Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Moment of silcence, for the cone of silence.

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Dementia that young is rare, but it does happen. As for dying from dementia, it is an overall brain issue that has other cascading effects on the body beyond just memory/cognition.

To put it in computer terms, it isn't just having issues with accessing files on a hard drive, it is your CPU suddenly can't function properly and eventually burns out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Early onset dementia is a bitch. I'm actually going to a funeral on Friday for a guy who died of it at 61. I really feel for his wife, the last 3 years have been a real shit show for her.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Early onset dementia is a bitch. I'm actually going to a funeral on Friday for a guy who died of it at 61. I really feel for his wife, the last 3 years have been a real shit show for her.
Ya, if you ever hear me talking of crazy shit go ahead and put me under. Thankfully I am a very stable genius!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Having had two grandparents who both died suffering from (non-early onset) dementia. It starts with cognition and memory, then starts moving into speech.. then into neuromuscular control.. eventually to things like heart rate and respiration...

Alzheimer's/Dementia is the demon that hunts my family. I am not looking forward to my 70's.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was doing some renovation work at a dementia ward and seeing the patients there was super creepy.

Goatface

story about Eastman's FB post about her bad health from Nov 2018 (as i could not find the FB post)
tl;dr
She suffered from retrograde-amnesia, her teenage life wiped from her memory after suffering head trauma after a fall from a horse in her twenties.
Julie continues to be funny and entertaining at times. Other times she is in complete confusion and requires medicine.
Julie’s care at home has become more intensive due to complications of dementia, and she is entering final stage.
Currently, She is in the hospital and is due to return home this week. Her condition continues to worsen, and once again I am letting you know that her time here on Earth is limited.
She will return home, hopefully this week, on Hospice care once again. I don’t believe she will be removed from Hospice going forward.

=
i saw her at a con in the late 90's, remember she didn't have much of line and got a signed poster for like $10 or 15.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Christopher Tolkien died yesterday, Jan 15th. He was 95 and Son of JRR. I really appreciate him for finding, preserving, organizing, and publishing a lot of JRRs work. One of those rare sons that actually appreciates and nurtures a huge legacy passed down from the father.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Christopher Tolkien died yesterday, Jan 15th. He was 95 and Son of JRR. I really appreciate him for finding, preserving, organizing, and publishing a lot of JRRs work. One of those rare sons that actually appreciates and nurtures a huge legacy passed down from the father.
I hope there are people left in the Tolkien family that respect the work JRR did enough to not let companies like Amazon ruin his works.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Sad to see him go, apart from Monty Python I loved his history documentaries too. Lighthearted and engaging without being overly simplistic.

Those are great as are all of Palin's travel docs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users