World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Takes less than 5 minutes...guild cloak to org, hearth back to quest hub or take the zandalari portal and glider.

I still think the benefits of warmode are worth it, then when you hit 120 you never have to turn it on again because pvp is terrible in this game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Tested btw, with the transmog changes in 8.0 with legacy loot mode (makes the raid/dungeon drop gear as if the group was full) it allows LFR to actually drop multiple pieces of loot per boss instead of being forced personal like it has been for years. So you can actually go farm old LFR content and actually get items.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
War mode is going to be terrible at the lower levels for the all the same reasons world pvp is terrible in legion.... legendaries. Stupid, broken legendaries.

You guys are crazy turning it on while leveling. I've played on PvP servers my entire WoW career but world pvp as it stands right now (and will at least initially in BfA) is especially frustrating. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I was watching R1 arena pvp'ers getting shit on at 120 by people who were 110.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Nope they are still there, enjoy your 25g token.
Hopefully.

There is at least one token who has a 25g merchant price indicated, but every merchant gives a "The merchant does not want that item" message. Can't use the icon to recognise it; there are other tokens that share the same icon and sell normally.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't WQ give you 250 guild rep each? I think they do. That makes exalted very fast to get. Making a low level fresh alt to grind leveling quests would probably be slower...

I know they bumped the amount per quest back when they took out all the cool guild perks, and if WQs work, I guess that might be better. At this point though, grinding WQs sounds just as bad as leveling an alt.

When Khane asked about the mounts, I remembered I had a level 80 alt in F&F with Serious Casual, which should have the cheves; logged him in, and boom, no guild. I guess they cleaned the roster some time in the last 3 years. Wah wah wahhhh....

I wouldn't use war mode as a PVE'er to try and level faster, if you don't run into any griefers it might net you a small gain but even one asshole can cost you far more than you would ever gain in increased xp.

It depends on the class/spec I was on, to decide if I was going to do warmode or not. Stealth or Tank, would be 100% warmode, and mass pull tank is the fastest way to level anyway. If I was Mage/Hunter/Shaman, I may think twice. For priests if you want to level Disc, it is, still, near unkillable in 1v1 and even 1v2.

That is how I will decide on warmode status for alts. When it comes to the first 16 hours of release, I dont think you will see enough of the other side, on your own islands, for it to be slower. A greifer looking to pvp straight away, and actually able to find someone, before boredom sets in, would need to have played beta and know where the other side's quest hubs are. Then, if they rush straight to the starting areas they would get zerged, and rushing to outlying areas will be, either too sparsely populated to find enough people to grief, or as the day/night progresses, a zerg fest too.

On the other hand, thinking more about the opposing islands on release day, I may change my original plan of 100% warmode. I can remeber at least 1 area per outpost that will overlap with opposing quest areas that I am unsure of thier phased status. If they turn out not to be phased, they will probably be swarming by the time I can get there. I may wait until 118 and do all the outposts in a row. Since toggling warmode at that time will be rather easy. You dont spend a whole lot of with each outpost, since there are only 15 to 20 quests, at most, for setting them up.

Last edited:

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully.

There is at least one token who has a 25g merchant price indicated, but every merchant gives a "The merchant does not want that item" message. Can't use the icon to recognise it; there are other tokens that share the same icon and sell normally.

Every AP token sells for gold. It ranges from 10g - 100g. The only ones that don't sell for gold are tokens you may have gotten last Tuesday after the patch. It took them a few hours to hotfix it, so if you have any of those left you will have to just delete them.

Warmode is probably worth it until you start running into the other faction. After that, I can't imagine it being faster.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
World PvP in this game is just an awful gankfest. I hope warmode becomes a bunch of 120s running trains on level 60 toons in another month.

Also Khane they changed the level scaling bonuses in PvP.

xzi

Mouthbreather
War mode is going to be terrible at the lower levels for the all the same reasons world pvp is terrible in legion.... legendaries. Stupid, broken legendaries.

You guys are crazy turning it on while leveling. I've played on PvP servers my entire WoW career but world pvp as it stands right now (and will at least initially in BfA) is especially frustrating. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I was watching R1 arena pvp'ers getting shit on at 120 by people who were 110.

It won't matter at launch because you're not going to the other factions side until max level anyways, but in a few weeks while leveling alts it's going to be the worst. But I'm only turning it on for my main so meh

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I for one am going to be playing with it on 24/7 on my main (unless I'm feeling carebear and want some bear asses to cook). I can't wait to wait until somebody is at 50% hp grinding mobs and throw hammers at their stupid face. Warmode is going to be so much fun before flying is a thing. Then it's gonna go back to being regular wpvp where you res and just fly away, booo

Kurn admits he loves hot bear asses. Paladins confirmed gay for yet another xpac.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Every AP token sells for gold. It ranges from 10g - 100g. The only ones that don't sell for gold are tokens you may have gotten last Tuesday after the patch. It took them a few hours to hotfix it, so if you have any of those left you will have to just delete them.
Given that I was still getting 25g tokens that were refused by the merchant this weekend, I doubt it. And it's exactly one model of 25g token, the last of which I got from a mission on sunday. Every other sold fine (we EU got the hotfix along with the patch).

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
For any FoH guild members who are still around, or people who plan on (re)joining us in BfA, please go fill this out so we can start figuring out who's gonna do what.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cRap516HdSwsXhNUTjiHqhFiEYZnCLPlecnIDQf4p2w/edit?usp=sharing

People who aren't joining us, feel free to fill it out anyway. That way, we have a list of everyone's b.net ids, at least, and if you want to hang with us on a raid or three, we know what you can bring to the table.

To confirm any and all lurkers are able to join the forum bro guild, right? I’ve come back and started playing some with a fellow lurker and we were thinking of transferring over to horde since alliance sucks and all that jazz. Who do we neee to contact if we move over?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
To confirm any and all lurkers are able to join the forum bro guild, right? I’ve come back and started playing some with a fellow lurker and we were thinking of transferring over to horde since alliance sucks and all that jazz. Who do we neee to contact if we move over?

We have been accepting of any and all, lurkers, dickweeds, poopsockers, autistic potatoes, casuals, faggots, trannies, incels, you have to be some kind of ultra cunt for us to not let you play in the forum guild. Which believe it or not there have been a couple who have crossed that line.

You can probably hit up Alkorin, Xzi, Kaige, Exile or a few others who still log on regularly for now or just PM one of them. Otherwise just message someone online I am sure when the BfA prepatch and shit hits you will see an influx of people online.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Confirmed. Anyone, lurkers included, is welcome.

Right now, anyone Member or higher can invite, so pretty much anyone who's on should be able to help out. If not, just post here. Kaige Kaige and I are on regularly enough.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Usually if I'm on Discord I'm available to log on. If you do ask in Discord, try to actually be online and receptive to a guild invite. Also turn off Block Guild Invites in the interface.

Too many times I've logged on immediately after someone makes an invite request, only to be left hanging.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Whoever designed the healer mage tower should be fired. 6 phases? You serious bro?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That fucker made me want to smash my keyboard. Then my win, I nailed everything perfect. I really sucked it up in there. As a Paladin even. Also, fat fingered drums once. Pretty much paused before the ghost phase and made a sandwich.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's how I beat it on my paladin at 900 when it came out lol all the downtime between phases just went afk and waited for my drums to come back. I just did it on my MW at 960 and it was a fucking joke, it's hilarious how much gear influences the "test of skill" - although I did wipe once because I forgot about the last phase and was sitting at full hp so i nuked my entire party lol

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
We have been accepting of any and all, lurkers, dickweeds, poopsockers, autistic potatoes, casuals, faggots, trannies, incels, you have to be some kind of ultra cunt for us to not let you play in the forum guild. Which believe it or not there have been a couple who have crossed that line.

You can probably hit up Alkorin, Xzi, Kaige, Exile or a few others who still log on regularly for now or just PM one of them. Otherwise just message someone online I am sure when the BfA prepatch and shit hits you will see an influx of people online.

Perfect thanks BoozeCube BoozeCube and Alkorin Alkorin . We will hit you guys or Kaige Kaige up for an invite soon.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Tested btw, with the transmog changes in 8.0 with legacy loot mode (makes the raid/dungeon drop gear as if the group was full) it allows LFR to actually drop multiple pieces of loot per boss instead of being forced personal like it has been for years. So you can actually go farm old LFR content and actually get items.
Sweet. The LFR set for TOS was quite nice for druids but I'll be fucked if I'm gonna actually do LFR enough to get all the pieces until BFA. Some of the older LFR sets make for some nice alt pieces, too.