Whiskey

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish Evan burned a little more. I honestly find it a bit too easy to drink.

Is Evan Williams white label available in your area? It's 100 proof so it should offer what you are looking for.

My standard pour is now Elijah Craig. It's much less oaky now that it dropped the age statement. Need to do a side by side with 4 roses small batch for my economic whiskey.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
A big reason why the secondary markets on initially Scotch and now Bourbon is the consumers class's of alot of developing Asian countries are buying large amounts of available stock. It's not just some hipsters. I heard this straight from the mouth of a high level Chivas employee.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A big reason why the secondary markets on initially Scotch and now Bourbon is the consumers class's of alot of developing Asian countries are buying large amounts of available stock. It's not just some hipsters. I heard this straight from the mouth of a high level Chivas employee.

Exactly what I said about Cognac on the previous page. New wealth in Asia is driving the prices over the last decade.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wish Evan burned a little more. I honestly find it a bit too easy to drink.

This is why I like Bulleit. You want to know there's some whiskey in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
In bed with a high west rendezvous rye old fashioned. fucking love it. yes I drink it neat too, but sometimes I just want a fucking old fashioned bc it's a perfect drink... I hate when people put cherries in my old fashioned, but one thing I'll do is buy a jar of cherries, drain the syrup, fill it with makers, so the cherries get the whiskey infused in them, then put one in the old fashioned. perfect way to end a drink.

Siliconemelons

Got a bottle of old grand dad... had a little crown vanilla left... mixed them...omg...awesome - imo better than either solo? odd... I guess makers is the next I should get to try out

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pick up a bottle of Slaughterhouse Whiskey, very pleased for the price point. I will try to keep some on hand.
bottle-slaughter-house.png

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
i switched to whiskey about 5 months ago and haven't had a beer since. I've been trying to get a different bottle of scotch every time I go the the liquor store to get a better idea of what I like. I drink everything neat but sometimes add a drop or two of water. I mainly drink scotch but like bulliet bourbon as a daily drinker. So far my tastes breakdown like this. May be off on some of the years. I really enjoyed finding how distinct and different all the different single malts are.

Love: lagavulin 16
laphroieg 10
Glenmorangie 10
Highland Park 12
Dalwhinnie 15

Ok: Glenlivit 12
Macallan 10 and 12
Glen Fiddich 12

Didn't like: Ardbeg 12
talisker 10

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Given your loves you should give Oban 14 a try.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... So far my tastes breakdown like this...

Love: lagavulin 16
laphroieg 10
Glenmorangie 10
Highland Park 12
Dalwhinnie 15

Ok: Glenlivit 12
Macallan 10 and 12
Glen Fiddich 12

Didn't like: Ardbeg 12
talisker 10

I like my whiskey old enough to order its own whiskey.

• 1Worf

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm so happy! After years and years of searching, I finally found a whisky that I actually enjoyed drinking. I'm not sure why I enjoy it more than any other that I've tried. It didn't seem to have as much of a burning sensation, or maybe it was on the sweeter side. Whatever the reason, I'm glad to finally have something to sip with all my classy friends.

>> pic of Scapa Skiren <<

Thanks for the rec, it's good. Different from most scotches (which I also enjoy), but good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't remember if I mentioned it, but after buying that bottle of Sazerac one night I drank like half of it, fell down my stairs going to bed, thought I broke my tibia, and spent the night in the hospital.

Still looking for another bottle.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

I suck, I hate the burn

seeking recommendations

Got me a few of those little 1$ bottles of random stuff to try again - got a little crown vanilla, good.. got a black cherry, JD? its good also- and a straight burbon - that imo tastes exactly like my old granddad whiskey

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I suck, I hate the burn

seeking recommendations

Got me a few of those little 1$ bottles of random stuff to try again - got a little crown vanilla, good.. got a black cherry, JD? its good also- and a straight burbon - that imo tastes exactly like my old granddad whiskey
Are you looking for something that hides the whiskey taste or just some stuff you can sample?

Siliconemelons

Are you looking for something that hides the whiskey taste or just some stuff you can sample?

I know I will get yelled at...

So I do not know how to type what I like - first I do "drink" but I have never been "drunk" - I do not drink to get buzzed or drunk - I drink to enjoy what I am drinking (solo or in pair with food etc.) so I suppose "social"?

I do not really light the taste of just "alcohol" - aka the taste of the smell of rubbing alcohol etc. nor do I enjoy "the burn" - but the flavor of whisky I do like, and rum - its the stuff after, or "surrounding" it that I just cant get used to.

So I suppose that's why I have been reluctant to hand down 50+$ on a bottle that's "old" as most of the time reading its "higher proof" - and I do not really care about that, but also "fuller flavor" - and that I would care about.

I guess I need to find a bar that has a good sampling where I can find something I really like and just get that and chill

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess I need to find a bar that has a good sampling where I can find something I really like and just get that and chill

I think that's probably the way to go. Find some yuppie bartender and just tell them that you want to try some whiskey. They might judge you if your favorite winds up being crown royal or something, but I would bet that the more you drink, the more you will start to like some of the stronger stuff if you're not always just trying to hide the taste with fruit and sugar. Just like coffee and beer, most people don't usually like that stuff the first time they try it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons Buffalo Trace is a great cheap bourbon. Everyone should have this as a quality "every day drink" I think you can get it in the tiny sample bottles. I know you can get Makers in the tiny bottles. You could try Gentleman Jack in the tiny bottles.

My favorite whiskies right now are Jefferson Reserve which i think is worth every penny of the 50-80 dollar price and Colonel Taylor Rye.

For rum I have recently been introduced to Bayou . Their silver is amazing for mixed drinks.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons Buffalo Trace is a great cheap bourbon. Everyone should have this as a quality "every day drink" I think you can get it in the tiny sample bottles. I know you can get Makers in the tiny bottles. You could try Gentleman Jack in the tiny bottles.

My favorite whiskies right now are Jefferson Reserve which i think is worth every penny of the 50-80 dollar price and Colonel Taylor Rye.

For rum I have recently been introduced to Bayou . Their silver is amazing for mixed drinks.

this is good, i also like old weller for something a lil more smooth and flavorful. no burn at all.

• 1Like