Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Dude.. I just realized we have a gas stove and used it to -make fire-. I'm so fucking tired after said drive I have even less brain than usual and that's saying something.
Fucking hilarious to find this Use Your Fucking Brain ya Moran post of yours after I'd done so. I lit a birthday candle, figured I could absorb some paraffin.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
OMW to get my iced coffee and I saw a fat family. All five of them were waddling down the street. In line waiting to get my coffee, and into Dunks they waddle. The 3 kids looked like they were visiting Santa's workshop. And normally that would be cute, if it wasn't a fuckin donut shop and if these kids were no older than 8 y.o, weren't 200 fuckin pounds. Parents must have been well over 400.

Wanted to smack the fuck out of the parents...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I just had a meeting at a company with someone who is pretty inexperienced in her job. Their organization was requesting a large project be constructed. I don't have to take their work. I don't need it (or really want to be involved with them). But it is a moderate sized project (which their organization has already made a mess of). In fact, this person's primary responsibilities are clerical and coordinating meetings. She contacted me for a consult. I could have shown up to the meeting in my underwear and (if I was in their position), I would have been complimentary and grateful. After the meeting she commented to the other members of her organization that she "didn't think my company was qualified because she pays attention to body language." Granted, she knows nothing about anything... And OF COURSE that comment got right back to me....

consider me rustled.

• 3Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yesterday was one big rustle. I got an email from National Grid that due to emergency repairs, there would be intermittent power outages from 1 1am-1 pm. I shut my shit down and when I go to bed shortly after 11 am I still have power. I wake up around 4 sweating like mad because the power is out. I check and it seems it has been out since 1:30 and is "under investigation" with no ETA for restoration.

I end up going to the theater to see Spiderman, since it's probably going to be gone soon. I get to the theater and there are fire alarms going off and everyone is hanging around outside. Firefighters arrive a minute or two later and everything is back to normal about half an hour later. False alarm and they're resuming the movies from where they left off. Staff tells me everything will be pushed back about an hour. I decide to wait because at least there's functional AC, unlike my place. 45 minutes later I check to see what the status is an they're already fucking playing the next showing of Spiderman, motherfuckers. I go in anyway and only missed the first 5-10 minutes.

The power was back on when I got back home. Based on the stove clock it was restored less than an hour after I left.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Three dudes. Five kids. I'm drunk. They're not. Food needs get. One side said he didn't want to go alone or with kids. The other has no car or money and doesn't want the kids by himself. So I say wait until the girls arrive and then we'll go. Girls arrive. I expect to go with dude who doesn't want to go alone, but all of them are now mad at me for being, their words, chauvinistic for assuming the ladies would take care of the children.
What an insult to my character? It doesn't matter that they're women. All we needed were more bodies to stay with the dude that doesn't want to be left alone.

Night didn't die down from there. Everybody intermittent arguing. Buzz completely gone. I slipped out the back and walked around the building to my car.

Jesus people relax, but I'm not your shrink and I'm not fixing your shit for free.

• 2WTF

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
He has a "not being the bitch" complex. He's a generous and helpful enough guy, but if he feels cornered or expected to do something for others, he gets egotistical and combative.
But I can only speculate.

Another bullshit rustler was the conversation before my arrival. They said BYOB. I said I was thinking about bringing [brand of beer] and food and asked if they wanted anything.
One makes fun of my beer selection and then said he wanted to pick out what to eat. I'm at the store by now and was picking out cuts of meat, so I wait for a suggestion. After too long I asked. No response still, so the other one said we'll go to the store when I get there.
So I put the stuff back, buy some soda and chips on sale and get wine instead of beer, enough to share.

33 minutes pass and the whiner texts that my original suggestion of tacos was good as long as I also brought a "shitload of gauc and sauces." I was like, too late I'm 5 minutes from your place.

When I arrive, they're sitting on the two couches glued to phones while kids run around. They do break free to interact a kids engage, I'll give them that, but after attending those needs they went back to being boring. None wanted to go anywhere and giving me shit for not bringing food. So I cracked into the wine and setting of original post.

Another speculation could thus be he dug in and was like no, you offered to get food, so you drive back out by yourself and get it.
Instead he calls his wife who's at work, he doesn't work btw, and frames the situation in the most fucked up way possible. How I know? Because when he hangs up, he said she's bringing the food but she's pissed.
Why pissed? That's not a thing to get pissed about. He also told me to brace for impact when she comes home.

When she got there, her body language indeed was hostile but she took it with grace, but of course he prodded her, pushed her buttons, and like an egg yolk she spilled all over me. "No you listen," she said as she interrupted my correcting her framing clearly given to her by the dude.

Fuck all that noise. I'm considering not inviting them to my child's birthday coming up. I don't want to deny access to friends, but maybe it's best if those friends are attached to such low quality.

They were my homeboys back in the day, but now I can't even relate to them.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
There is nothing more tedious than ‘social for the sake of it’ bullshit, as described above. Best case scenario people are constantly going ‘Ou look at this bullshit you don’t care about’ and shoving their phones in your face. Worst case everyone is sitting around staring at screens because they’re incapable of rustling up a topic of mutual interest to everyone. And talking about kids, golly gee whillikers. Timmy is doing Lacrosse and Becky winning second in her spelling bee? Shiver my timbers, it’s almost like your kids are kids and do kid things just like our kids.

Half the time it seems an excuse or justification to get bent out of shape about what people say and how people say them. How many husbands have had to listen their wives go off after a get together because Karen/Hunter/Bob said something shitty/snarky/bigoted/not woke enough.

• 2Solidarity

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finding clothes anymore, jesus fucking christ.

Whether it's designer or something like say, Zara, Express, Banana Republic, you name it. It seems like clothes are being marketed to some edgy male version of Lady Gaga, boring ass old men who have thirty versions of the same outfits in various colors, or streetwear enthusiasts with oversized / baggy everything. How fucking difficult is it to find form-fitting clothes, of quality construction, that don't cost something absolutely fucking absurd?

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I keep saying I'm going to find someone who can make custom clothes. I look sometimes, but I never look hard and didn't followup on the one lead I got.

Siliconemelons

Find custom tailors in China - give them measurements and what you want - it takes forever but it's cheap and good.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He has a "not being the bitch" complex. He's a generous and helpful enough guy, but if he feels cornered or expected to do something for others, he gets egotistical and combative.
But I can only speculate.

Another bullshit rustler was the conversation before my arrival. They said BYOB. I said I was thinking about bringing [brand of beer] and food and asked if they wanted anything.
One makes fun of my beer selection and then said he wanted to pick out what to eat. I'm at the store by now and was picking out cuts of meat, so I wait for a suggestion. After too long I asked. No response still, so the other one said we'll go to the store when I get there.
So I put the stuff back, buy some soda and chips on sale and get wine instead of beer, enough to share.

33 minutes pass and the whiner texts that my original suggestion of tacos was good as long as I also brought a "shitload of gauc and sauces." I was like, too late I'm 5 minutes from your place.

When I arrive, they're sitting on the two couches glued to phones while kids run around. They do break free to interact a kids engage, I'll give them that, but after attending those needs they went back to being boring. None wanted to go anywhere and giving me shit for not bringing food. So I cracked into the wine and setting of original post.

Another speculation could thus be he dug in and was like no, you offered to get food, so you drive back out by yourself and get it.
Instead he calls his wife who's at work, he doesn't work btw, and frames the situation in the most fucked up way possible. How I know? Because when he hangs up, he said she's bringing the food but she's pissed.
Why pissed? That's not a thing to get pissed about. He also told me to brace for impact when she comes home.

When she got there, her body language indeed was hostile but she took it with grace, but of course he prodded her, pushed her buttons, and like an egg yolk she spilled all over me. "No you listen," she said as she interrupted my correcting her framing clearly given to her by the dude.

Fuck all that noise. I'm considering not inviting them to my child's birthday coming up. I don't want to deny access to friends, but maybe it's best if those friends are attached to such low quality.

They were my homeboys back in the day, but now I can't even relate to them.

I can relate. My suggestion is that you move on. People change, for better or worse, and sometimes you just have to cut ties because they are intolerable. I continue to meet people who are a better fit for me and the missus than old friends who've turned into shit heads. **spelling fuck up**

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Find custom tailors in China - give them measurements and what you want - it takes forever but it's cheap and good.

How custom is it going to be if you dont see them face to face? Seems like they need to take the measurements.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
from the guild application thread
The officers are not here to be your babysitters and will only interview if absolutely necessary

It's suppose to be intervene
FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT BoozeCube BoozeCube
it's triggering me at so many levels that no one has noticed it yet. Does this mean that people actually do not read things like these?
Now, where's my prize?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lost another family member to cancer this morning. Uncle, 67 years old. That makes 6. I feel like such shit today. I'm 1,600 miles from my family and can't help. Only saving grace is I'm taking my parents to Italy in 4 weeks, which should help us heal a little.

Reading about the Ohio shooting earlier made things worse too. Fucking kid shot his best friend and sister before indiscriminately murdering other innocent people. This world sucks sometimes.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

How custom is it going to be if you dont see them face to face? Seems like they need to take the measurements.

Well usually they just have guides on how to measure yourself, or you go get measured.

Essentially what happens is you get hooked up with a place that is "not" but "is" in conjunction with a clothing manufacturer and they just make custom sizes for you - or a complete custom outfit.

I found this because I wanted some actual Chinese cheong-sams for my kids and wife and an actual nice kung-fu frog button style suit jacket for myself - and none of the stock sizes worked for my wife or I - so while talking to them they were also like "want any other clothing? American brand?" Etc etc.

It does take time to float over however.

Also Chinese in NYC and Cali - any port place will do it also- they have a big market of hemming seconds of famous brands etc.

But yeah if your wanting super sharp $$ $$ then no.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
As long as a professional is doing the measurements, that sounds pretty good. Seems like you'd need a final fitting no matter how it's made, but maybe not.