Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wait why am I getting called out here, I didn't say shit
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think Khane's mad because he thought I was serious in the BFA thread about his opinion. I was just joking dude!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm level 9, I don't really think it matters where I am. Besides isn't whitemane overcrowded to shit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
whitemane is terrible. its a cancer upon the world. every herb is 40g. horde pvp queues are 15m minimum.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its possible on that "exploit" thing that a warrior demo shouts, the low level does damage to "lock" it, then the high level finishes it off.

Demo shout has no target limit, and holds aggro pretty well against low level character damage (I know this from leveling alts).

If the warrior is outside the group, then the low level would be the only one getting experience.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Alright forumbros, need some help. Been like 10 years since I played WoW and much has changed. Here's the situation.

Playing PvE, with a couple RL friends as War, Priest, Mage. We fill in DPS slots with pugs. No interest in raiding, we only play once or twice a week. Finally got our guys to 56 and facetanking 5 man's is starting to get dangerous. But, I also have no interest in going overboard on the Prot tree for shit like Stratholme and LBRS. What's my best bet for warrior spec? It looks like something like 5/31/15 or 31/5/15 is perfectly fine for 5 man's. With PvP not being a consideration, Mortal Strike doesn't seem necessary, but on the flip side, I'm not sure I'm ever gonna have the gear to make Fury dual wield super viable either. Current best weapon I can get ahold of is Ice Barbed Spear before we roll into the level 60 5 man's, so that complicates things too, as dual wield isn't even my best option, I think.

I'm also kinda sad that every WoW site on the internet is still somehow complete AIDS 15 years later. So that's complicating things too.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Fury prot is trash without insane gear and or world buffs to be honest. For tanking dungeons arms is better.

xzi

Mouthbreather
whole game doesn't matter just play what your heart tells you

you said it yourself you have no interest in raiding so just have fun, warriors will still be doing more dps than everyone else even with a shitass build as long as you're not braindead and can move slightly to the left and slightly to the right when the time calls for it

• 1Worf

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
sounds like you dont want to play a warrior. prot is your best bet

Not at all. I enjoy playing a warrior. I also enjoy tanking dungeons. But just straight fury isn't cutting it anymore for dungeons, I'm getting fucking crushed, even with the holy/disc priest healing, so I know I need to change shit up until I get geared up with 5 man gear instead.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not at all. I enjoy playing a warrior. I also enjoy tanking dungeons. But just straight fury isn't cutting it anymore for dungeons, I'm getting fucking crushed, even with the holy/disc priest healing, so I know I need to change shit up until I get geared up with 5 man gear instead.
Getting crushed probably has more to do with gear than spec.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

So if you really don't have any interest in PvP and just wanna dungeon run with your buds then I would totally suggest going the standard Prot build here

11/5/35

The reason I suggest that if you honestly do enjoy tanking and just running dungeons at a relaxed pace is because it provides so much utility for dungeons. Sure you won't be doing any insane DPS numbers but things like improved Revenge are insanely awesome for 5 man content. Just stuff like Conc. Blow etc. give you so much flexibility and control, it's just a really fun build and lets you very easily keep the rhythm of the dungeon to the pace you set. So if you are asking for suggestions then this would be what I would wholeheartedly recommend.

On the flip side if you enjoy playing with a 2 hander more and your style and group is better suited to multiple roles then I would just recommend a normal 31/20 Arms spec. You are more than capable of doing any dungeons with this spec and you have some flexibility when you aren't tanking to dps if needed. - It will be more stressful on your priest bud and you might just have to pull more conservatively and slower but you can do the content without issue as long as you guys plan pulls accordingly. You have a little less options when shit goes south but whatever.

As for Fury/Prot this is what I currently am and it's a completely raid spec. It is very gear and buff reliant to get the most out of it, while super fun on raids and very capable of 5 mans with the right gear it just doesn't play as fun as deep prot for dungeons in my personal opinion.

If nothing else I would say give the Prot build a chance try it out of a week or two and see if you enjoy it and it not switch. To that same end one of the things that make a world of difference with playing some classes is macros. WoW Classic design was lacking in many ways and building up some macros for stance changing, and using abilities improves the feel of the class to such an insane degree you will wonder why they didn't design it better. The only class that is more dependent than warriors on macros is Druids. The different between being able to press your Thunderclap and automatically switching to battle stance to do perform the ability vs changing stance first and using the ability is so fundamentally different in feel.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the input, Booze. I have a somewhat different situation than most people, but am no less a powergamer than I was 15 years ago...I simply have a different top end.

I've never been into just gaming to fuck around. I play to win in whatever I'm doing and don't see the point in playing suboptimal shit. Unfortunately, RL has put constraints on how much we can play, as life is a lot different in your 40s with a mortgage and kids than it was in our 20s when we could devote the time to trying out new shit and figuring out game mechanics.

Now it's just about playing with the people I enjoy playing with. We rolled up day one and hit 57 last night, because we only play Friday/Sunday. 5 man's are realistically the cap for us, but it's pretty difficult to find good information on proper builds when that's where you're gonna top out. Everyone on a PvE server is fury, but I remember vanilla and fury was straight shit until you got enough hit/crit for it not to be. But we're also not gonna devote a whole ton of time to PvP with hour long AV queues. So it's an odd situation most people aren't in and was looking for some constructive ideas about it. I remember shield slam being pretty solid, I just didn't know if going that far down the tree was overkill for DM and Scholo and shit

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
At max levels its more about holding aggro as a tank so the dps can do their job. You'll need tanking gear to handle the shit that's being thrown at you, and unfortunately the loot balance will put it more defensive and less offensive, so you'll have to make up for that with threat and utility options in the protection tree. Your dps are stronger than they were back in Vanilla because of the loot they're getting, so their threat will be greater. At lower levels its easier to dps-tank because you can outgear some of the opposition, but at max level there's ceilings you hit.

That said, it doesn't hurt to pick up some dps pieces if they come along, you're not completely crippled if you go deep protection.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Guess with all the new people hitting cap it’s time to dust off the 55 shaman account and dungeon level my way to cap. If y’all need a shaman healer for dungeons and Boombazelle is on hit me up.