Casual Rerolled WoW guild - Hyjal Horde

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I did it back when BC/WotLK came out, so until Holy Shock was introduced, LayHands and bubbles were pretty much your only insta-cast type help.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fartbox is a really good pally healer. I wouldn't want 4x pally healers in a raid or anything, but they're still good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Okay, I do understand not dropping 15k on a full set of enchants if your guild is all about tinkering through Normal at a snails pace. But "cheap" gems/enchants are VERY cheap, and so are consumables... yet I join fucking heroic imperator groups and half the raid is missing flask and do not pre-pot.
My buddy asked tonight while doing heroic imp: "is it even worth pre-potting?"
I wanted to slap him.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Alavaz#1973

My pally is 643ish for healing gear or I have a priest 630ish I would heal Saturday's with.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looking at our normal butcher kill most people were over 20k with a few around 18k (and some 25+). If those are our numbers is there any reason we can't down H Butcher?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gun is a nice bump, now you need to craft ms/crit or ms/vers goggles and 3/3 them to last you until BRF.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While it's true that MM in particular benefits from a higher ilvl weapon, there's other things you can fix that should give a larger improvement:

Chimaera Shots - 1 per 9 seconds, never delay it for any reason (except twins if waiting 1-2 seconds *tops* will let the tank finish dragging them back together after a whirlwind or shield charge), make sure you have the focus to do it the instant it's off cooldown, etc.

Kill Shots - Same deal, except it's 2 every 10 sec during execute, only thing you ever want to delay it for is a Chimaera Shot. On fights like Brackenspore you should have a ton of Kill Shots from bursting down spore shooters and mind fungus, finishing off the big add, etc. Ditto on Ko'ragh, because you can Kill Shot his shield, and on Tectus to put down the adds and then the splits.

Gems/Enchants/Scope - You're still going for crit, but multistrike is the best stat for all 3 specs now. They're basically tied for MM, so it won't matter much if that's all you play, but crit is BM's worst stat and tied for a very distant second with versatility for SV. It's not worth going back and changing them now, except for the 35 crit gems and the megawatt filament, but any new items you get should be enhanced with multi.

Potions - I don't see any used in the logs from Sat. You had 250 flask though, so that's good.

Talents - TotH goes with Lone Wolf, Steady Focus (or TotH) goes with Focusing Shot. If you switch to SF/FS, remember that you only need to shoot one FS to get the SF buff. For raiding, Iron Hawk will keep you alive better than Spirit Bond. Barrage is fine to take on every boss, but don't actually use it on a single target as it's a dps loss.

Glyphs - Aspect of the Cheetah is a must-have imo. It makes a big difference on Brackenspore (flamethrower duty), Tectus (kiting the crystals while still dps'ing), Imperator, etc. I would always glyph Deterrence too for the survivability. And unless they fixed the bug, glyphed Stampede and Lone Wolf don't mix, if you even actually use Stampede over Crows.

Spec - Here's some sims of you on a 4 minute Patchwerk fight, which is fairly accurate for Butcher and no-stands-Kargath, moderately accurate for Ko'ragh (can't account for Kill Shots on the shield, fight lasts more like 5-6 minutes) and Imperator (doesn't account for the movement or phase changes, fight lasts 11-13 minutes).

MoonarchiaDPS.png

Note that Steady Focus + Lone Wolf is right at the bottom for both. The "_Multi" sims are with all your crit gems/enchants/scope swapped out for multistrike, so like I said above not really worth the gold except the really cheap stuff and the scope. Sims also undervalue TotH+FS for some reason I don't really understand other than it being partly due to movement. In the game, you may find that it's superior to SF+FS.

Last thing, I didn't bother to sim it, but I would advise switching to BM on Tectus. MM is still viable and within a few % of SV for all the other fights, but BM can double its dps on Tectus if the fight is done correctly. For spec you'd want: Steady Focus / Blink Strikes / Barrage / Focusing Shot (if you aren't extremely comfortable with the fight and planning ahead for movement, then use Adaptation). The goal of course being to keep Beast Cleaves up ~100% of the time from the moment he splits into motes.

Looking at our normal butcher kill most people were over 20k with a few around 18k (and some 25+). If those are our numbers is there any reason we can't down H Butcher?
With a competent second tank and the group that was there for N-Butcher (H-Kargath was a mess at the end, but we added Fartbox for normals), sure. Obviously no super-low ilvl people either, can't be adding hp to Butcher for no good reason.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
While it's true that MM in particular benefits from a higher ilvl weapon, there's other things you can fix that should give a larger improvement:

Chimaera Shots - 1 per 9 seconds, never delay it for any reason (except twins if waiting 1-2 seconds *tops* will let the tank finish dragging them back together after a whirlwind or shield charge), make sure you have the focus to do it the instant it's off cooldown, etc.

Kill Shots - Same deal, except it's 2 every 10 sec during execute, only thing you ever want to delay it for is a Chimaera Shot. On fights like Brackenspore you should have a ton of Kill Shots from bursting down spore shooters and mind fungus, finishing off the big add, etc. Ditto on Ko'ragh, because you can Kill Shot his shield, and on Tectus to put down the adds and then the splits.

Gems/Enchants/Scope - You're still going for crit, but multistrike is the best stat for all 3 specs now. They're basically tied for MM, so it won't matter much if that's all you play, but crit is BM's worst stat and tied for a very distant second with versatility for SV. It's not worth going back and changing them now, except for the 35 crit gems and the megawatt filament, but any new items you get should be enhanced with multi.

Potions - I don't see any used in the logs from Sat. You had 250 flask though, so that's good.

Talents - TotH goes with Lone Wolf, Steady Focus (or TotH) goes with Focusing Shot. If you switch to SF/FS, remember that you only need to shoot one FS to get the SF buff. For raiding, Iron Hawk will keep you alive better than Spirit Bond. Barrage is fine to take on every boss, but don't actually use it on a single target as it's a dps loss.

Glyphs - Aspect of the Cheetah is a must-have imo. It makes a big difference on Brackenspore (flamethrower duty), Tectus (kiting the crystals while still dps'ing), Imperator, etc. I would always glyph Deterrence too for the survivability. And unless they fixed the bug, glyphed Stampede and Lone Wolf don't mix, if you even actually use Stampede over Crows.

Spec - Here's some sims of you on a 4 minute Patchwerk fight, which is fairly accurate for Butcher and no-stands-Kargath, moderately accurate for Ko'ragh (can't account for Kill Shots on the shield, fight lasts more like 5-6 minutes) and Imperator (doesn't account for the movement or phase changes, fight lasts 11-13 minutes).

MoonarchiaDPS.png

Note that Steady Focus + Lone Wolf is right at the bottom for both. The "_Multi" sims are with all your crit gems/enchants/scope swapped out for multistrike, so like I said above not really worth the gold except the really cheap stuff and the scope. Sims also undervalue TotH+FS for some reason I don't really understand other than it being partly due to movement. In the game, you may find that it's superior to SF+FS.

Last thing, I didn't bother to sim it, but I would advise switching to BM on Tectus. MM is still viable and within a few % of SV for all the other fights, but BM can double its dps on Tectus if the fight is done correctly. For spec you'd want: Steady Focus / Blink Strikes / Barrage / Focusing Shot (if you aren't extremely comfortable with the fight and planning ahead for movement, then use Adaptation). The goal of course being to keep Beast Cleaves up ~100% of the time from the moment he splits into motes.

With a competent second tank and the group that was there for N-Butcher (H-Kargath was a mess at the end, but we added Fartbox for normals), sure. Obviously no super-low ilvl people either, can't be adding hp to Butcher for no good reason.
Yeah that other tank was fairly shitty. At least he knew what was sort of going on and I helped him along in tells (that's why a few bosses took time to setup). Poid is going to second tank and I feel pretty confident in him, although he is swaggy dps too.

Do my logs look any better this week? I swear I used defile 100% more. Haven't been able to look into them yet as browsing that site on my phone is a shit show.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that other tank was fairly shitty. At least he knew what was sort of going on and I helped him along in tells (that's why a few bosses took time to setup). Poid is going to second tank and I feel pretty confident in him, although he is swaggy dps too.
Yeah, his dps was abysmal and you died on a few occasions that I assumed were due to him not taunting when he was supposed to.

Do my logs look any better this week? I swear I used defile 100% more. Haven't been able to look into them yet as browsing that site on my phone is a shit show.
Going from memory when I looked at everyone yesterday:

Defile, much better. Still not perfect, could maybe benefit from cooldown timer addon. Do you use CompactRunes? It's improved my dps a lot, and should have the same benefit for tanking. I never have to look at action bars to see how long until Defile or anything else is off cooldown, procs (Crimson Scourge and Dark Succor in your case) are displayed right next to runes instead of using the Blizzard auras.

Next project: Blood Tap. You cap on runic power a lot, which means you could be doing more Death Coils, which in turn gives you more blood charges--which you also seem to cap on, but AMR isn't the best for tracking that--to Blood Tap more. More Blood Taps means more runes, means significantly more dps (or healing if you need the Death Strikes, but you shouldn't on normal). In addition to showing the other stuff above, CompactRunes also shows your blood charges (always Tap immediately upon hitting 10) and your runic power in the same general area.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use weak auras i think and it pops defile up, I'm just shitty and focusing a bit more on survival on the butcher. On bosses like tectus I have tunnel vision on other shit, that's all kn me.

My deaths were actually from no one healing me lol. Although he wasn't tanking any adds at all so that is part of it too.