Horde or Alliance

• Total voters

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't really remember threat being an issue for us but maybe I was just a god

Or our DPS just never discussed holding back threat, ever

Kiki

Log Wizard
Our dps/threat issues were insane between our warriors, mages, and rogues. Salv would have potentially given us 30% more dps? That's huge. Like we gotta wait 3-5 sunders during pulls, Ony Phase 3, Vael. Fears and pulling aggro were hands down the things that wiped us the most (both of which get mitigated with alliance)

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Rogues shouldn't be having an issue as they can vanish to wipe aggro. Warriors and Mages sure.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Threat wasn't an issue in Vanilla except for retard DPS on multi-mob packs, or wing buffet mechanic.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They also had the private server numbers wrong on Boss parry (14% on classic, 5% on private) and dodge (6.5% on classic, 5% on private) so threat generation will be even further lowered than private. I do seem to remember early parry/dodge chains making things more interesting, plus a Boss parry will spike dmg output on the tank.

That and obviously you probably wont be able to stack every world buff known to man on a classic server. Flasks will be far harder to come by because the Black Lotus spawn is waaaay lower on classic.

Longer fights means more mana issues as well.

Also they don't have the scripts right on private servers, their Ony deep breath is totally wrong according to blizz devs for example.

As a mage in vanilla we used to give the Tank 2-3 sunders before starting generally.

Raiding will be harder on live, but obviously having the encounters being tuned/not broken and known will make things far easier than the first go round.

I'm still questioning the 20 people in blues thing but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Threat wasn't an issue in Vanilla except for retard DPS on multi-mob packs, or wing buffet mechanic.
Wrong. Threat was definitely an issue through AQ40. I'd have to wand Huhuran just to build up a buffer before for the 30% enrage and I could go full dps and burn her.

I ate shit on a few bosses as a mage with rolling ignites. And in BWL, I'd have to wand quite a few times and got super salty watching the rogues and hunter drop combat so they could continue dps.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don't worry guys I am sure a few more retards will show up and say stupid shit about how threat didn't matter with nothing to back it up.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Our rogues would pull aggro even after vanish. Alliance has the worst two raid issues mitigated very well, while horde got shit on constantly, less quests, worse AV map, etc. We only started getting decent shit once they decided that pallies could be for everyone, then they nerfed pallies and buffed shamans. Assholes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The quest thing was pretty much a myth still perpetuated even though it was resolved by 1.12 for horde. In fact the speed runner dude, Joana, which played both factions extensively said that horde had more quests and shit to do in the 30-50 area (and more grind spots) when they filled that shit out by end of vanilla (1.12)

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd be okay with alliance, Blessing of Salvation is nice, though Chain Heal is nicer. But I think Sebudai Sebudai hates alliance.

I'd say I'm half joking around. I mostly love orcs and just play orcs in games that have orcs. Push come to shove I'll play whatever faction. However, no offense to all the good Alliance guilds out there, but I guarantee Horde attracted more good players. We assumed a bunch of shitty players would want to be Night Elves and I'm pretty sure we were right.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Quite honestly I have never ever rolled an alliance character ever. I even felt dirty when I made my blood elf pally.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I recall being jealoux that NE Hunters could cast aimed shot and it wouldn't break their racial stealth. I think they patched that eventually.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm rolling on a pvp server in the west coast datacenter, if that aligns with the guild or with other peoples interests that's cool, if not so be it.

I may be into helping run a guild but I also have some crazy ideas for things we could do for fun people may not be into. (bunch of grumpy old fucks <3)

One of those ideas involves Gnomes so that would necessitate Alliance. That said there is still a lot of time left to think about this shit so who knows, I'll probably change my mind 100 times before launch, but not about the pvp/west coast thing.

One thing I'd prefer is if whatever raiding guild I'm in has fun and whomever is RL'ing knows when to relax and make raids fun while still getting shit done.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
The quest thing was pretty much a myth still perpetuated even though it was resolved by 1.12 for horde. In fact the speed runner dude, Joana, which played both factions extensively said that horde had more quests and shit to do in the 30-50 area (and more grind spots) when they filled that shit out by end of vanilla (1.12)

I just remember the hell it caused, there was a section with no quests whatsoever at one point if I recall. I'm sure they eventually fixed it but it left a sour taste in our mouths. The alliance quests were so much more interesting as well as more numerous for quite a long time, the difference was quite distinct. Horde was just the red-headed stepchild that got hand-me-downs for the beginning. You could tell that side of the 'war' was a bit rushed comparatively. I don't remember 1.12 specifically and I don't play on private servers so hopefully the QOL is a bit better now. Classic>BC>LK is all a combined blur to me. LK UOWOW was pretty fun after that.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I'd say I'm half joking around. I mostly love orcs and just play orcs in games that have orcs. Push come to shove I'll play whatever faction. However, no offense to all the good Alliance guilds out there, but I guarantee Horde attracted more good players. We assumed a bunch of shitty players would want to be Night Elves and I'm pretty sure we were right.
This seems like a sound hypothesis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Other than paladins being really good for a few key encounters the only time I remember Horde being screwed was the faggot devs completely fucking over shaman during their class review despite the fact that we basically fucking did it for them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Other than paladins being really good for a few key encounters the only time I remember Horde being screwed was the faggot devs completely fucking over shaman during their class review despite the fact that we basically fucking did it for them.
Could've been like bfa. They promised for months and then at bfa launch said sry didn't have enough time

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Threat on mage was sometimes a balancing act, never noticed an issue with lock aside from Slapass's CC breaking perhaps. Threat meter was essential to me so I could push DPS and not get yelled at, I'm terrible at guessing how much is too much. I still think it was being Frost in MC though, that's the only time it was a true PITA, combination of better UI mods, players getting better gear, skill, and class improvements made things easier.

I played a rogue most of TBC, not sure if it was the class, but threat seemed more of big deal in that expansion.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I have a feeling that most of the raid shit will be done this time with 20-30 hardcore peeps tops. No pallys needed.

12 man MC was done recently, near BIS on the characters

The competition on private servers is about improving clear times, not doing it with less people.