The New Mutants (2019)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
She was the main character in The Witch and Split. I agree on her looking the part. My hope for this being part of the MCU is mostly that she keeps getting to play Magik, because she was one my favorite X-Men characters as well.

edit: oh, she was also Morgan in Morgan. She is pretty good at the cold killer girl.

She has something strange and unique about her looks that I cannot quite put my finger on. Her eyes are a little too far apart maybe? And the middle-top of her upper lip comes to a weird point? I dunno but she is subtly off-putting. All that being said, she acts well in that "extended dread" kind of way, as shown in Split and the Witch.

At any rate, a superhero movie with a horror slant seems kinda novel and perhaps interesting. I have a sinking suspicion that the horror aspect is just that main character's projection and will be less central in the movie than it appears in the trailer.

Looks interesting nonetheless.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Demon bear story line
And for any of you thinking maybe you'll pick up a (digital) comic and read that storyline, be prepared for literally the worst fucking artwork. Granted, some of the diversity hire shit I've seen on channels like Ya Boi Zack and EVS is even worse, but I distinctly remember canceling my New Mutants pull during this storyline because the art was such shit. This was in the fucking 90s when you still had fairly decent artists too, which made it even worse.

(To be fair, looking at it now, I'd rather see this than the fucking SJW bullshit today, but at the time I was literally triggered over how jarring and horrible it was.)

I mean look at this shit. Bonus, this shows Illyana finding out about her armor for the first time.

Go here if you feel like reading the entire issue and checking the rest of the art: https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-New-Mutants/Issue-19#1

RCO021_1468896803.jpg

• 1Rustled
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
1578500398558.png

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA that may be single worst fill ever done in the history of comics.

Flame? More like: Here, son, could you doodle on this image for a few minutes with this red Sharpie? Thanks, kid.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
She has something strange and unique about her looks that I cannot quite put my finger on. Her eyes are a little too far apart maybe? And the middle-top of her upper lip comes to a weird point? I dunno but she is subtly off-putting. All that being said, she acts well in that "extended dread" kind of way, as shown in Split and the Witch.

At any rate, a superhero movie with a horror slant seems kinda novel and perhaps interesting. I have a sinking suspicion that the horror aspect is just that main character's projection and will be less central in the movie than it appears in the trailer.

Looks interesting nonetheless.

Actually, you'll probably get what you're looking for. IIRC, I read somewhere (probably here??) that the director had a hard-on to do a horror movie, and when he was offered this instead, was all "Fuck it, I'll just make this a horror movie." Which is why I have little interest in this even though I was a fan of the New Mutants back in the day. I want a good Mutants movie, not a horror movie with shoehorned mutants and cgi boogeymen and lame jump scares.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well there goes almost any chance for it not to be awful.

This is all the Director's original vision though. The Disney/Fox deal stopped all the reshoots that were being forced on him. Disney also didn't do anything to it. They just finally decided to release the movie after it sitting completed for 3 years. It's also a "Fox" movie and has nothing to do with the MCU.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excellent strategy, release it during the corona lockdown. Claim that's what tanked it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This is all the Director's original vision though. The Disney/Fox deal stopped all the reshoots that were being forced on him. Disney also didn't do anything to it. They just finally decided to release the movie after it sitting completed for 3 years. It's also a "Fox" movie and has nothing to do with the MCU.
Sure. I thought the original concept was kind of a comic horror thing though and it being PG-13 makes that kind of awkward. Not saying it has no chance, just seems unlikely.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sure. I thought the original concept was kind of a comic horror thing though and it being PG-13 makes that kind of awkward. Not saying it has no chance, just seems unlikely.
If this movie becomes a hit, it will probably be after it hits digital. I don't think anyone expects too much out of it tbh. It's probably Disney just getting whatever money they can out of it. It's not gonna get a sequel and these characters aren't going to be MCU. I want it to be good though, because I am a big New Mutants fan and will end up seeing it at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like they nailEd Magik which is the only new mutant I care about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Delayed again, this time due to COVID-19. They just need to stop trying to release this thing.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
They should release it now while everything else is delayed, best bet for it to make any money is to be the only game in town. then everyone who still wants something to do because this is all bullshit will see it since there are no other options.

• 1Like