Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a winner

1544996865955.png

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If critics don't like it, it's probably good.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"The movie should have been about dying coral reefs" Excellent criticism A+ would read again.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Eric Kohn's review is the best. You mean my super hero action film DOESN'T have an ecological message? THANK YOU. JFC.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Most of the reviews I've seen floating around the internet have been some variation of "it's a big dumb over-the-top spectacle, but it's a fun one." That's something I can work with.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
"The movie should have been about dying coral reefs" Excellent criticism A+ would read again.

This made me lol. I logged into SWTOR the other day and there were 2 dudes ranting about coral reefs and how Trump should be protecting them instead of building the wall.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
He wants to build a wall of coral reefs between us and Cuba.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed this movie very much, it didn't take itself seriously, lots of great action, CGI was amazing. Momoa is perfect in this role.

It's basically a dragon ball z movie on a big screen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Saw this last night and really liked it. It felt like there was more than a bit left on the editing room floor, some stuff felt a little disjointed but overall it worked. The music and audio cues at times gave me serious Flash Gordon vibes. The movie would have been nowhere near as entertaining with a different actor, Momoa was good.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this last night. I thought it was solid. I'd give it a 7/10. It's a unapologetic comic book film (good to see DC is learning, finally, to embrace that) that was perfectly OK pushing it's tropes pretty hard. Momoa is very solid in the lead , only a couple times do I think he might have pushed the "AquaBro" thing too much. The actress playing Mera was OK, but not great. Definite a visual spectacle, so probably better on bigger screens.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's at 68% TomatoMeter and 86% audience score. Definitely going this weekend.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah this movie legit felt like it could have easily been 4 hours long. So, I agree that it felt like a ton was left on the editing room floor, especially early on. Its good in a transformers way. It's tons of fun as long as you don't smell your own farts when it comes to movies. It is clearly written for a younger (young teens) audiance. I enjoyed it and my kids loved it so huge success in my eyes. The movie actually did have an ecological message but it was like yeah it is bad but humans aren't all evil because of it. It wasn't too bad as I am really alt right when it comes to that stuff but this really didn't bother me and even less so if it triggers the cuck fag critics.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's at 68% TomatoMeter and 86% audience score. Definitely going this weekend.

At the risk of things getting political.. It wouldn't surprise me if the critic scores are lower because aside from mentioning ocean pollution a couple times it doesn't make any effort at all in being "woke", and the only notable minority is, of course, the bad guy.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it started off a bit silly and some points got really silly, but goddamn was it a great movie. DC has another HUGE win. and no massive 9/11x100 destruction. i rate this equal or better than Wonder Woman. i highly recommend it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity