Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pszmwgexwnd41.png

• 16Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 20 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If I had a multi-billion dollar genre invented in the map editor to my own game that I failed to make a single dollar of of (actually Heroes of the Storm probably lost them money?) I'd be salty AF too I guess.

Its delusion to think that Blizzard could have made Dota themselves. Additionally they might not have gotten all the money, but had they worked with Icefrog they would be getting plenty of the money. They would not give up the control required to make a hardcore game like dota. It has design decisions that aren't friendly to the pleebs. Blizzard inclusion has only neutered the skill ceiling of its games. There was an opportunity for Blizzard to drive the Dota train, they missed the bus. Decades later, this "we own the mod" text is about the only talent they apparently have left in creating something truly new.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They created the custom map making tools to encourage people to create things that would drive more people to the game. Dota did exactly that. It kept wc alive long after the base multiplayer community died off. The relationship worked as intended. Anything else is just envy and greed.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have WC3 on my old laptop, and I play a match or two almost every two weeks. I also still enjoy messing around with the map maker. Seems I'll just keep plugging along and doing that instead of giving my money to these Chinazi hacks.

Anyone else notice that you hit a certain age and you just like reading the same books, watching the same movies, and playing the same games over and over again? Most of the time I hate new stuff.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never really got to play the first one as I went into the service. So I bought this. Hope to enjoy it as I liked WC1 and 2.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still have WC3 on my old laptop, and I play a match or two almost every two weeks. I also still enjoy messing around with the map maker. Seems I'll just keep plugging along and doing that instead of giving my money to these Chinazi hacks.

Anyone else notice that you hit a certain age and you just like reading the same books, watching the same movies, and playing the same games over and over again? Most of the time I hate new stuff.

Yeah I am in the same boat although a few games or movies come out which I definitely like. Fewer and further between though these days. I do not know if it is age, that the creativity of hollywood sucks ass, the gaming industry is full of hacks save a few dev houses, age, or a mixture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I never really got to play the first one as I went into the service. So I bought this. Hope to enjoy it as I liked WC1 and 2.

As long as the SP is fine like xzi xzi says, you'll love it. WC3 and the expac set the stage and reached the top with this title. Wrath of the lich king for me was the top of the series for WoW as well. Everything else just went downhill after that expac.

God I remember when Blizzard was good. Those were the days man :(

• 3Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, wtf is really wrong with this that everyone is just blowing up over? That if you use their editor, they own it? Because when in the history of fucking game mods, do people make these mods and expect to get paid for it? How many mods in the entirety of Nexus mods site are pay mods versus free? Get the fuck over yourselves, and quit hating to hate. Oh no, it's 30gb!! RAGE RAGE RABBLE RABBLE. Seriously, wtf?

There is some valid points being made, I just don't understand the level of rage that seems to be happening over this.

And anyone recommend a RTS that isn't SC2? An RTS that is fantasy based? So not C&C with modern tech, not SC2 with space laser beams. Fantasy swords and magic.

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the greater point is that Bliz is in strict opposition to dicking around with the map editor as opposed to the past 22 years of their existence. Now you have the Blizzard Police on your ass if you use an anime character or some other shit in your custom settings map on top of Blizz from day one looking to steal your shit at the first opportunity because they failed to do so in the past.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yea, wtf is really wrong with this that everyone is just blowing up over? That if you use their editor, they own it? Because when in the history of fucking game mods, do people make these mods and expect to get paid for it? How many mods in the entirety of Nexus mods site are pay mods versus free? Get the fuck over yourselves, and quit hating to hate. Oh no, it's 30gb!! RAGE RAGE RABBLE RABBLE. Seriously, wtf?

There is some valid points being made, I just don't understand the level of rage that seems to be happening over this.

And anyone recommend a RTS that isn't SC2? An RTS that is fantasy based? So not C&C with modern tech, not SC2 with space laser beams. Fantasy swords and magic.

It's not about getting paid for anything, it's that blizzard owns everything you make completely. However also you can't accept any sort of money for your maps at all if you desired to, the EULA specifically states this. Which isn't out of the ordinary for modding nowadays - however - when they also say things like you must comply with their requests for your files/documentations it gets fucking weird, no? And making the case very clear that if they decide to use the content you made they don't have to compensate or even credit you is very bizarre.

On top of that "nothing can be copyrighted" there goes hundreds of fan mods - final fantasy mods in wc3 were great, DBZ tower defense, dawn of the dead custom maps, the list goes on. Giant custom games from the WC3 era are now all forbidden with the threat of a ban on your entire account. Actually by that logic even DOTA is now not allowed to be recreated. (Of course you can't trademark game mechanics). Of course the reason there can't be anything copyrighted is because now blizzard is responsible for all the custom games, since they own them.

It's just scummy is all. Especially since you can compare it to the last 2 decades of custom games in the same game.....

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

We're talking pretty explicitly about DOTA which is now.a billion dollar industry

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean I guess I get Dawn of the Dead and Dragonball Z copyright lawyers getting handsy or something. But custom map settings were basically fair use 99% of the time. People made them because they wanted to and they lived or died based on how fun they were. Madnesses, weird RPGs, all kinds of Dragonball Z RPGs and shit I remember from... god 17 years ago now.

I don't think it is a lie to think that the top tier WC3 maps constitute a "game library" that surpasses some consoles.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
As Reagan said: "Personnel is policy." If you want to hire mentally ill tranny diversity hires, don't be surprised when your product quality drops.

Its a shame, I was really looking forward to this.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fuck, when you put it like that it sounds lame, but yes I’ve found myself doing that especially with books. I think we have so much entertainment now adays that as we get older we forget a ton of the details of things we’ve experienced in the past so going back and revisiting them is enjoyable. Because the pool is so large by the time you finish a loop you are back to where you started.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Tons of legitimate complaints even on single player campaign though. Lots of people getting errors all over the place, removing things like clans, some getting a defeated message as soon as the the campaign stage loads, etc. And apparently MP matchmaking is pretty broken. I think the mod message is just an overreaction and wouldn’t be this bad if everything else was working fine

Honestly all of this stuff would be more excusable for a new game working through some hiccups. But all this game adds is some new textures and UI updates, it’s pretty unacceptable to be having the level of issues they do.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, when you put it like that it sounds lame, but yes I’ve found myself doing that especially with books. I think we have so much entertainment now adays that as we get older we forget a ton of the details of things we’ve experienced in the past so going back and revisiting them is enjoyable. Because the pool is so large by the time you finish a loop you are back to where you started.

Doesn't help that most entertainment now a days sucks. Back when we were younger we had original stories, fantastic games, and also went outside to make forts.

Now, we see The Thing being remade twice, countless reboots of original classics that absolutely suck. About the only thing I have found that wows me these days is Black Mirror, and 1 maybe 2 games a year that are worth a shit. Creativity is lost on the new generation. Pure and simple.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Doesn't help that most entertainment now a days sucks. Back when we were younger we had original stories, fantastic games, and also went outside to make forts.

Now, we see The Thing being remade twice, countless reboots of original classics that absolutely suck. About the only thing I have found that wows me these days is Black Mirror, and 1 maybe 2 games a year that are worth a shit. Creativity is lost on the new generation. Pure and simple.
Still plenty of good books getting released, but games and TV are definitely suffering. I’m guessing the costs to create are so much higher that everyone is risk averse. Why try something new in the off chance it takes off when you can just release avengers 27 and guarantee nearly as much as a new hit.

• 2Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno about tv. I think thats where creativity truly shine these days. The quality of stuff i get from series on netflix alone far outweights whatever i can catch in theater.

I mean just look at the mandolorian ffs. This alone eclipse everything starwars related since the original trilogy. Thats just one exemple out of hundreds.

• 2Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
By the way, a tv/ movie derail in this thread will deliver more entertainement than this remaster will ever give.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users