The Wolverine

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
a dude who fights with knives on his hands and nobody gets cut? hurts my brain just thinking about it. so yeah blood or GTFO

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that first giant turdbath of a movie would have been an A+ perfect film if only the guys bled more!

Shit movies + blood = Shitty movie with blood. We had the discussion already.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didnt say blood would have "turned it around" but the lack of it it was a contributing factor on why Origins was a piece of shite.

velk

Trakanon Raider
True Blood has a lot of blood in it...
And is the most successful thing that HBO have ever done. That must mean it's awesome right ?
cool.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im not a marvel guy, but I like most of their adaptions, I paid money to see Origins and I thought I would see this wolverine guy whoop ass. All I remember from that movie is him with animated knofehands he fights some fat dude, a dude with no mouth and a porting dude. All blodless fights. Oh and everyone kept coming back. Boring as fuck.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He didn't say best thing, just most successful. He's still wrong I believe, Sopranos was their highest rated show ever and last season GoT passed up Trueblood, but it's like their 3rd highest rated ever and one of the top 3 selling DVD/Blu Rays as well. It's a HUGE success in terms of eyeballs and money. Bigger than Deadwood/BoB/Boardwalk I'm pretty sure.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The earnings of HBO shows aside, I have bad news.

This movie was bad. All the good action was in the trailer, the rest of it was angsty moping or blurry shakycam to indicate that getting shot actually hurt that time.

It also had the stupidest evil plan since the mask of zorro.

The 3D was passable, and the CGI was better than wolverine origins at least.

Random observations:
- Someone needs to get the main chick a sandwich.. stat ! I seriously thought there was something wrong with the aspect ratio when she first showed up, and her collarbones stick out so much that it was downright distracting.
- At least the wives and gfs will be probably be happy with the amount of talking about feelings and rippling hugh jackman abs.
- Moping about Jean Grey probably would have got more sympathy from me if xmen3 wasn't so terrible, as it was, it's like resurrecting that movie's corpse as a zombie

Archangel_sl

shitlord
>>>>> I have skipped to the end of the thread and not read anything, and scrolled to the bottom just to post that I am seeing it as a Parton a superhero double-feature for my birthday next Monday: Superman and Wolverine! I'm hoping their both good, but let's be honest...Hugh will surely be shirtless at some point, and that will be present enough
biggrin.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just saw it, was a little bored throughtout, it didn't really grab me. His Japanese sidekick weird looking, still better than Iron Man 3 though

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Flaming katana? FUCK IT FLAMING KATANA. I did not follow the plot, could not piece together why Wolverine was fighting whom and for what reason. I was just 'miring Jackman yoked on anavar and tren ace.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just saw this with the wife. Personally, this was a FAR better movie than the first one (Origins). I'm starting to think that Jackman is to Wolverine what RDJ is to Iron Man. Plot was good and actually stayed just close enough to comic canon to keep me from having too much brain itch. Liked the treatment of both asian female leads. I can see the Yukio character trying to be shoehorned into what Jubilee was for a while for him in the comics. Only thing I didn't like was the Viper character, something about that actress just didn't work it for me.

Now, seeing the post credit scene and having read about how they are going to do Days of Future Past, it's straight up. They're "rebooting" x-men Star Trek style. GO google it... We're going to have "Wolverine Prime"

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just saw this with the wife. Personally, this was a FAR better movie than the first one (Origins). I'm starting to think that Jackman is to Wolverine what RDJ is to Iron Man. Plot was good and actually stayed just close enough to comic canon to keep me from having too much brain itch. Liked the treatment of both asian female leads. I can see the Yukio character trying to be shoehorned into what Jubilee was for a while for him in the comics. Only thing I didn't like was the Viper character, something about that actress just didn't work it for me.

Now, seeing the post credit scene and having read about how they are going to do Days of Future Past, it's straight up. They're "rebooting" x-men Star Trek style. GO google it... We're going to have "Wolverine Prime"
Yukio is Yukio, she was a character from the original wolverine series. Very disappointed that the way they handled the suppressing of Wolvies powers by some stupid ass nano-bot instead of using Murmasa. Oh well, movie was good though. I've long since learned that these movies will only share names with comics.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed the movie with one exception.

The fucking viper chick. She was really annoying. We get it, you're a snake. But why is it that she magically had healing powers as well (when she was shot with the arrow and didn't get hurt at all).

That just seemed silly.