X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Molten Core Raider
Reviews are starting to come online, when IGN gives your movie a 6.3 there's dark days ahead (for comparison, they rated Apocalypse a 7).

Jive Turkey

Karen
Yep and the way they cut trailers nowadays the spoilers are in there; Saw the train scene, saw Magneto raising up the machine guns and she's just like, oh cool I'm gonna pretend this is Chronicle and just hard stop all the bullets. Yea, Fox has had seven movies and two complete relaunch of X-Men to get this right; Dumpster it and let the pro's take over, FINALLY.

An X-men movie with the MCU tone will be fucking awesome

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Days of Future Past was one of my favorite comic book movies ever made. It made Wolverine likable and built on what was good with first class. Its been a shit ride since then and I think it can be directly tied to JLaw and others like her just phoning it in while focusing on their virtue signaling hobby. Between her and that Sansa bitch running their mouths, I was already going to hard pass on this movie. But after that clip? I doubt I will even watch this when its out on cable at this point. X-Men was always going to be an issue in the age of the Oppression Olympics because it feeds into the victim complex more than any other comics franchise, but Fox has a special talent for turning the shit knobs up to eleven with its comic book IPs. Even when a good movie accidentally gets made, whatever follows ends up being consistently terrible (think everything post Spiderman 2 as one example). You think someone would have taken a break from kid diddling, snorting coke, and Trump bashing to notice how fucking terrible Xmen3 was and reconsidered this whole thing from the ground up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS- Holy shit they literally had the writer for X3 working on this. Who in the fuck signed off on that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PS- Holy shit they literally had the writer for X3 working on this. Who in the fuck signed off on that?
omg, this is so unbelievable, i had to confirm!, he's not also the writer, he's the director too!
b35fe1ff68a12b613c89f8388e9c2315.png

a77848dc85572b679310575e37509f8b.png

he also wrote fantastic four, the one w/ emo doom, wth, kill this guy!

• 1Blown
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
omg, this is so unbelievable, i had to confirm!, he's not also the writer, he's the director too!
b35fe1ff68a12b613c89f8388e9c2315.png

a77848dc85572b679310575e37509f8b.png

he also wrote fantastic four, the one w/ emo doom, wth, kill this guy!

WOW that guy must have a finely tuned instinct for shitting on valuable property.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
From wiki:
He received a lifetime achievement award from the Saturn Awards in 2016.

He was named #61 on the list of 100 most powerful people in Hollywood by The Hollywood Reporter in 2016. The same year, The Hollywood Reporter named Kinberg as the highest-paid screenwriter in Hollywood with a record US$16 million for two X-Men scripts, and named him as one of the highest paid producers in Hollywood with US$40 million for Deadpool in their annual Hollywood Salaries issue.

The world is a joke

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that the entire modern concept of X-men doesn't even make sense in the social context anymore.

80s and 90s X-men was about being weird and being ostracized and persecuted for being weird.

We live in a world where the weirdos won.

• 9Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users