Ultima Online - UO An Corp ||| All the IPY T2A pvp goodness with none of the AZ

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol. Welp. Im spamming the death cam tonight boys.

If you wanna meet up Ryanz or something, we can find something to do,

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea, once this lag settles I might try and venture out of town, and we can group up. I figured tonight and tomorrow might be crazy for lag, and PK's coming out. I saw the Orc guild from IPY on this server, and they are all still blue for now, but I'm sure that will change tonight.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im in the UOAC irc ryanz if you wannt jump in. They did a restart and fixed the lag

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Can you make a fletcher and just endlessly make bows and same for a tailor making fancy shirts like you used to be able to ? Or will vendors only buy X amount of items an hour ?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
They nerfed the vendor buying of crafted goods. They want you to adventure for your gold and not sit in town and craft for NPCs.

Also, you are only allowed to sell 5k worth of gold to NPCsPER IPper day. So all 3 of your accounts can only sell 5k worth of gold per day.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just placed a nice little house on Justice island. I got me a boat now too. Spent all my gold today though, so I hope this event tomorrow is cool. If you guys want to party up and see what kind of damage we can do we can use my boat / house to base out of.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Friday and anyone else want to meet up at Jhelom Town Crier at 5-10 minutes before the event starts today ? Suspect it will be like the regular town crier events where a portal opens up next to them.

My character is mandrak. Could do with some comms - any suggestions ?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im in new jhelom now, you can PM me in UOAC irc if you need to track me down

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
ts.osn-team.com

The Faceless Order channel: pw is legacy

A public EQ/P99/Custom server TS i use occasionally. Im Friday in there atm.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
This event....

Took my boat out to event. Get murdered. Murderer takes my boat key and attempts to steal my boat.

Random player boat pulls up with cannons. Starts firing on my ship (Im dead at this point and just a spectator). 5 players from that boat board my vessel and kill the murderer.

Meanwhile their boat is still firing on mine. They sink my boat, with all of their guildies on it.

Everyone dies. I lose my boat. Everyone loses.

lol. Anarchy. This fuckin event....

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Is there any town rerolled folks are going to join for some militia/town warfare action once more people start to pvp?

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
First character nearly 7x GM. Finished Magery last night now just need to finish up meditation and resist. Then to do it all over again
smile.png

lost

<Bronze Donator>
This event....

Took my boat out to event. Get murdered. Murderer takes my boat key and attempts to steal my boat.

Random player boat pulls up with cannons. Starts firing on my ship (Im dead at this point and just a spectator). 5 players from that boat board my vessel and kill the murderer.

Meanwhile their boat is still firing on mine. They sink my boat, with all of their guildies on it.

Everyone dies. I lose my boat. Everyone loses.

lol. Anarchy. This fuckin event....
dude that sounds sick, makes me want to start up. i dont remember cannons on boats though lol wtf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
welp I'm gonna set it up right now, any tips or help?

I see some say go mining at first, others say provo dexxer.. others say provo mage.. ultimately i want a pvp mage and an animal tamer :p but going mining first is tempting.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Are tamed animals bonded on this server? Losing a fully trained dragon to PVP always made me think twice about going with taming back in the day.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i saw a post saying animals bond after 7 days. im running around mining, tryin to afford a pack llama lmao

Expensive fruit cakes made with cooking are needed to revive powerful monsters like dragons. You do get 'free' taming skill in dungeons though under a certain set of conditions, so it's not too much of a chore.

From thewiki, which is nice but needs a lot of work.
You can also gain skill in animal taming by fighting in dungeons with your pet(s). The chance to passively gain skill decreases as your skill level increases, but with the right pet and fighting though monsters you can get to 100.0 skill using this technique.

There are a few conditions that must be met to gain skill in animal taming this way;

• You have to be in a dungeon
  • Your pet must attack the monster you are fighting
  • Your skill in animal taming must be less than 25 + (your pets "minimum taming skill required")
  • The monster you are fighting must be "challenging" compared to your animal taming level

The last point is a bit vague, basically don't expect to GM animal taming by grinding skeletons or earth elementals. To gain animal taming passively after 90.0 skill you will be required to fight daemons, dragons, lich lords and similar high level monsters.

Also, provo-anything is going to be really useful starting out, but gear decay is kinda nutty, so mage is probably better. You can do the mining thing to get a small nest egg going, but with the gains in dungeons you can get your skills up so fast that you'll be hunting shit that drops good amounts of gold very quickly. Ingots will obviously become more valuable as time goes on though (at least for a while). If your goal is just to afk macro all your skills, then you can make enough to sustain yourself pretty quickly with mining.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, do I usually just sell the ingots on the forums? I got like 100 ingots but need to sell em for a pack llama. I wouldnt mind some dungeon runs, I jsut want to get some macroed skills first before I go around there. I was thinking mage animal tamer for pvp but who knows. Thanks for the info, thats kind of cool you get get animal skill for fighting.