Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hope this story gets out more in Hollywood, its been real shit the last decade of "reboot" movies bringing in new casts while handing off from the old cast. Nobody gives a shit about the new people *cough* Rey and Finn.

C'mon, everyone loves seeing how a beloved legacy character became a bitter, hateful wreck off screen. Then they can learn a lesson like "you were never any good to begin with" from the new cast before they die.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, I completely forgot he was supposed to be in the movie. That's got to be a super bummer to be cut out from the biggest blockbuster since 2019. This interview he just seemed depressed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Extras had loads of poc/women (just make it an accurate reflection of the population/people in those roles?), emphasized in some scenes on purpose. Only gripe. This one's good.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I thought there wad going g to be more drama, from the 12 to the final 6, but the other guys were barely mentioned.
I never heard the part of it being resent to remove them. But it makes sense, top gun is about Tom cruise, not some unknown guy.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally saw it yesterday, liked it. It's nothing amazing, summer popcorn flick. Looks real good, top notch scenery,close ups and action.

I wanted to post right after the comment above. While i was watching the movie i kept asking myself why the young actors weren't featured more. I honestly wondered why assemble a cast like that and not use them. Then i read about the reshoots. Look i'm glad they made a decent movie but i don't see this as a good thing. So they made a super generic movie and shoved notstalgia down our throats in the form of Tom Cruise,Jeniffer Connely and 'merica, fuck yeah!

Like i said, i'm glad it was enjoyable this time but the last thing we need is more movies that are just like a Chevy commercial. Catering to our generation by playing 80's songs or using old actors. I Don't need to be reminded we are the new boomers.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finally got to see this on Saturday, as I was waiting for my dad to be able to get to the IMAX with me (mom ended up going too). The original was his favorite movie of all time, and for years he had the theme song as his ringtone (although I always found it a little ironic since he was a pilot in the Air Force, not the Navy). We all fucking loved it, and despite my parents not having been to a movie in probably ten years they were happy I demanded we see it in IMAX. Sure, you could predict several things that happened at the end, but who cares? It was amazing and I'd watch it pretty much any time it happens to be on in the future.

One thing that annoyed and mystified me: this little old Asian guy was with maybe his daughter (or maybe he bought a bride 40 years younger) a seat over from me. He literally texted throughout the ENTIRE movie. After about ten minutes at the beginning I asked him to stop and he did...but then he just put something up to block the screen and tilted it towards his female companion so I couldn't see it. That's all that I really cared about, but I couldn't understand how you can sit in the fucking IMAX with dogfighting scenes going on and keep fucking texting. Why even go to the movie? The girl was at least 25 so it isn't like he had to chaperone her. And that phone must have been right in her face the entire movie. Dad or husband or whatever, I would have straight up murdered him if I were in her place.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw this with my brother and my wife, we loved it.
it was absolutely not perfect, it lacked a death or two to make it dramatic like the first one, and the love story was completly unnecessary, but like someone said here, a splendid non-superhero action movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One thing that annoyed and mystified me: this little old Asian guy was with maybe his daughter (or maybe he bought a bride 40 years younger) a seat over from me. He literally texted throughout the ENTIRE movie. After about ten minutes at the beginning I asked him to stop and he did...but then he just put something up to block the screen and tilted it towards his female companion so I couldn't see it. That's all that I really cared about, but I couldn't understand how you can sit in the fucking IMAX with dogfighting scenes going on and keep fucking texting. Why even go to the movie? The girl was at least 25 so it isn't like he had to chaperone her. And that phone must have been right in her face the entire movie. Dad or husband or whatever, I would have straight up murdered him if I were in her place.
he was using a txt to translate app to chinese

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Now THAT’s how you make a movie. Take note, woke faggots.

As I was watching this and thinking “wow, how refreshing to watch a good movie like movies used to be good!” I was struck by how in the movie Maverick has to be the one to do everything because the new faggots can’t manage it. People used to know how to get shit done. Found it apt.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eh, I’d like to know the real Topgun graduate racial statistics. The whole crew was diversity university.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Like i said, i'm glad it was enjoyable this time but the last thing we need is more movies that are just like a Chevy commercial. Catering to our generation by playing 80's songs or using old actors. I Don't need to be reminded we are the new boomers.
I don't disagree with this sentiment but is there anyone in that crew that you really wish had more screentime? I don't have a problem with any of the cast but their characters were either generally unlikable or generic. There'd be more room for them without Maverick sucking up all the air but it'd still feel pretty flat without a total revamp of their entire characters.

Top Gun: Whiplash with Miles Teller and JK Simmons would be fun.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was struck by how in the movie Maverick has to be the one to do everything because the new faggots can’t manage it.

In the first movie it says Top Gun was created because the kill ratio from Korea to Vietnam fell from 12:1 to 3:1. Pilots had become dependent on technology over dogfighting skills.

Likewise, in the 35 years since the original, presumably unmanned drones and technology have become even more prominent. The movie even explains this lack of enemy jet interaction by mentioning only Hangman has an enemy kill. Therefore it makes total sense for Maverick to outfly them - just as Viper did in the original.

lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I’d like to know the real Topgun graduate racial statistics. The whole crew was diversity university.
It's almost entirely white men. There's an occasional white female.

I'm trying to recall a single black or asian pilot that ever rolled through and I'm coming up blank.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
In the first movie it says Top Gun was created because the kill ratio from Korea to Vietnam fell from 12:1 to 3:1. Pilots had become dependent on technology over dogfighting skills.

Likewise, in the 35 years since the original, presumably unmanned drones and technology have become even more prominent. The movie even explains this lack of enemy jet interaction by mentioning only Hangman has an enemy kill. Therefore it makes total sense for Maverick to outfly them - just as Viper did in the original.

lol

Yes, and it makes sense why every other aspect of our lives no longer fucking works, too (like movies sucking ass). What's your point? Mine didn't revolve around the why/how.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
he was using a txt to translate app to chinese
No, no he wasn't. I could see him texting back and forth, multiple people that he was switching between. I know what a text app and conversation looks like. He spoke to the girl several times before the movie in English. Furthermore, when the movie ended he immediately called someone and spoke in English. He was just a cunt, regardless of race.