The Wolverine

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Perfect Wolverine trilogy, because trilogies are a thing...

1) Barry Windsor Smith Weapon X

2) Claremont's X-Men vs Hellfire Club

3) Old Man Logan

I should get paid for this...

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
My favorite is Lady Deathstrike and the Reavers laying waste to all that is X-men. I guess it could get a little weird having X-men get killed and reincarnated in alternate bodies and shit...but Wolverine being crucified on a giant X still is burned in my teenage memory banks. I also like Wolverine when he hangs around with Longshot about 10x better than Gambit.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Still from the movie:

rrr_img_23279.jpg

Fuck yeah Silver Samurai

Caliane

Giant robot Silver Samurai. oddly that is a "hey lets throw out any semblance of being like the comic" movie idea I can get behind.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
This movie releasing tomorrow + lack of hype in this thread = Not looking good for this film

Rotten Tomatoes with a 65% approval rating for it so far

Meh, seems like the ratings reflect that this is a average film

Since there has been quite a few Wolverine films, him as a character seems a bit tired now.

I'm going to wait for a few reviews from people here before deciding whether or not to go watch this film I think.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i love hugh jackman as wolverine... i just... hate fox's direction that they've taken him. no one hates RDJ as ironman... but a lot of people were critical of im3. none of that had ANYTHING to do with RDJ. the problem with wolverine has never been hugh jackman. he's wonderful. it's all on fox's shoulders for going completely off the rails with each successive movie

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Family friendly popcorn movie for kids starring a guy with knives for hands who flies into a feral rage when provoked and has zero reservations about killing. These things don't go together all that well. It worked better in X-Men because of the ensemble cast but when Wolverine goes solo its kind of hard not to wind up with a movie full of comically bloodless action sequences.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't think lack of blood/gore is a problem with these movies. Look at the scene in X2 when Wolverine is fucking up the soldiers attacking the mansion. He kills a bunch of people and it's an awesome scene but it doesn't have any blood.

The problem is shitty writing, shitty pacing, and shitty plot/character decisions (i.e the abomination they called Deadpool in the last Wolverine movie).

j00t

i hear you and a part of me agrees, though the scene in x2 where he goes berserk and kills the soldier dude in the kitchen was pretty enjoyable... and i don't really remember much of any blood. certain characters basically require a hard R rating. punisher, deadpool, rambo...i don't know if i think wolverine is one of them. i mean, i definately agree that the violent, feral part of wolverine is a huge part of who he is... but to say that he has zero reservations about killing is slightly disingenuous. you just described sabretooth. wolverine kills people when he has to and he's not all that broken up about it but he has enough reservation to look for a different way if he can.

in fact there are SEVERAL story arcs with him doing everything he can to keep his feral rages at bay. he's clearly depicted as fighting his fury on several occasions so that he DOESN'T kill anyone. THAT is not a story that requires an R rating. sure, if you're going to do an R movie anyways, you can dress up a lot of action with blood but, to me, wolverine is not a character that you NEED to have an R rating to do correctly.

edit: p.s. it's been said before, i'm pretty sure even in this thread... the problem with wolverine origins WASN'T the lack of blood and gore. it was the lack of anything resembling a cohesive story that respected it's source material

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
And the fact the cgi of xmen origins wolverine was done by a 5 year old with a box of crayons. The claws never seemed attached to his hands. Sabretooth was awesome in the movie except when they made him do the go on all fours and pounce. They completely destroyed deadpool, while reynolds did a good wade wilson. Someone needs to stop asking rappers to play in a movie. And wtf is with the guy playing gambit....that kid can't act his way out of a wet paper bag, and still gets enough screentime to waste.

Then there was the story....and the writers/director taking a big steaming dump on the character, story, plot, xmen 2 where part of the how wolverine got his claws was explained.

I am a huge fan of wolverine, i have 20+ years of comics of wolverine, heck my son is named Logan(wife's idea and who was i to stop her) that movie killed a part of me, as much as i wanted to like xmen origins: wolverine, i just couldn't....

I hope they redeem themselves with this movie, they took a great arc in his story, and Jackman apparently really cares about wolverine enough to not let xmen origins happen again i hope.

Goatface

well, certainly skipable at the theater for me now.

lots of spoilers in the story
James Mangold: 'The Wolverine will have a bloodier, unrated cut'

"I'm very happy with the cut, and the studio was very generous in terms of letting me finish the movie as I wanted, but I do think we will have a slightly more violent version... let's say an unrated, a bloodier version. There's about ten or 12 minutes of scenes that I'd love people to see, that we'll produce some kind of longer version of the movie at some point on Blu-ray or whatever..........."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well, certainly skipable at the theater for me now.

lots of spoilers in the story
James Mangold: 'The Wolverine will have a bloodier, unrated cut'

"I'm very happy with the cut, and the studio was very generous in terms of letting me finish the movie as I wanted, but I do think we will have a slightly more violent version... let's say an unrated, a bloodier version. There's about ten or 12 minutes of scenes that I'd love people to see, that we'll produce some kind of longer version of the movie at some point on Blu-ray or whatever..........."
uh did this guy just torpedo his own movie? now that i know there are 12 minutes removed that make it a cooler movie, why would i bother with the theatrical release?

uh did this guy just torpedo his own movie? now that i know there are 12 minutes removed that make it a cooler movie, why would i bother with the theatrical release?
A lot movies do this shit now chuck sadly. they worry ahead of movie heading to the theater of having theater version the Imax 3d version for overseas then the director cut=or UR version or both of the film for Dvd/Blu ray etc.

Caliane

Because the 30million kids will see that pg rated movie, and won't see R rated or unrated.
Hell, they can sell it to you twice this way. Its pretty common nowadays. Unrated dvd releases after theatrical release.
Depending on how you look at it. win/win. Studios and mass market retards get their PG shit in theaters. And fans, get the full movie at home on their blu-ray.

Because the alternative is Dredd. Try to put the full movie in theaters, and it bombs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
early reviews and sneak peaks seem pretty good, looks like they said
xmen(enter sequel number) and
wolverine
redface.png
rigins

gtfo

you can probably tell the basic plot from the trailers
the man is old and wants wolverine's healing factor

ohkcrlho

maybe he thinks that more gore,violence,blood will make the movie better lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asian hotness in dripping wet skimpy lingerie wielding samurai swords couldn't hurt either.