You realize this guy from Home Alone
755A0BA7-9042-4A9A-B3BF-C89B199D4A70.jpeg

Really isn’t that creepy looking

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
...your "dentist" gives you a small tube of Fixodent instead of a toothbrush as your exit gift.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
58 years of perfect blood pressure and now the Doc is like time to go on low dose blood pressure meds. He told me "don't be down most of my patients in the late 40's or 50 are already on them. You exceeded expectations."

On the bright side. he doesnt like new experimental drugs so the one he gave me is 40 years old and has zero known serious side effects. Tons of generics. Cost me 87 cents for a two week trial dose with insurance.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
58 years of perfect blood pressure and now the Doc is like time to go on low dose blood pressure meds. He told me "don't be down most of my patients in the late 40's or 50 are already on them. You exceeded expectations."

On the bright side. he doesnt like new experimental drugs so the one he gave me is 40 years old and has zero known serious side effects. Tons of generics. Cost me 87 cents for a two week trial dose with insurance.
Guessing good ol fashioned Lisinopril...

In India they have what they call the "middle age man combo" which is a pill which combines Lisinopril, Furosemide (water pill), and some Statin for cholesterol. It's something like .02 a day for it over there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when all your friends conversations start with "went to the doctor this week and he told me...."

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

die-hard-bruce-willis.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guessing good ol fashioned Lisinopril...

In India they have what they call the "middle age man combo" which is a pill which combines Lisinopril, Furosemide (water pill), and some Statin for cholesterol. It's something like .02 a day for it over there.
Hydrochlorothiazide. I inverted the price. its 38 cents for 30 pills. If I have to be on a maintenance drug, i prefer the one that costs a penny a day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

was reading the rustling your jimmies thread last night and thinking about lurkingdirk falling down the stairs. when i was 12 or so, neighbor next door fell down the stairs and died. only knew her by her last name, but mostly just referred to her as the old lady. just realized she was probably mid 50's and just few years older than me now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was reading the rustling your jimmies thread last night and thinking about lurkingdirk falling down the stairs. when i was 12 or so, neighbor next door fell down the stairs and died. only knew her by her last name, but mostly just referred to her as the old lady. just realized she was probably mid 50's and just few years older than me now.
when i was a kid it was like i was always falling down the stairs from our second floor. i had a lot of close calls as a kid. either it was falling or getting run over or drowning or dying in a fire. i was always almost one step away from dirtnapping it. and of course i never told anyone because i woud get in trouble by my parents for doing dumb shit. i probably almost died a few dozen times by the time i was 15.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
When all your family members start dying...within the last 5 years I have lost my mom (alzheimer's) 3 sisters (1 heart attack and 2 to cancer) 2 Brother in laws (They both had covid when they passed so they are counted as covid deaths) 4 cousins and an uncle (last of my mom's siblings). That's how you know you're getting fucking old.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 4Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 12 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When all your family members start dying...within the last 5 years I have lost my mom (alzheimer's) 3 sisters (1 heart attack and 2 to cancer) 2 Brother in laws (They both had covid when they passed so they are counted as covid deaths) 4 cousins and an uncle (last of my mom's siblings). That's how you know you're getting fucking old.
i was the opposite. i lost about 95% of my family by the time i turned 19. aunts, uncles, all 4 grandparents, gone. in my 20s all i had left was my mom, dad and sister. its just me and mom now.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You realize you have less time left then you've lived.
This ties in for me with the statement of "You start realizing that if you buy something that is of high enough quality it might be that last of that particular thing you ever have to buy" (i.e. cars, clothes, etc...)

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My most recent AAA card

AAA2-S.jpg

My mom enrolled me when I left for college.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf