Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

misery_sl

shitlord
How is the longevity looking? Do you guys still think you'll be playing this game after the first month? It's interesting to see so many people enjoying this title.

I think out of all the MMO's launched since vanilla WoW, this one probably has the strongestchanceof being a popular long term game.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Damn I don't know what to play honestly, I hated this game during beta, BnS isn't coming any time soon, Black desert seems so far off, don't have any interest in all the tedious shit that AA seems to offer.

I still have today and tomorrow off, I could no life it and catch right up, is running BGS a viable way to level up like in warhammer? I don't want the traditional grind at all of doing quests, maybe in between BG ques or something.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
While I like this game, those who are reading this please be aware that all mmo threads start off like this with people loving it. If you're on the fence on this game, come back and read this in a month.
wink.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As long as you enjoy the first month and get 50+ hours out of it you cant really complain. But yeah, a lot of people will stop after the first month, its just the way it is with MMOs...

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Definitely a lot of truth there. The only thing I'll say is that ESO seemed broken in a lot of ways and this game, at least from what I can tell, seems to actually function right. There's also already more environmental diversity in the first 10 levels than ESO ever offered.

I still can't stand the quest structure though and I literally just skip through all the text. Telegraphs are a lot more fun than I thought and I ripped them pretty good earlier in this thread.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Was there a free trial for your friends with the purchase or anything? i would like to see how it runs on this laptop before i decide to buy or not if anyone has a trial cod they are not using. thanks

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I like this game, those who are reading this please be aware that all mmo threads start off like this with people loving it. If you're on the fence on this game, come back and read this in a month.
wink.png
That being said, this is the most solid and complete MMO at launch ever. Their success will be determined by how well this type of game is going to be received in 2014 in combination with how they manage the game going forward. It could completely fall apart as people consume and dissect it, but there seems to be a pretty solid core game here. Definitely worth the price of admission if you're a fan of the genre.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't in the beta for WS and the cartoonish graphics initially put me off, but I am really getting into this game now. After ESO, I can't believe the lack of bugs and bugged quests. The only bug I have found so far is that the quest armor rewards for my Spellslinger were labelled Esper, but I could still equip them. Also, this was only while on the ark so a pretty minor glitch. I love the Stalker class but it is clear that melee will be at a disadvantage. Every time we did a boss I spent most of the time chasing after it as he ping ponged from player to player as they got aggro; my dps was really low because I could only get a few hits in. I am getting into my SS now and he is level 13.

misery_sl

shitlord
One thing that excites me is that I'm going into this game blind. I haven't been interested enough to follow this game much, and I've been preoccupied with other things. So this is going to be a completely new experience for me from the ground up. Most other games I've already analyzed them to death before they are even released.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well there goes a tweak to the House XP/Money buff. Decreased to 5% from 10%. But I suppose that was too good to be true anyway.

If anyone wants to group up, message me. Have Ventrilo available
and will be playing continuously until exhaustion sets in.

Server: Rowsdower (PVP) -- think this is newest server.
Faction: Exiles
Class: Medic (12 so far.)
Name: Penrose

Thanks.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have to say, those explorer jumping puzzles are really fun. 1h fooling around at celestia falls with those red fungus jumpers
wink.png

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having a lot of fun so far. Hit 21 tonight. No major issues since the morning, queues notwithstanding.

I went around a corner I knew there weren't mobs at on a map and found a new Scanbot type. Was pretty pumped to see random things again without every tiny interaction bread-crumbed or something so required that you would have to look it up on a db site. Clutter issue seems a lot better this time around. I'm sure it's mostly me getting used to what looks like what. Did one L15 adventure... interesting. We almost wiped a few times, nothing was particularly difficult in it, just a lot of mobs. Overall I didn't really like the dungeon itself but the 'choose your own encounter' thing was pretty nifty.
Where was this? Dominion or Exile?