The Wolverine

supertouch_sl

shitlord
that looks much better than wolverine origins (who remembers the who framed rogger rabbit claws?)

i really wish this was rated r. i don't think it would prevent most adolescents from seeing it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if that chick is supposed to be the girl he falls in love with (forget her name, want to say Yukio), but she's not what I pictured at all. And not hot enough, but that's subjective.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yawn. What the fuck is even going on? Superman/Kryptonite plotline? Fucking hell, writers. Jesus.

One of these days, in the 11th movie with Wolverine in it, MAYBE they'll let him just be a complete badass and rip shit apart, while shrugging off everything that comes his way. Like he's supposed to.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't help but think of Archer whenever I see an action scene on top of a train now.

ilikefoods

Peasant
I'm not sure if that chick is supposed to be the girl he falls in love with (forget her name, want to say Yukio), but she's not what I pictured at all. And not hot enough, but that's subjective.
Yuriko / lady deathstrike she was in Xmen 2 played by Kelly Hu.

The girl in this one is Mariko.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm skeptical that this will be any better than the first. And I used to love Wolverine as a teen (like we all did).

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Best Wolverine story hands-down is Meltdown with Havok (and I am still pissed how dumb they made Havok in X-Men: First Class, I will never like reboot just because of that... who makes a male character that has to do a hula hoop motion to unleash his power? Freakin' stupid.)

rrr_img_19010.jpg

rrr_img_19011.jpg

rrr_img_19010.jpg

rrr_img_19011.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The girl in this one is Mariko.
That's it, thanks!

For Lyrical, I actually despised Wolverine in the comics when I was younger. He was in fucking everything, always winning, always "The best there is at what he does," etc. Only comic I really liked him in was the original 4-issue limited series (with Mariko). It is really only since Jackman started playing him that I came to enjoy his character. Sure many of the movies have sucked ass, but Jackman has consistently made me glad they picked him for the role. He made me like Wolverine, which I thought was virtually impossible.

Also, never read Meltdown, and I am a big fan of Walt Simonson, but WTF is up with that fucking artwork?? Is Logan supposed to be a fucking jester in that picture? He's just missing the little jingle balls on the ends of his hair. Or if you combed his hair up, he looks EXACTLY like a troll doll you used to stick on the end of your pencil in school.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Yeah the design of him was really off the wall. I like the design just cause its different, don't love it... I just loved the story. It was just a 4 book series. More like 4 graphic novels.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What the fuck is this shit? A wolverine who doesn't heal? Is this an actual plot line in one of the comics? It sounds stupid as fuck and incredibly boring. I was never a fan of the brooding, emo Wolverine. I much prefer the badass kill-them-all Wolverine.

Rime

<Donor>
Not quite sure what route they will take in the film, but in the comics, the secondMuramasa Bladehas a property that slows (or in some comic, negates), mutant healing factors.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
If it's emo that you get sick and tired of fighting for 100+ years, war after war and all, then yeah he is emo, and by all means has every right to be...he survived all his loved ones, saw more death then whoever else. I like the direction they take him, make him mortal, but letting him find out that's not all that awesome either. And it shows why he is the best at what he does, because he doesnt have to fear death, with him being mortal,he kind of does have to give a shit and learn to value life.

I doubt the redhead asian girl is mariko yashida. Quite possibly yukio or amiko kobayashi

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was cautiously optimistic until the ninjas were driving motorcycles on rooftops.

Movie is going to suck mountains of dick.

Sterling

El Presidente
I was cautiously optimistic until the ninjas were driving motorcycles on rooftops.

Movie is going to suck mountains of dick.
About sums it up for me. Probably be better than Origins, but catching Herpes probably would be better than watching Origins again.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I wish they'd retcon and bring back Lady Deathstrike. X-men movies used her too fast, made her dumb, and then killed her. She has too many good interactions with Logan.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He was a good actor for the role, but then he'd have to move and the CGI turned him in to a retarded lemur with rubber bones...