The Netflix Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

netflix spent $450m on that and a sequel

also rumors that netflix is gonna announce its Chronicles of Narnia plans, they bought the rights 4 years ago and have been sitting on them. Supposedly 3-4 huge TV shows, a series of movies, and a few video games. They are going all in on it to be their big fantasy IP to combat Rings of Power and Game of Thrones, especially with Stranger Things ending next season.

Damn, I was hoping that with how badly Damn Treader did, they'd leave the series alone in peace. I guess talentless hacks have to use something creative and liberals haven't created anything in the past 20+ years' worth reading or watching. I'm trying to think of media I read or watched from my childhood and youth they haven't tried to destroy yet and I'm coming up blank.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm just waiting for someone to destroy

Snow Crash / The Diamond Age
Culture series (Iain M Banks, dead so easier to destroy)
Rendezvous with Rama (constant rumors)
Commonwealth Saga
Belgarion Series (lamer 80s WoT/LOTR)
yet another Conan the Barbarian reboot
Back to the Future reboot

Foundation and Wheel of Time got raped this year so we're on track for everything being destroyed soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

Commonwealth Saga

Foundation and Wheel of Time got raped this year so we're on track for everything being destroyed soon.
Mote in Gods Eye
Mazalan anything
How has Elric not been ruined yet
The Executioner series

And for fun we could use a grrl power Gor series

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

netflix spent $450m on that and a sequel

also rumors that netflix is gonna announce its Chronicles of Narnia plans, they bought the rights 4 years ago and have been sitting on them. Supposedly 3-4 huge TV shows, a series of movies, and a few video games. They are going all in on it to be their big fantasy IP to combat Rings of Power and Game of Thrones, especially with Stranger Things ending next season.
How the fuck are they going to do Narnia in our woke world? Did they not actually read the books?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy

Commonwealth Saga

I'm so glad the BTTF guys did what they did. It can't be raped until they're dead so they won't have to see it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Commonwealth Saga

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't seen any official confirmation but if its true a huge shift in the streaming landscape. I think Netflix is the only one left though who drops everything at once, everyone else has moved back to weekly.

ads, a million services each with their own stupid little pool of shit, shit content, its a return to the glorious 90s but now with way more joggers on screen

emw5m4hb50n91.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon still drops 2-3 on opening then goes weekly. Gives time for fandom discussion while getting you into the thick of the season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Commonwealth Saga

Was there a Black Company show? I remember rumors at least.....?

Would be an amazing idea - have a different opponent for each season, different companions for the book.

But, of course, it would be butchered.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Was there a Black Company show? I remember rumors at least.....?

Would be an amazing idea - have a different opponent for each season, different companions for the book.

But, of course, it would be butchered.
Elisha/Eliza Dushku/Tad10 bought the rights to it several years ago, and she was apparently going to play The Lady, which would have been a travesty. I believe it was going to be a series, which at least would have been better. I haven't seen anything new about it since then.

spronk

FPS noob
article said:
One of the most unforgettable scenes in the (very fictionalized) Marilyn Monroe biopic involves forceps entering the actress' vaginal cavity, shot from the vagina's point of view.
Late into the film, a doctor is administering Marilyn's second abortion. High on the barbiturates that would eventually kill her, Marilyn both accepts and rejects what's happening to her in the operating room: She is in no position, mentally or otherwise, to have this baby, badly as she wants to.

well i guess its not a "ana de armas gets naked a lot" movie, its more a CGI fetus talks to marilyn monroe movie.

you had one fucking job netflix

• 3WTF
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck? How much does the retard at Netflix who okays this shit get paid? Why cant I have that job?

Blonde announces that Marilyn is pregnant for the first time with one hilariously heavy-handed set of visuals. (Sadly, these over-the-top sequences are rarely amusing at all.) Little animated sperms race around the screen, swimming toward the beckoning ovum, begging to be inseminated. The result: a computer-generated fetus. Instead of giving her a swollen belly, the film portrays pregnant Marilyn by cutting to shots of the humanoid clump of cells growing inside of her several times.

Yeah whoever directed/wrote this pile of shit clearly made some personal fetish film. Dude has probably spent the past 30+ years jerking off to look who's talking.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That actually looks like it could be a fun movie but Boyega sucks and the writing/acting just looks bad

spronk

FPS noob
out today, 2h46m ... hard pass. someone take the hit though and let us know how much T&A there is

1664385174204.png

not out until x-mas but i guess reviewers are seeing it early

1664385192969.png