The "Shit I just bought" thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My wife, like most of the more sadistic sex, loves true crime TV shows and podcasts. I picked her up 3 bottles of this wine based on the label alone, and the grocery checkout guy told me that his friend was just telling him about how this wine has an augmented reality app to go along with it.

We just tested it out tonight and it's pretty cool. Nothing elaborate, but it's very well done. Highly recommend as a gift for anyone that likes true crime & wine. No fucking idea how good the wine is yet, though. ;)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
210mm wa-gyuto

VP9 Long Slide conversion kit

Think I'm done buying toys for a little bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crimson

Peasant
A metal gauntlet type thing for my left arm....

I don't know why. I guess I like asymmetry and protecting myself.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've bought a lot of shit lately due to getting what amounts to like a 45% raise.

Fitbit Inspire HR. It's neat, I like it. The reviews are correct, the software is garbage, and sync problems almost make the thing completely useless. This might end up getting returned.

4k Fire TV stick. Decently faster than the regular one, and having power and volume buttons on the remote is a pretty awesome QoL improvement. Worth it even without a 4k TV

The new iPad Air that came out last month. They didn't call it the 3 as far as I can tell, but whatever. This is my first ever apple product, so it's a little different experience. The thing runs smooth as butter though, it's easily the cleanest tablet experience I've ever had. If you're a heavy tablet user it's worth it. I mostly use it at work for keeping track of stuff and a few games. It will be nice when it's slower at work and I can use it to watch movies and stuff. It's a little expensive for the things I use it for, but the performance makes it so much nicer to use than other tablets I've used.

Steelseries Apex M750 TKL keyboard. I wanted a tenkeyless keyboard for space reasons mainly. I didn't even use the base keycaps, I instantly put pudding keycaps on before I even hooked it up to my computer. It's a sweet as fuck keyboard. It feels a fair amount different than the reds I'm used to, but it's relatively quiet for a mechanical keyboard. The keys are actually super quiet if you don't bottom out, but I nearly always do just from habit I guess. It's a very sleak and clean design. I like that it doesn't have a lip on the bottom like my K70 did, that just attracts shit falling to it there. I actually left the LEDS on on this, which I never have on keyboards. Being able to set the color to a nice calm relaxing color makes it fairly peaceful to me, especially with pudding keycaps.

I know it's been talked about a bit on the forums, but I thought I'd try some of this shit as my teeth aren't the greatest. I haven't used it much yet as I just got it, it's definitely a weird experience. I think it's going to some experimenting to figure out how to use not too much. It's a bitch to completely rinse the stuff out of your mouth. My sister swears it's done wonders for her though.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
4k Fire TV stick. Decently faster than the regular one, and having power and volume buttons on the remote is a pretty awesome QoL improvement. Worth it even without a 4k TV
do you have alexa? can it turn on the stick -> tv?

i got the regular firetv and the option to do that was grey'd out, and just returned, wondering if the 4k has it properly now.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
do you have alexa? can it turn on the stick -> tv?

i got the regular firetv and the option to do that was grey'd out, and just returned, wondering if the 4k has it properly now.
I don't use any voice stuff, so I can't be sure. I'm pretty sure it claimed it had that ability though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Be careful with charcoal. My best friend is a dentist and he said a lot of young chicks are ruining their teeth using it every day or every other day. He said he wouldn't even use it every 6 months. The reason your teeth get so clean is it's ultra abrasive and is literally stripping enamel off your teeth.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Be careful with charcoal. My best friend is a dentist and he said a lot of young chicks are ruining their teeth using it every day or every other day. He said he wouldn't even use it every 6 months. The reason your teeth get so clean is it's ultra abrasive and is literally stripping enamel off your teeth.

Also be careful if you are on any medications and antibiotics as it will render them ineffective.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Shit I just bought: 1600€ worth of car repair. Ow. New summer tires as well. 300€.
Mother's funeral stuff 3500€ all together. Cemetary fees still open.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. - Piter

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Statue time again, a little different this time around though.

I present Rogue. :)

Rogue1.jpg

Rogue4.jpg

Rogue5.jpg

Rogue6.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Replaced my Garmin Vivoactive HR with a Vivoactive 3.

As someone who has been buying Garmin products since 2008 it is quite amazing the improvements in these devices over the past 11 years. If anyone wants my Vivoactive HR on the cheap PM me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Rogue, the only reason Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel has been relevant at all in the past 3 decades.

Nice statue! That's an interesting pose, I like it. I never knew much about Rogue until the issue where she showed up on Charles Xavier's front door asking for help. That was a brilliant bit of writing and hooked me into her story. Except for her irrational interest in the flaming faggot better known as Gambit, I've always really liked her in the comics (movies, not so much).

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Nobody likes her in the movies. Nobody likes any of the XMen in the movies, except for Wolverine. It's because the production studio that's got them (Fox, I believe?) is shit.

Now that the Marvel Studio has gotten them back, we'll see if they can salvage some sort of gem from this dumpster fire that they were left with. About the only good movie that they came out with was Logan.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nobody likes her in the movies. Nobody likes any of the XMen in the movies, except for Wolverine. It's because the production studio that's got them (Fox, I believe?) is shit.

Now that the Marvel Studio has gotten them back, we'll see if they can salvage some sort of gem from this dumpster fire that they were left with. About the only good movie that they came out with was Logan.

You right now?

aaaaaaa.gif

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Except for her irrational interest in the flaming faggot better known as Gambit, I've always really liked her in the comics (movies, not so much).
MRANDMRSX2018001_DC91_523ce05a-657c-415e-acdd-dbde731813d8.jpg

they finally cancelled this series, idk if it was cuz it sucked or cuz of hickmans stipulation of having all x lines done.