World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's a bit late for that, since you have 1 week left. Heroic & WQ aren't going to do much, you won't get enough legendary tokens for a new legendary item (unless you're close to half done).

LFR will give you 3-4 (with bonus rolls) 915 items, you might get 2-3 relinquished tokens for 910+ if you massively grind every argus named and invasions. And that's it for this last week. Next tuesday, the tower is gone.

Oh shit I thought I had a month. Looks like I will just be doing the tower for my monk.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So seeing that we have at least one more week to get mage towers and things I am going to still work on seeing how many I can get done.. I should of done some M+ on my alts damn. Missing out on a decent ilvl piece and those lego currency things.. Oh well.

So I guess I am going to try and see if I can get a Chosen run going this week. Is there anyone here geared up that still needs it, or if some forum bro's wouldn't mind helping out some others to snag the title before reset.

Also in that same line of thinking I am very doubtful people still need it here, but if there are those on the forums that could use a Heroic Argus kill for the mount and ahead of the curve please post here and I am sure we can help you guys get it before the reset.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did 3 of the Mage towers. They were pretty much the only ones I wanted. Feral Druid, Enhance Shaman and Beast Hunter. I have never been a Super Alt playing kind of person and so I just stuck with the ones I played the most. I also play Warlock on a occasion but I am not that impressed with the Mage Tower weapons. I used gold for the expansion and I am good til next year on the account but this coming up expansion just does not appear all that exciting to me. Ashes of Creation is the next game I am looking at but that has a ways to go for release and so I hang on for a bit longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I could use a Chosen run, but not sure how often I'll be available. Shaman is 960ish or something and I have CE: Helya for my creds.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was actually given this expansion for my birthday so I guess i'm going to have to check this out. I've given some attention to it but where i'm committed to Agnarr (even though i'm on a summer work schedule) I really didn't give too much thought of diving into this game. Good timing though since I believe Agnarr will eventually fizzle and wouldn't mind to have something else to goof around on but is the forum guild still a thing? Anything important to know before jumping back in? Will all the equipment become irrelevant? I've heard there's a heavy focus on PvP... i'm hoping so. :)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know when you think about it our FoH forum guild was basically 7/11 M over 4 months ago with a far from ideal set of classes. Before a couple of people got frustrated and bailed. I am sure we would of at least been 9/11or 10/11 farm and given how few people actually went on to get 11/11 m it's a fucking shame that we stopped raiding over 1-2 people.

Also keep in mind we were raiding 2 nights a week for 3 hours.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well since there certainly seems to be interest. Then we can see about running a group through maybe a couple of times. I would say the weekend would probably be the most likely time for everyone to be online but keep posting here and we can work out details.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need chosen. Can help on Argus or just carrying people through shit for gear. 965ish tank and dps.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I need chosen. Can help on Argus or just carrying people through shit for gear. 965ish tank and dps.

I would honestly be surprised if anyone needs Argus but I figured I would throw it out there on the off chance we have someone who needs.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If you guys throw an Argus heroic together count me in - I bailed sometime in NH/TOS? Can't remember. The fun runs were really the best time I had in the expac because everybody was chill and I didn't have to listen to Noodle slobber on himself.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Jox Jox or any Hunter folks: any idea how Survival is shaking up for DPS in BFA? The rotation looks like they cured the HIV they gave the spec in Legion.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Jox Jox or any Hunter folks: any idea how Survival is shaking up for DPS in BFA? The rotation looks like they cured the HIV they gave the spec in Legion.

Unless curing involves going back to being ranged, fuck survival right up the ass.

• 1Worf

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I quit a year ago, so I could use both Argus and the Chosen title. Came back Friday and beat all 3 mage towers sat morning as a 940 DK. I'm going camping thur/sat nights, so if it happens cool but no worries. I'll keep an eye out for a date/time.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would honestly be surprised if anyone needs Argus but I figured I would throw it out there on the off chance we have someone who needs.
I just got mine like last week. The guild I was on was too retarded to make it past Coven. They kicked the raid leader and promoted the guy who didn't know what a netherlight crucible was so I bailed as I was the only dps pulling close to 2 million on the regular. Joined a random pug the other day. They were obviously selling carries to a couple people in the group. We smashed it. I was like 10th dps at 2.5 million because of the crazy artifact levels.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I've been knocking out mage tower shit left and right over the last couple of days. I am up to 20ish now. I am actually tempted to level up the Monk, Shaman, and Rogue just to knock them out this week. Any advice on a quick way to plow through levels 90-110, or at least 100-110 I might go ahead and piss away my freebie boost on this shit just to get em done before they go away. Aside from the Mage Tower, and Chosen, anything else that should be a must do? I was thinking of wasting time with the brawler guild shit but I dont know if there are any rewards to give a fuck about there.

You can cheese it. You use an infernal, put it on defensive, stand next to Karam at the start and let him hit you. He will go onto your pet and never leave. Then when he casts purgatory you mortal coil him DURING the cast (you'll get the hang of timing after a few tries). At this point you burn Raest because Karam will stay on your pet and you get 2 full phases to damage Raest.

Thanks for this tip was able to cheese it and 1 shot it with this advice. The pet tanking plus mortal coil cheese allowed me to just burn Raest where I didn't even have to worry about the rest of the mechanics.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been knocking out mage tower shit left and right over the last couple of days. I am up to 20ish now. I am actually tempted to level up the Monk, Shaman, and Rogue just to knock them out this week. Any advice on a quick way to plow through levels 90-110, or at least 100-110 I might go ahead and piss away my freebie boost on this shit just to get em done before they go away. Aside from the Mage Tower, and Chosen, anything else that should be a must do? I was thinking of wasting time with the brawler guild shit but I dont know if there are any rewards to give a fuck about there.

Thanks for this tip was able to cheese it and 1 shot it with this advice. The pet tanking plus mortal coil cheese allowed me to just burn Raest where I didn't even have to worry about the rest of the mechanics.

How will you get them the gear to get through it quickly enough?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How will you get them the gear to get through it quickly enough?

Gearing to a 900-930ish ilvl is a joke. I mean first the moment you hit 110 you probably have enough of those Argus items that proc 880 or higher right off the bat. Then even a quick run through LFR is gonna get you 1 lego 1000 ring and hopefully you get the 1-2 quick pity legos. Then you can knock out a few M+ getting 900+ gear easy even if you are running lower keys. To finish off any missing slots or relics then plow through Argus for the 910 items with the veiled arganite or whatever its called. Bam you are 930 in a few hours of hitting 110. Now if you can get someone to carry you through a Normal or Heroic Antorus run or even someone who will do an LFR with you and funnel loot it can go even faster.

Also do these pickle puffers over at Blizzard really expect people to dump $80 on a shitty hearthstone xpac at the same time BfA launches? The fact that they can get people to piss away a few hundred a year on hearthstone fucking amazes me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gearing to a 900-930ish ilvl is a joke. I mean first the moment you hit 110 you probably have enough of those Argus items that proc 880 or higher right off the bat. Then even a quick run through LFR is gonna get you 1 lego 1000 ring and hopefully you get the 1-2 quick pity legos. Then you can knock out a few M+ getting 900+ gear easy even if you are running lower keys. To finish off any missing slots or relics then plow through Argus for the 910 items with the veiled arganite or whatever its called. Bam you are 930 in a few hours of hitting 110. Now if you can get someone to carry you through a Normal or Heroic Antorus run or even someone who will do an LFR with you and funnel loot it can go even faster.

Also do these pickle puffers over at Blizzard really expect people to dump $80 on a shitty hearthstone xpac at the same time BfA launches? The fact that they can get people to piss away a few hundred a year on hearthstone fucking amazes me.

I've just been opening up broken shore. Should I skip right to Argus so I can get gear faster?