls.

• 2Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I fucking hated the ones where you had to use the motion control. I almost threw my switch into a wall in one particular shrine.

I'm a completionist; so, having to scour the ENTIRE FUCKING EARTH to find them sucked. The dragons were definitely cool.

• 2Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying to get to one of the first 3 shrines that is across a freezing cold river. Ffffuuu jump obstacles. Keep falling in the river!!

Luckily for me, unlike Hekotat Hekotat , I didn't spend an hour on the stasis shrine as I remembered it said things of immense size could be moved. Lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Trying to get to one of the first 3 shrines that is across a freezing cold river. Ffffuuu jump obstacles. Keep falling in the river!!

If I remember correctly there are two metal platforms next to it you can move to put on the pillars leading up to the broken bridge so you can connect it without having to jump much.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Luckily for me, unlike Hekotat Hekotat , I didn't spend an hour on the stasis shrine as I remembered it said things of immense size could be moved. Lol
Climb up the cliff near the hermit guy's hut, skips the river.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks guys. Wife helped and told me about the metal platforms that I can put over the pillars. Solves that! I'm not a huge puzzle guy, but so far they haven't been terrible here, and pretty fun.

Siliconemelons

Well technically the entire game is a puzzle, during a replay it is fun to do things not the same way you did them before.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just got a Switch and I'm definitely going to buy this game again. Looking forward to getting back into this one after I finish Odyssey.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I can’t afford a Switch just for this game (although I want to). Anyone playing on Wii U have any comments/problems or should I just wait for a Switch?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
No difference between Switch, WiiU (unless your gonna speedrun.) and still have too deal with shitty motion controls .... grr really wish they would stop making them "required" for 4-5puzzles thru a whole game.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

The switch has the motion controls doesn't it?

The switch has more color depth, less issue with fps drop, although that is not bad in the first place- and has more detailed environmental sounds.

I played on the wiiu, haxxoor! My wife would not play it for moral reasons so- I bought it for reals on the switch to replay with her

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I played this on Wii U and it was laggy as fuck at times. You eventually get used to it though.

Siliconemelons

The thing is there is "built in lag" with certain attack hits doing a pause for dramatics (and really it is a cleaver way for them to hide processing lag, like the doors in metroid prime)

So with that, it is hard to really sometimes see or feel the "real lag" as when there is real lag it typically is under the same circumstances as the artificial lag and as you said, you eventually get used to it and do not "care"