Vikings

Cybsled

They are at least trying to merge some of the storylines, though. Or at the very least, you can see they are headed that way.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yes finale was on.

I struggled to pay attention for the entirety of each episode during this season.

Cybsled

Part of the problem is they had all sorts of B-plots going on. I was really only engaged with the core Viking ones and Rollo+The Franks.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
mBDlsOhNOV1MkNii81aT14EYQ4S.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Vikings[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-03-03[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the sagas of Ragnar's band of Viking brothers and his family, as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods. Legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Halfway through the third episode and it's boring me to sleep. Does this show get better?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If it's boring you still after episode 3, then just stop watching. Just realize the problem is with you, not the show. I'm pretty sure by episode 3 we had combat and raping and crazy vikings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Its like Spartacus in a sense, it takes a few episodes before it all sinks in. Awesome show.

Droelm

Molten Core Raider
Definitely stick with it if you like mayhem, pillaging, and tribal politics. The real fun begins when Ragnar returns to Kategat.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
If it's boring you still after episode 3, then just stop watching. Just realize the problem is with you, not the show. I'm pretty sure by episode 3 we had combat and raping and crazy vikings.
That's all there has been for three episodes, plus one possibly hot Viking girl that wears way too much clothing. The plot is what's boring. Usually by the third episode, a show will have some kind of interesting story happening. I'll give it another chance to see if the plot picks up. One or two more episodes is all the patience I can muster.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just recently finished seasons 1-3. Was a solid watch. Certainly not the best show I have ever seen. Season 1 was alright, 2 was fairly good, and I felt season 3 was a very noticable step up in enjoyment. I grew to enjoy the characters more, and appreciated the France storyline a lot more.

Still hoping Floki gets fucking raped & murdered in season 4.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Show drove me fucking nuts for the first couple seasons. In the first few episodes where the Jarl guy killed the blacksmith it was maddening. The blacksmith dude was probably the most important guy in the village besides Floki and the Jarl was pretty much just ok with either ruining his weapon production or forcing it to take a huge hit. Every goddam plot point revolved around them not having enough men to do things and then they kill the shit out of each other and the next episode they just have the right amount of men to do whatever they were wanting to do.

Last season where they just stuck to viking shenanigans and Le Rolo drew me back in. No more logistics plot lines, just throw a ton of vikings at something, it works or it doesn't and then they do it again the next week with however many men that they need.

Lead dude is, quite possibly, one of the worst actors I've seen in a multi-season show. I tried watching him in other things to see if it was just his really bad accent that was throwing me off but he's pretty shit in those as well and speaks with the same "Shatner kicked in the head by a horse" cadence. Everyone else in the show is perfectly cast and does an amazing job.

I'd say push on through the first season if you've only gotten three episodes in so far. There's a lot of good viking fights and it pays off once they start getting ballsier and heading further out from Black Metal land.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I like the Ragnar actor. I saw him in warcraft and he was basically the same character. So maybe he's not a very good actor, but still, I like that character.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Travis Fimmel gets a lot better as time goes on, so I'd stay stick with it if he was your main gripe with the early seasons.* The story branches out really well from him, and a lot of the old characters end up stepping their game up a lot later on (Floki stays awesome, Rollo stays kinda awesome, Lagertha, etc.)

*Saying this more in general to anyone that decides to the pick up the show. Know a few people that said they were curious but were also given pause because the lead dude was 'the Warcraft guy.'

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Could've done without the Chinese princess opium addiction plot in season 4, but they get points for attempting to pull off such a massive time jump into the next half.

I am guilty of playing the theme song with the 10 hour replay version on YouTube. Didn't make it to the end.

Also guilty of growing out a Ragnar beard. I hate seeing his decline. I agree with Neb, the Iddu plot line was annoying.