World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just curious about prot warrior rage generation. You get it from Shield Slam, Revenge, and taking damage as a percent of your health? I can't find the specifics on how they tuned that last part to prevent better mitigation = less rage. Is the percent calculated pre block/armor? Still, how does higher health and avoidance not lead to less rage?

This feels like vanilla tanking all over again.

Argarth

On the verandah
Latest hot-fix notes have some changes based on feedback from the previous list, so they say. Thank goodness for this one.

Warrior
  • Arms
    • Tactician proc rate increased by 15%. ***********
    • Hamstring no longer procs Tactician.
    • Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 4% per point. (was 3%)
Seems they do listen sometimes. This mostly undoes the overall Tactician nerf from the previous hotfix, and shifts a chunk of the original Artifact bonus over to the baseline passive instead. Even better imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
They went from gutting priests to buffing them!
Priest

Shadow

Mind Sear damage increased by 80% and Insanity generation increased by 50%.
Mind Flay damage increased by 20%.
Mind Spike damage increased by 28%.
Void Ray maximum stacks reduced to 4.

Developers’ Notes: Given the damage increase to Mind Sear, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike, this still results in an overall increase to the value of the talent.

Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion is active.

Developers’ Notes: We would prefer that Surrender to Madness not be as dominant as it is, and that it can’t be extended for quite so long. However, addressing this further would require significant changes to the spec beyond what we want to do in a tuning pass at this time. We will look for an opportunity to take a more comprehensive look at this issue in a future patch.

It worries me that they don't want s2m to last as long as it is and I hope they don't decide to nerf us hard or make huge changes to it but for now I'm impressed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone got a link to a good Xavius walkthrough?

We only did 4 attempts tonight, best was 35% and we understand the mechanics but our overall strategy is obviously lacking. My gear could use a little work overall but it should be fine for normal mode (had no real issues with any of the other bosses) but even keeping Mark of Ursol up 100% of the time when I had the debuff, 3 stacks was really taxing the healers. I felt like I was taking too much damage and our raid was definitely taking too much damage because how they were trying to dodge the scythes wasn't working out well.

Nobody was getting mind controlled but I was getting way too low way too often for comfort and I don't want to just blame the healers outright.

I don't want to be stuck on Xavius another week... I want these goddamn quests out of my quest log.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

We only did 4 attempts tonight, best was 35% and we understand the mechanics but our overall strategy is obviously lacking. My gear could use a little work overall but it should be fine for normal mode (had no real issues with any of the other bosses) but even keeping Mark of Ursol up 100% of the time when I had the debuff, 3 stacks was really taxing the healers. I felt like I was taking too much damage and our raid was definitely taking too much damage because how they were trying to dodge the scythes wasn't working out well.

Nobody was getting mind controlled but I was getting way too low way too often for comfort and I don't want to just blame the healers outright.

I don't want to be stuck on Xavius another week... I want these goddamn quests out of my quest log.
Fatboss just updated all of their videos from alpha/beta.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So did +4 HoV 1C, failed +5 DHT by 2 min. Bolster not friendly in that dungeon.

Oh well.

30% mount speed tomorrow aww yisss

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Happy with the Arms revision. Don't have to hamstring now which is nice.

Did a +6 keystone Maw of Souls tonight and when arriving on the ship it dropped a member through the ship 4 fucking times in a row & then the bottom deck of the ship for some reason had adds pull from the other side of the ship. It was a buggy fucking nightmare. Then once we made it to Helya with about 2:30 min left entering stage 2, our priest got hit with Torrent (which doesn't announce in stage 1)...

Mythic+ is pretty cool though, gives some of us shit to do that don't wanna raid 4-5 nights a week anymore and doesn't want the aimlessly easy base Mythic stuff.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I just despise Curse, which is from them previously forcing you to collect data form them. The updater used to install the curse add-on, and it would re-enable it every time you updated other mobs even if you downloaded it. Just now I loaded up the client and it autodownloaded an "upsell" exe immediately. No prompt to download it, no confirmation box.

Fuck them.

Never had either one of these happen and I've been using the Curse mod client since it was a thing and recently switched to the new app without an issue. The only thing I can ever remember people complaining about was getting infected through one of the ads, which the new app doesn't even have anymore. They are also owned by Amazon now so the chances of them intentionally fucking with your computer are slim to none.

Your only other option is WoWInterfaces Minion, but it's virtually the same as the Curse client before they updated, so if you are worried about security it's even worse.

Or you could just download, install, and keep every mod updated yourself but fuck that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Never had either one of these happen and I've been using the Curse mod client since it was a thing and recently switched to the new app without an issue. The only thing I can ever remember people complaining about was getting infected through one of the ads, which the new app doesn't even have anymore. They are also owned by Amazon now so the chances of them intentionally fucking with your computer are slim to none.

Your only other option is WoWInterfaces Minion, but it's virtually the same as the Curse client before they updated, so if you are worried about security it's even worse.

Or you could just download, install, and keep every mod updated yourself but fuck that.

Same, re the both of the Curse Apps. Been using the original desktop version for years; like it because it scrolls faster and can fit more info on the screen than the new one. The WoWDB profiler plug-in is completely optional, and the banner ad for premium is non-intrusive.

I have 80 mods, sometimes more when testing, and running the PTR client as well. No fucking way I would be without it. =) Smooth and seamless, never any problem whatsoever.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I didn't realize that everything you ever owned showed up in the transmog pages.
Everything quested shows up; item drops don't carry if you sold them (you'll have to farm them again, potentially from the BMAH).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You should be swapping the second you hit 3 stacks and then walking away from the raid to get cleansed. I tanked him with the gear pictured here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Arcaus/advanced I was able to keep 1 level of mark up at all times. I never went to stacking mark to 2 as I didn't want to burn the rage on it. I never procced my trinket so I never went below 7%. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Edit: If you leave the fight area (bounce off the invisible wall) you take a massive amount of damage. That is the only thing I can think of.

Malkav

French Madman
Just found out about the Enemy Grid addon. Have to try it out tonight when I get back to work.

Might make the dots/debuffs classes bearable on multi-target.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You should be swapping the second you hit 3 stacks and then walking away from the raid to get cleansed. I tanked him with the gear pictured here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Arcaus/advanced I was able to keep 1 level of mark up at all times. I never went to stacking mark to 2 as I didn't want to burn the rage on it. I never procced my trinket so I never went below 7%. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Edit: If you leave the fight area (bounce off the invisible wall) you take a massive amount of damage. That is the only thing I can think of.
Mark of Ursol stacks now?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope I was thinking about Ironfur stacks. It's what I get for posting quickly before 7am.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there any plans to allow gem/enchants to change based on spec like gear does now? If not, well fuck my druid I guess. Force me into alt playing a chicken fuck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just curious about prot warrior rage generation. You get it from Shield Slam, Revenge, and taking damage as a percent of your health? I can't find the specifics on how they tuned that last part to prevent better mitigation = less rage. Is the percent calculated pre block/armor? Still, how does higher health and avoidance not lead to less rage?

This feels like vanilla tanking all over again.
No one is really sure. It's very vague and I don't trust that blizzard didn't fuck it up. Also they nerfed prot in today's hot fix to generate even less rage.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

so i tanked him once in a pug that we cleared with 25 people, took about 10 attempts, the hardest issue was the transition from phase 1 to 2 and the burn from 65 to 60. i went back in with the guild with 11 folks and we two shotted him.

I tanked Xavius the entire phase 1 i was able to hold him to 4 stacks in 852 gear (no legendary) at 4 stacks i would get cleansed and carry on. EDIT: just watched the fatboss video, dont worry about tank swapping on normal, if you tank xavius at max melee range and your melee dps is also at max melee they will be out of the corruption damage from the cleanse -End Edit. the offtank who was dreaming during phase1 handled the adds since they melee for corruption damage. Xavius hits like a truck though my health was spiking pretty hard even with 3 healers (11 people in raid). we have the two people with the blades burn sprints/disengages/hunter jump thing to jump to the side of the room so the blades travel parallel to the raid down the side. they dont hit *that* hard so if you fail 1 its not a total wipe. you need to be able to burn him to 65% before the third add, if the third big add shows up he's going to enter 65 with it still up and youre going to have issues dealing with the slow walking abominations. its also important that if you are dreaming most cooldowns will reset when you wake up, i think its any cooldown 4 minutes or less. last stand and meta does not reset.

during phase 2 we bring him to the center of the room and have the top 2 ranged dps burn the adds (with 11 people we had 2 adds i think, with 25 we had 4 at a time) everyone else focuses on xavius to get him to 60% so he'll sleep the raid and you can deal with the massive puddles to kill the adds completely. people awake need to not stand in the puddles, during this phase when you get the "blackened" debuff as a tank either blow every cool down you have and pray or tank swap. the other tank during this phase was at 99% corruption (i was asleep) so i had to tank him the last 10% with blackened and healers had to blow its very important you get him from 65 to 60 as fast as possible so you can be cleansed.

phase 3 is when the big tentacles spawn we just lusted and ignored the tentacles, we let people get MC'd due to the buff you get for 150% healing and damage and just burned him down. we had 3 dead at the end due to MC's.

this is probably not the most optimal way of doing it, and wont work on heroic. its a very chaotic fight toward the end with people doing so many things individually.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are there any plans to allow gem/enchants to change based on spec like gear does now? If not, well fuck my druid I guess. Force me into alt playing a chicken fuck

I think this is something that they have never really considered owing to how different specs were really dependent on different gear in the past. Now that we are well into the era where your armor has different stats and even set bonuses based on what spec you are currently in rather than what spec you chose when you turned in your token, it might be worthwhile investigating the possibility of having spec-dependent enchants and gems. Raises issues though because what do you do about the person who doesn't want or need for their enchants / gems to switch when they change specs?