The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'd say that Mozart was a genius but he didn't really invent anything.

You clearly don't understand music history or theory. Mozart invented quite a lot.

I've told you how to cure your cancer but you refuse to listen to me and then ask "what contributions?". Fucking hilarious.

You honestly believe you can cure cancer? Fucking hilarious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

Unfortunately I live in a world where my contributions will never be actualized because they go against the grain of those in power. Sort of like how the true extent of Tesla's inventions such as free energy will never be actualized.
Please the ones besides cancer.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think one of the big things many 'mainstreams' fail to think about is that the evolution of technology is not necessarily a static evolution. It doesn't always have to be bronze > iron > industrial. That was *our* particular evolution. "Ancient Technology" could have had a completely different path in terms of being "advanced". I'm not saying I believe that there was/wasn't ancient high technology, but I do believe that it would be close minded of me to shut out the idea, or possibility that if there were humans prior to when we believe civilization to start (Mesopotamia), that they had the same exact technology has us. Assuming they were advanced, doesn't mean they had to have phones or the internet to qualify. I think that's where many get hung up.

Our evolution of technology as anything is built upon its predecessors. So if there was some sort of cataclysm 12,000 years ago or whatever (which is proposed by many mainstream scientists), it's possible that it wiped out nearly all those that were scientists, engineers, etc. of that era. Imagine if there was a global cataclysm tomorrow, and 90% of the population was eradicated. Most of us aren't engineers and scientists. Recreating an electrical grid, even cooking, hunting or building a fire would kill most of the remaining survivors. Unless you hang out w/ extremely well rounded survivalist type people, the basic idea of drinking clean water following a catastrophe would likely be the last of many peoples concerns, killing many. it's not hard to imagine a complete loss of technology following a cataclysm if your first and most necessary course of action is survival.

tl;dr - don't think aliens created the pyramids, Petra or other historic sites, but i wouldn't rule out and remain open to the possibility of a different evolution in technology prior to the dynastic period using sound, or something else as a main proponent.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
i wouldn't rule out and remain open to the possibility of a different evolution in technology prior to the dynastic period using sound, or something else as a main proponent.

Given how corrupt our current scientific methodology has become, alternative branches of technology are not only likely but inevitable AND being suppressed.

Take a hard look at the reproducibility crisis. You know I'm right.

In 2009, 2% of scientists admitted to falsifying studies at least once and 14% admitted to personally knowing someone who did. Misconducts were reported more frequently by medical researchers than others.

Free energy suppression conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
academia has always been about who's signing the checks. even way back hundreds of years ago. the vatican was funding scientists to come to a certain conclusion that met a certain narrative. i'm not saying any of it was a conspiracy or even fucking aliens, i'm saying that science isnt an untainted field. hell, even the videos i post, these guys are also looking to prove their narrative of ancient high technology. i just find the whole thing interesting.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I tagged one of those videos to watch later, the one about possible use of waterways and tubes to float the blocks to the top of the pyramids (probably was Chuk that posted it), and watched it this weekend when I was bored. Even if that's not how it was done, it kills me that people will immediately dismiss a pretty fucking simple solution like that in favor of aliens. Not just dismiss, but actively belittle anyone that doesn't believe it was "literally impossible and therefore, ergo, ipso facto, must be aliens/angels/lizard people".

I've said it before, it is the exact same mentality that makes people double down on chiropractic/massage nonsense (I'm talking the "I can fix anything, including cancer, by adjusting the proper vertebrae or touching a certain spot on your foot") or homeopathic remedies like essential oils, face creams, etc. They want to feel smarter than everyone else by knowing something the rest of us don't. If you start to discredit their secret knowledge in any way, that attacks their view of themselves as being smarter, which is why they are usually so rabid in protecting even the dumbest ideas. You aren't just criticizing an idea, you are criticizing their self-image.

<trumpsad.jpg>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
They want to feel smarter than everyone else by knowing something the rest of us don't. If you start to discredit their secret knowledge in any way, that attacks their view of themselves as being smarter, which is why they are usually so rabid in protecting even the dumbest ideas. You aren't just criticizing an idea, you are criticizing their self-image.

Sure are a lot of medicines that started out as traditional remedies until chemists came along and refined them.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So I am currently researching and writing a 30 minute Bigfoot horror short.

Anyone here got any really good Bigfoot documents, films, stories, pics they find creepy or just interesting? I've done lots of basic research but I know some of you weirdos spend a lot more time on the internet than I do and come across stuff I might have missed.