Avengers: Age of Ultron

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You are thinking of Grodd, He is a super intelligent telepathic ape. He is a DC property.
I'm not sure he is.
jabariwhitegorilla1.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, M'baku is the Man-Ape. But he's just a big dude in a costume just like Black Panther isn't actually part panther.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes, M'baku is the Man-Ape. But he's just a big dude in a costume just like Black Panther isn't actually part panther.
Except in those Ultimate Avengers animated movies from a few years ago. Which are both terrible and surprisingly similar to these movies at the same time.
rrr_img_98112.jpg

Itzena_sl

shitlord
They set up the registration act in AoS, except it will be called the "Index". The widespread emergence of Mutants will actually be Inhumans because of the events that happened in the season finale of AoS (i.e. fish oil). Next season of AoS will be all about the widespread emergence of people with powers.
Reminder: Agents of Shield is not canon for the cinematic universe.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those ultimate avengers movies weren't too bad, though yeah the scene where he actually turns into a man-panther is a bit odd.

The alien invasion of wakanda was cool to watch the city transform into siege mode, if they convert that to a real movie in a good way that'd be sweet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wat? They're in the same universe, and Fury was only able to save the people from the floating city because of his behind the scenes work with Coulson prepping the helicarrier in Agents of Shield. Now typically the relationship is that the movies establish the canon and the tv shows follow it. The only reason we haven't seen that reversed yet is because the tv shows have been small potatoes compared to the events of the movies. But if they do something potentially major in one of the TV shows, like say, exposing a substantial amount of people in America (and whatever other country) to the diviners via fish oil, the movies cannot retcon that or even pretend it didn't happen. At worst they'll dance around it if it doesn't really affect the movie, but it seems likely that this plot and the Index will be a major tie in to the Civil War plot.

rad

Lord of Guk
Not sure where you're getting this. I know there was some talk about Coulson being still dead in the MCU but if you watch the show its pretty apparent the two work off each other.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's Whedon saying that, not Feige, because he wanted Coulson dead for the purposes of his movies. I promise you that if they decide to have Coulson, or any other member of AoS for that matter, show up in a movie, they most certainly will. Other than that ONE quote, there is absolutely no indication that what happens on AoS does not happen in the MCU.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah Agents of Shield directly feeds off the MCU. Whedon just didn't want Coulson to show up in A2 because all the people who don't watch Agents of Shield would be like "What the fuck? Didn't Loki kill that guy? WHY HOW DID?"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And if they do use the 'whole bunch of random powered people thanks to the terrigen crystals' as a plot point in the movies, they'll have some sort of brief explanation in the movie that will be good enough for people who don't watch the tv show.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Except in those Ultimate Avengers animated movies from a few years ago. Which are both terrible and surprisingly similar to these movies at the same time.
rrr_img_98112.jpg
Wait, is that black panther white?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded the cam version just to check this out, and unfortunately the resolution is too shitty to really tell. There IS someone near Hawkeye that could be a woman, but it almost certainly isn't Captain Marvel. It looks like there are a bunch of random dead people lying around, mostly out of frame, and chances are this is just one of them that made it into a shot, but again...too hard to see. I would bet money that it isn't some sort of secret reveal spoiler or whatever that guy thinks it is though.

And no, that Black Panther isn't white. He's a smooth milk chocolate.