Warcraft III: Reforged

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's see how incompetent they are. Someone try to do a refund even if you never bought it.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Let's see how incompetent they are. Someone try to do a refund even if you never bought it.

Ask for a refund, set your system clock back two hours, try again?

If the RMAH folks made that thing its guaranteed to work.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There has been no word from Blizzard yet regarding this whole fiasco?

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
There has been no word from Blizzard yet regarding this whole fiasco.

weak as fuck

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
What a shit show.

All this brings back nightmares of sc2 when it was released. Their battlenet was an abortion compared to all the features included in the original starcraft. Its just mind boggling they dont respect the product millions of people have been playing / made careers
of. Sc and war3 are the OGs of
esport. Nothing short of perfect online features is acceptable for these titles. Bnet was gutted in sc2 and the quality just keeps falling apart with reforged. Fuck you bliz. I dont wanna sound entitled but we do deserve more than this joke. Its 2020, how the fuck did late 90s delivered high quality with more
features and less bullshit. Fuck you for makin us pay to test your game and fuck off with your "we'll patch it later if it doesnt work" attitude. This is a game as a service approach and that shit
should stay dead with anthem.

Am fuckin sandy but seriously , enough
is enough. Fuckin sheeps need to stop buying / accepting unfinished products. Blizz needs to
stop touching / reinventing stuff that isnt broken.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Activision execs is what happened. They decided to cut costs and push it out early for the short term profits, disregarding the long term damage to the brand. Blizzard didn't even make this, they outsourced it to some shitter studio in Malaysia and the quality turned out about as you could expect.

Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art).

This is some bullshit too. They are STILL to this moment falsely advertising the enhanced Culling of Stratholme cutscene from Blizzcon 2018, on their website.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Activision execs is what happened. They decided to cut costs and push it out early for the short term profits, disregarding the long term damage to the brand. Blizzard didn't even make this, they outsourced it to some shitter studio in Malaysia and the quality turned out about as you could expect.

This is some bullshit too. They are STILL to this moment falsely advertising the enhanced Culling of Stratholme cutscene from Blizzcon 2018, on their website.

They probably deserve a class action lawsuit at this point if that is the case.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That shitter Studio is Lemon Sky and they aren’t shit, they’ve been behind a lot of Blizzards graphical stuff and have done a good job.

assets and hard code are all blizzard.Lemon Sky’s involvement in this isn’t as high as many are assuming or painting it to be.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

weak as fuck

GGS Blizzard. They took almost a week to address this shit show, and they didn't really say much. How the mighty have fallen.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
That shitter Studio is Lemon Sky and they aren’t shit, they’ve been behind a lot of Blizzards graphical stuff and have done a good job.

assets and hard code are all blizzard.Lemon Sky’s involvement in this isn’t as high as many are assuming or painting it to be.

I don't know anything about them so I apologize if I'm shitting on a good studio. If they just did the updated HD models then yeah they did a good job. Unit portraits are still badly lit and look like they're in a beta state though.

Whether or not they did a shitty job, the fault doesn't really lie with them anyways. It's on Activision trying to claim the 2020 shittiest game company award.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't know anything about them so I apologize if I'm shitting on a good studio. If they just did the updated HD models then yeah they did a good job. Unit portraits are still badly lit and look like they're in a beta state though.

Whether or not they did a shitty job, the fault doesn't really lie with them anyways. It's on Activision trying to claim the 2020 shittiest game company award.

I’m not sure their exact involvement on this project but they did a lot of the new models in StarCraft Remastered, I assume their involvement was similar here. Someone I talked to though told me that for Reforged, anything involving coding in the game itself though was fully in house.

and yeah, this is all on Blizz/Activision. I honestly dont remember a time I was legit sad/disappointed by a studio like this. Like, it’s like they spit on my childhood all for the sake of saving a few bucks and making a quick buck.

xzi

Mouthbreather
When you thought it was bad, became very bad, then thought it worsened, hit the bottom, and discovered there's no actual bottom:

Important to point out that THE MENU IS USING 150% CPU USAGE while the game itself is 25%

what the fuck

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Remember how Jack Dorsey did two JRE's and they never talked about one big elephant in the room, Shadow Banning? Maybe Blizzard will one up Blizzard and mention the EULA the next time they speak.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Remember how Jack Dorsey did two JRE's and they never talked about one big elephant in the room, Shadow Banning? Maybe Blizzard will one up Blizzard and mention the EULA the next time they speak.

Oh that shits dead, custom mods will never be as quality as they once were.

Here's something from WoW - an addon that was creating custom quests via addons (no rewards, no xp, nothing - just more content ingame). The worst they were doing were adding custom sounds at certain triggers which were already ingame. ....and that's just an addon where literally the EULA allowed them to do this. Blizzard lawyers don't care, the devs seem to always have been supportive though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
And there are people on this very forum who are legit excited for Diablo 4. Get your heads examined

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users