The "Shit I just bought" thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx I just got these Chinese medicine (not the Gillette disposables, though they probably come from China too). Is my dick going to fall off?

BBD19BE5-2BB9-4CC7-9341-18D2B2D47637.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jovec

?
My LTT backpack finally arrived. Initial impression is that it is a waste of money and to just get a Swiss Gear for 50% less. Apparently they sent my the LTT suitcase instead because this thing has no organization. It's a glorified canvas grocery bag with shoulder straps. I probably carry a bit more in terms of cables than most do (10'+ HDMI, Ethernet, and USB C) as well as a 300w laptop power brick, power bank with the relevant cable types, mouse, and wired earbuds, but there are no pockets/areas to place anything except the big open dump pouch. The build and material quality might be above a Swiss Gear backpack, but it is 2-2.5x the price and doesn't have the organization potential.

edit: My current Swiss Gear backpack.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My LTT backpack finally arrived. Initial impression is that it is a waste of money and to just get a Swiss Gear for 50% less. Apparently they sent my the LTT suitcase instead because this thing has no organization. It's a glorified canvas grocery bag with shoulder straps. I probably carry a bit more in terms of cables than most do (10'+ HDMI, Ethernet, and USB C) as well as a 300w laptop power brick, power bank with the relevant cable types, mouse, and wired earbuds, but there are no pockets/areas to place anything except the big open dump pouch. The build and material quality might be above a Swiss Gear backpack, but it is 2-2.5x the price and doesn't have the organization potential.
did you get upgraded carabiner?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Conversely I just got my Vertx Transit 2.0 and so far love it. It isn't nearly what you'd use for the purpose of comparing it to the LTT Pack, but so far it is great for my needs.

It fits my Eluktronics 15" along with note taking material, pens, power bank for a phone. Then in the front pocket I can put additional things like a microlight, trauma shears, probably not a whole first aid kit. The back pocket fits my CZ 75 comfortably with a spare magazine and also a Level III plate.

The quality feels great. Zippers are smooth. Everything has a tuck away spot if not in use. Wanted it because the Eberlestock Switchblade was too big for normal trips to the park or quick business outings.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
d0de60b926bd060fe953ce6bbcdefae6.png

i had it in my pocket and i was wondering why my leg felt "hot" then this actually happened like the complaint
474979d1d4112217721f5b8de242133b.jpg

the fucking endcap mushroomed!!! so i was like... hmm lemme unscrew it and POP... hisssss

like battery gass built up inside it? mind you this was only like 10mins after putting in aaa's

why i get that? i was gonna use the body and this other light
9603e2dbe4e510e28443d2d2a4a9585f.png

to have a super throw light

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user