Avengers: Age of Ultron

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, fair enough. Yes, I missed the importance/relevance of "escaped from Wakanda" with the Vibranium. At the same time, they never indicate anything other than Wakanda. There are two main new locations in this movie, one is discussed, labeled, and indicated quite a bit (Sarkovia or whatever). Then they talk about Wakanda quite a bit, but the second location turns out to not be Wakanda? Ok, that's fine. It's just unclear enough for an avid comic fan who simply hasn't ever read anything Panther/Wakanda related to be like "wait, that wasn't Wakanda?"

But mostly I was just responding to or highlighting Gavin's stupid know-it-allsy unhelpful reply to McCheese. I never really had an opinion one way or the other.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But mostly I was just responding to or highlighting Gavin's stupid know-it-allsy unhelpful reply to McCheese. I never really had an opinion one way or the other.
Are you serious? Pull your fucking head out of your ass. I pointed out exactly why it was unlikely to be Wakanda. GTFO with your 'stupid know-it-allsy unhelpful' faggotry.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
If the wakandands were able to catch Klaw to brand him why didn't they get their vibranium back ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the wakandands were able to catch Klaw to brand him why didn't they get their vibranium back ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I've wondered the same thing. My guess (for the sake of it not being a plot hole) is that he made a clean getaway and was able to stash the stuff before T'Challa caught him.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
But Black Panther is Marvel's Batman, so he should have had a plan to follow him and find the vibranium.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe he went back for more after the first successful theft and got caught the second time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well my guess for the Black Panther movie is that they'll do some version of the plot they used for Earth's Mightiest, where M'Baku kills T'chaka and usurps rulership from Wakanda, probably with Klaw's help, and T'challa needs help taking Wakanda back.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fight with Hulk and Iron man was Johannesburg, South Africa. It not only was filmed there but was portrayed as itself.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Klaw left a store with a pack of gum he forgot to pay for. After serving his prison sentence and being branded a thief, he got an honest job in construction. His foreman was nice enough to let him borrow his black range rover for a holiday, but he accidentally grabbed the top secret government range rover in the same parking lot that was filled with vibranium. Klaw is really just misunderstood and he only looks mean in the movie because he's trying to get as much above market value for the vibranium so he can pay Wakanda back plus interest.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wakanda isn't really the type of country to just brand someone for stealing their national treasure. He got branded for stealing from them, but I don't he got caught stealing vibranium. He'd be dead if that happened. Another reason why they are most definitely NOT in wakanda. No way he's just hanging out there. That's the equivalent of stealing the crown jewels and renting an apartment across the street from the palace

Xevy

Log Wizard
For Cap 3 they're building a Wakanda set and it looks like a shanty town. I'm in the "that wasn't Wakanda" camp myself, but that could help confuse people even more. Also they better have an awesome underground super lab below that shanty town or... racism.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For Cap 3 they're building a Wakanda set and it looks like a shanty town. I'm in the "that wasn't Wakanda" camp myself, but that could help confuse people even more. Also they better have an awesome underground super lab below that shanty town or... racism.
Maybe Wakanda has fallen on hard times since M'baku usurped the throne.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably easier than trying to recreate the look of comic book/cartoon Wakanda in a live action film, but a full on shanty town does seem ridiculous. If M'baku did usurp rulership of Wakanda, wtf did T'challa do, sit around for 15 some odd years while M'baku ran the country into the ground before thinking about going for outside help? Except if M'baku was in charge of Wakanda, he probably would have just made a deal with Klaw to trade him the Vibranium, and I guarantee M'baku would have had Klaw killed if he stole from him, he wouldn't have just put a brand on his neck.

*edit*

Maybe Wakandans loyal to T'chaka/T'challa have been driven out of the country and forced to live in a shanty town in a nearby nation? That's assuming they go with the M'baku usurpation story of course.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Black Panther might be Marvels Batman, but in this case...

"He was NOT Prepared!"

<Ducks and runs>

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
If they are doing a shanty town then I'm guessing they're doing the underground advanced Wakanda that is built in and around the vibranium meteor. It looks run down on the surface.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is M'baku that man ape? I want to see a grown fat man dressed as a gorilla hucking spears at the avengers god damn it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If they are doing a shanty town then I'm guessing they're doing the underground advanced Wakanda that is built in and around the vibranium meteor. It looks run down on the surface.
This is basically the only thing that makes sense in the days of satellites and drones without some overwrought explanation.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised there's not a marvel version of Grodd. Every other character seems to be in both universes.