X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jean Grey was useless (and more than a few other mutants) in the old cartoon, for two primary reasons, the first of which being the attempt at keeping the show acceptable for younger viewers. The second being the complete and utter lack of imagination and creativity they used applying said powers, though to be fair that obviously feeds back into reason number one.

I would very much love to see DC's animation teams responsible for some of the grimdark gems they've been releasing, take a crack at a remake of the X-men cartoon with at least a PG-13 rating or higher. If you went full Rated R, true to the comics, capabilities.... I don't think my penis can get that hard without dying.

spronk

FPS noob
While the film originally wrapped production in October 2017, the filmmakers decided to revamp the look of Phoenix in post (more “cosmic” and less “flamy,” according to the director) and shoot a new third act (instead of taking place in space, the climax finds all the X-Men kidnapped and on board a military train).

d56864b5b945413f35b860fe958f1e36bf6e461f67c320035a4328be5777f418.jpg

• 4WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Inque

FunEmployed
Yep and the way they cut trailers nowadays the spoilers are in there; Saw the train scene, saw Magneto raising up the machine guns and she's just like, oh cool I'm gonna pretend this is Chronicle and just hard stop all the bullets. Yea, Fox has had seven movies and two complete relaunch of X-Men to get this right; Dumpster it and let the pro's take over, FINALLY.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The sad part is that with this being a second cinematic swing at the iconic story there is likely no chance of getting a third to do it properly. Hell at this point Disney is going to have to completely rethink the whole nature of who and what the Xmen represent in order to have relevance.

Do they still play up the fear aspect? That might have worked during the Civil War era but probably not so much post-snap when people realize that the super powered people is what saved them.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The sad part is that with this being a second cinematic swing at the iconic story there is likely no chance of getting a third to do it properly. Hell at this point Disney is going to have to completely rethink the whole nature of who and what the Xmen represent in order to have relevance.

Do they still play up the fear aspect? That might have worked during the Civil War era but probably not so much post-snap when people realize that the super powered people is what saved them.

Well apparently Marvel cancelled all X-Men comic books and are relaunching.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
strangely enough, Danny Divito at least has the wolverine height part on lockdown. Not sure if he could pull the grizzly voice off though

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Another reboot?
Devito? I could watch that.
Danny DeVito as Wolverine? 16,000 fans petition for comedian to star in rumored 'X-Men' reboot

“The only man able to take the throne after Hugh Jackman,” the petition's creator stated. “We believe that if Wolverine is to make an appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that the only man able to pull it off is Danny DeVito.”
People are retarded. Wolverine is the furthest from heroes that pop into my head when I think about Danny DeVito.

Honestly, he fits Spawn's "The Clown" to a 'T'.
pKc3DKh.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They are showing adverts for this on Twitch, rapidly cut barely showing anything 15 second spot...

Still looks like a still smouldering but freshly put out garbage fire and smells twice as bad.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I’ll probably see this only because Nightcrawler is in it and he’s fucking awesome. But it’s almost certainly a pile of crap movie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This and New Mutants are total throw away films at this point. Disney will just release it knowing it's not their trash and try to scrape up any money they can. I will be shocked if New Mutants actually makes it to theaters. I assume it'll be Disney+ fodder or straight to DVD/VoD.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's setting records come opening day.

Its a bomb. Alex Alex