World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
I accidentally joined a no lifer private server guild, they want us to bring 16 Greater Fire Protection Potions to MC/Onyxia.

That's 80g per raid at current prices and Elemental Fire has not dropped for me in full clears of the mobs in Burning Steppes and Arathi Highlands.

The team 1 raid team in my guild is going hard with these too, requires 5 fire prots minimum- as well as a bunch of other shit. Sounds miderable to me. lol but let the spergs be spergs

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The team 1 raid team in my guild is going hard with these too, requires 5 fire prots minimum- as well as a bunch of other shit. Sounds miderable to me. lol but let the spergs be spergs

I mean we expect people to have a stack of fire pots too, but at the same time chain drinking them and needing 15 in a night seems excessive as fuck.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I accidentally joined a no lifer private server guild, they want us to bring 16 Greater Fire Protection Potions to MC/Onyxia.

That's 80g per raid at current prices and Elemental Fire has not dropped for me in full clears of the mobs in Burning Steppes and Arathi Highlands.
The guild master actually owns shares in a gold selling company.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 3 users

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't see the need for that many consumables. I'm in a decent guild on Rattlegore and we phase 1 Ragnaros, which requires at most 2 GFPP if you pre-pot before the pull. I used one for Ony and it was still on after the kill, so complete waste.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Warlock mount quest is probably the definition of retard quest design. Hundreds of warlocks in 1 zone, trying to get 30 quest drops of something that's not even a 100% drop rate. Whoever designed the quest hopefully gets cancer and dies a vicious death.

Can warlocks not buy an epic mount, only do the quest? Still probably easier to do the quest than farm 900g.

Stosh

Same with levelling, avoid STV and just grind some other zone. It's faster.

I've done STV twice, weekend before last on shaman, and last weekend on huntard... both time solo during prime time Friday night and Saturday. I got ganked twice on shaman, maybe 15 times on hunter. Most of the hunter ganks were by people camping the Nesingway camp. Big deal, graveyard is 50 feet away.

I went there, did my business and left. 90% of the zone is there for the same purpose, to level. If you're the type who gets angry and loses focus and wants revenge when ganked, sure it's going to slow you down. Same if you get upset if ganked by somebody 20 levels higher. I'm terrible at PvP, so if you attack me while I'm fighting two mobs, you're ?? to me and I still get you to 50% health before I die, I mostly feel sorry for you.

STV is just too quest dense to skip because I'm going to get ganked a dozen times.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
You guys should look up the prices for elemental fire and dreamfoil, probably a shitload cheaper than GFPPs if it's anything like my server. No reason not to bring a few to trivialize rag and ony.
Can warlocks not buy an epic mount, only do the quest? Still probably easier to do the quest than farm 900g.
Vendor epic mount is better than the warlock mount for pvp and for farming and gold is very easy for warlocks to farm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Regular mount doesn't cost mana, which is actually a noticeable thing in pvp.

But the regular mount isn't as pimp as the super speedy fire horse!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've done STV twice, weekend before last on shaman, and last weekend on huntard... both time solo during prime time Friday night and Saturday. I got ganked twice on shaman, maybe 15 times on hunter. Most of the hunter ganks were by people camping the Nesingway camp. Big deal, graveyard is 50 feet away.

I went there, did my business and left. 90% of the zone is there for the same purpose, to level. If you're the type who gets angry and loses focus and wants revenge when ganked, sure it's going to slow you down. Same if you get upset if ganked by somebody 20 levels higher. I'm terrible at PvP, so if you attack me while I'm fighting two mobs, you're ?? to me and I still get you to 50% health before I die, I mostly feel sorry for you.

STV is just too quest dense to skip because I'm going to get ganked a dozen times.
Whoa there. I'm talking about not being able to do the quests because all the mobs are dead. Not PvP.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They also expect you to *use* 16 GFPP? When?

wanand

Whoa there. I'm talking about not being able to do the quests because all the mobs are dead. Not PvP.

True that, on full servers STV just a nigthmare to get quests done as there always double digit people on the same quest, for kill X quest not bad just invite everyone but for X drops yea fuck that in prime time can easily waste 2 hours on one quest on the rare drop items. I tend to play really late at night anyway so i done dungeons till most people went to bed then hit STV at 1am for a few hours

wanand

Fights last about 2 mintues max if your dps shit why on earth would you need 16 fpp, as other have said 2 is all you need

xzi

Mouthbreather
They also expect you to *use* 16 GFPP? When?

trash after garr is probably the most dangerous part of MC in general, but 16 seems steep.

I could see it on speedruns and popping them every single time your fpp gets broken, your healers are dpsing anyways.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I bought hundreds of elemental fire when it was 30-60s on my server and have a decent stockpile of dreamfoil from herbing and when I see it cheap since it’s used for so much. 1 gold GFPPs ftw.

Our first two Rag kills I handed out dozens to the raid and now I’m trying to get people to stop mooching but it’s tough. Luckily our gear is a lot better so if a few people die we still get Rag dead before he submerges.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
trash after garr is probably the most dangerous part of MC in general, but 16 seems steep.

I could see it on speedruns and popping them every single time your fpp gets broken, your healers are dpsing anyways.
So they can shave 5 minutes off the run to avoid a rez here and there, they expect the whole raid to spend a thousand gold on consumables? Abandon ship.