The Shannara Chronicles

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well... hmm...
Finale wasn't bad (except the painful vocal soundtrack) but it wasn't great either. It really needed more with Wil and the consequences of using the elfstones. To leave it open at the end without a guarantee of a second season was odd as well. If it does get renewed then we will be getting something new between stones and song. Maybe they will get into the stones more.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well... hmm...
Finale wasn't bad (except the painful vocal soundtrack) but it wasn't great either. It really needed more with Wil and the consequences of using the elfstones. To leave it open at the end without a guarantee of a second season was odd as well. If it does get renewed then we will be getting something new between stones and song. Maybe they will get into the stones more.
The finale was bad. Not episode 8 bad, but still really bad. God I hope there isn't a second season...because I'll watch that too and hate every minute of it.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
The show is quite good, would have been a bit better though, if one might glimpse a pair of elf titties though.
Had there been elf titties in it, there would be no speculation about a 2nd season, mark my words.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The show is quite good
rrr_img_127733.jpg

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
If you had no foreknowledge of the the story or the history of the four lands... and you're 14-18 years old... then yeah maybe I could agree.

It had its moments, but those were quickly swallowed but cringe-worthy dialogue and fake/forced teenage drama.

Pros:
Allanon
Eventine
The look of Dagda Mor and Changeling
The Ellcrys
Female cast was easy on the eyes
Wil had a couple good moments.

Cons:
Poor acting
the disregard of the size of the Four Lands
too many real world callbacks
Poor acting
Trolls
Gnomes
Poor acting
Anything involving Bandon
Hipsterville
No Free Army or Dwarves
And poor acting

Thought after ep 3 and 4 it was going to turn around. Now we need a network to butcher WoT (more than Jordan did post book 6)and the circle will be complete.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought it was like they ran out of money so just crammed the last 3 hours into 1. I don't expect much though so if there is a second season I will watch that too.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I thought it was like they ran out of money so just crammed the last 3 hours into 1. I don't expect much though so if there is a second season I will watch that too.
You mean the week+ long trip over treacherous and unsafe terrain it took to get to Safehold that was turned into a montage return trip with a really shitty song played over it? Did that feel crammed?

I am agreeing with you just shocked at anyone that could say the show was "good".

Ganthorn

N00b
You mean the week+ long trip over treacherous and unsafe terrain it took to get to Safehold that was turned into a montage return trip with a really shitty song played over it? Did that feel crammed?

I am agreeing with you just shocked at anyone that could say the show was "good".
They should have just done the Roc flying them back instead. It would have made more sense.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They should have just done the Roc flying them back instead. It would have made more sense.
WHY THE FUCK DID THEY EVEN INCLUDE PERK IN THE STORY IF THEY DIDN'T RIDE BACK TO ARBORLON ON GENEWEN!?!?!?!?!?

I mean obviously because then they couldn't work in Wil fucking Amberle.

GOD DAMNIT THIS SHOW WAS AWFUL.

*edit*

A much more natural break point would be to end the first season after them escaping from the Reaper at Pykon, assuming they were following the story more closely instead of adding all sorts of nonsensical made up bullshit like...well 90% of the show.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

That song was the absolute worst. I was laughing so hard the entire time it was playing. I can accept them going all weird and ephemeral with the title song, but holy fuck that "Run Boy Run" was possibly the worst thing I've ever heard on television.

EDIT: Because it needs to be shared:

Ganthorn

N00b
WHY THE FUCK DID THEY EVEN INCLUDE PERK IN THE STORY IF THEY DIDN'T RIDE BACK TO ARBORLON ON GENEWEN!?!?!?!?!?

I mean obviously because then they couldn't work in Wil fucking Amberle.

GOD DAMNIT THIS SHOW WAS AWFUL.

*edit*

A much more natural break point would be to end the first season after them escaping from the Reaper at Pykon, assuming they were following the story more closely instead of adding all sorts of nonsensical made up bullshit like...well 90% of the show.
They could have easily had them try to get into the city itself by Roc and have the demons use it for archery practice so he has to drop them off outside. None of the rest would have to change and it would have made 100x more sense

Malkav

French Madman
That song was the absolute worst. I was laughing so hard the entire time it was playing. I can accept them going all weird and ephemeral with the title song, but holy fuck that "Run Boy Run" was possibly the worst thing I've ever heard on television.

EDIT: Because it needs to be shared:
Dear god that song is atrocious.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
This is funny, all the ones who complain are people who has read the books, maybe, just maybe this series was made for the broader audience that dont give a shit about who is supposed to be what and who is riding on what?

I realize that most of you are passionate about the 4 lands and such and want it be as good as or better than Game of Thrones.
I dont think they have the same budget..

But that is like saying that any fantasy movie has to as well made as lord of the rings, to be watchable...when the fact is that all of you have enjoyed movies with lower budgets.

If you have seen all 10 episodes and didnt like it at all, then you are either a stupid person or in fact lying a bit, as most "normal" people who dont like a fucking tv-series, switch to another channel or does something else entirely. True or False?

I have seen all 10 episodes and it was quite good = watchable, not the best I have seen though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or maybe you're just a moronic half-wit who wouldn't know a good story even if it was fucking him in the ass?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is funny, all the ones who complain are people who has read the books, maybe, just maybe this series was made for the broader audience that dont give a shit about who is supposed to be what and who is riding on what?
I don't remember the book at all really. I am complaining as a fantasy series being adapted to TV poorly.

Don't assume shit about us. I didn't expect this to be GoT or anywhere near it. You are right it isn't about the budget it's about the story choices. Do you see anyone complaining about the CGI or anything else you would normally talk about when it comes to budget? No.

You don't read this subforum much I think. We watch TV shows from beginning to end even if we dislike it because we are giving it a chance. We enjoy the process of it all. Maybe episode 8 it fixes a lot of the problems. I think probably 99.99% of the watchers also don't watch it live meaning they probably watch it after they have exhausted the rest of the shows they watched in the week.

To put it into perspective this month I am watching 35 shows a week when they are all on and not on a break. I think that 5 ended this month including this show. Some of it isn't top notch.