X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure how it works now with Scarlet Witch but she would be the only other female mutant that I could see as a lead. If Disney ever gets broken up for anti trust reason they can do the House of M and end it with no more mutants as an f you on the way out. I'm guessing we will probably see Storm as a support at some point if they go the queen of Wakanda route.

No, MORE mutants.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

was looking at the number of movies based on Marvel comics per year
(not counting Men in Black/Kingsmen etc)

3 so far this year, plus Spiderman, and maybe New Mutants (might be 2020)
Silver & Black was supposed to come out Winter this year, but was canceled and the idea for 2 solo movies
Black Cat then Silver Sable, don't see either of them making it to the big screen
Black Window movie just started shooting for 2020 release
2021 will have spider-verse Spider-Gwen movie
2022 probably cap marvel 2
then will be Eternals phase so no idea after that

anyway, think D will take it back down to 2-3 movies per year, with more showing up a series or movies on D+

Ladro

Anomaly
I just hope this is the end of having to see Jennifer Lawrence in anything that might matter. Was sick of her shit years ago.
I have good news for you!

Mystique dies in the first half, her character is gone.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Say what you want about Captain Marvel but the story was infinitely better than this pile of trash. I think the rewrites absolutely made this worse as apparently this was supposed to be more like Civil War than Captain Marvel, Fox wanted to compete and got shown their ass.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I just hope this is the end of having to see Jennifer Lawrence in anything that might matter. Was sick of her shit years ago.

Aforementioned Fappening went a long way of explaining why she kept getting roles despite being painfully bleh as an actress. Only thing that seemed to explain it before that was her driving off the same tank of gas from the Hunger Games.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It takes a lot of talent coming together to make a masterpiece movie, and likewise, it takes a lot more than just 1-2 shitters to make something this terrible. The actresses were awful and delivering totally uninspired performances, of very often just garbage written lines, with numerous seemingly missed opportunites to just set up the whole plot environment or story better.

This isn't a couple chicks sucking dick for a part and failing at it. Everyone involved here was chugging cocks. Maybe not magneto. Maybe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its the same reason why all of these fail. Too many chefs in the kitchen. The corporation decided there would be a dark pheonix movie then another somebody decided certain diversity boxes needed to be ticked off, then another somebody decided they didnt like how everything was going so they greenliit reshoots with a different director. Then yet another somebody was really disgusted with the results and shelved the film for 3 years. Then 3 years later, a disney somebody said fuck it, release this shitball. 350 million dollar bomb was made

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Aforementioned Fappening went a long way of explaining why she kept getting roles despite being painfully bleh as an actress. Only thing that seemed to explain it before that was her driving off the same tank of gas from the Hunger Games.

Its been confirmed she was Harvey's pet project back when he was the big swinging dick that people feared when they saw the Caller ID pop up. I'm not saying she needed Harvey to make her, she was hellbent on sleeping her way through Hollywood regardless, but she gave it up to Harvey and for Harvey that was prime tail-- she was very young.

Harvey demonstrated an ability to block castings and make castings that had absolutely fuckall to do with Miramax or his company. Making him one of the most powerful figures in Hollywood-- and J-Lau busted out to him. Nuff said.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its been confirmed she was Harvey's pet project back when he was the big swinging dick that people feared when they saw the Caller ID pop up. I'm not saying she needed Harvey to make her, she was hellbent on sleeping her way through Hollywood regardless, but she gave it up to Harvey and for Harvey that was prime tail-- she was very young.

Harvey demonstrated an ability to block castings and make castings that had absolutely fuckall to do with Miramax or his company. Making him one of the most powerful figures in Hollywood-- and J-Lau busted out to him. Nuff said.

Always good to know things work the way they have forever.

spronk

FPS noob
first 20 mins is pretty good, then 20 mins of starting to suck, then 30 mins of full on double fist shafting, then 45 minutes of piranha teeth syphilis infested boils-on-tongue-hooker with super-aids suckapocalypse.

just watch the first 20 mins at home and then turn it off and make up the rest of the movie in your head, it'll be infinitely better

one thing maybe someone can answer: why don't the governments of the world hunt down and exterminate every mutant at the end of this movie? Thats what the entire movie sets up and offers absolutely no reason why it wouldn't happen.

• 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
Turned it off right at the point where she said "what do you think the X in X-Men stands for," FML this was shit.

Fucker

Log Wizard

It's an open secret she sucked him off for roles. As soon as he vanished, so did her career. She skipped the Oscars last year trying to hang low and hope that people will forget she was his personal jizz rag on speed dial.

$5 says she eventually tries to spin it was being a victim of his in an attempt to restore credibility.

Good luck with that.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
first 20 mins is pretty good, then 20 mins of starting to suck, then 30 mins of full on double fist shafting, then 45 minutes of piranha teeth syphilis infested boils-on-tongue-hooker with super-aids suckapocalypse.

just watch the first 20 mins at home and then turn it off and make up the rest of the movie in your head, it'll be infinitely better

one thing maybe someone can answer: why don't the governments of the world hunt down and exterminate every mutant at the end of this movie? Thats what the entire movie sets up and offers absolutely no reason why it wouldn't happen.
Because that was Days of Future Past.