Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the release of a AAA ARPG that's been the most anticipated title in the last 5 years .

Did you just copy/paste that from some trash "gaming journalist" article? Thanks though, I needed a chuckle this early in the morning.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The capstone dungeon is a joke with the exception of the final boss, he is a really good encounter if you try to solo him at 62-63ish (and it feels good to fight, I wish there were more fights like him) but 57 is incredibly low, I would have been impressed if you got him at that level.
The level you need to be for it to be fun is entirely dependent on whether you get 1 shot by everything he does or not. At 62 (or 61 don’t remember) as a sorc he still one shot me. Now I could have probably eventually smashed my head against the wall to get it done, but it’s definitely not worth the time.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The level you need to be for it to be fun is entirely dependent on whether you get 1 shot by everything he does or not. At 62 (or 61 don’t remember) as a sorc he still one shot me. Now I could have probably eventually smashed my head against the wall to get it done, but it’s definitely not worth the time.

You can get 1 shot by a fair amount of the mechanics at 65+ as well. There are a lot of ways for every class to barrier / avoid this provided you put the time into the build. That's why it's a fun encounter.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There will never be an S-tier ARPG, they've been played-out for over 20 years now. Every entry in this deadend genre is immediately reduced to meta considerations of builds and equipment loadouts because the actual gameplay has such little significance in the design.

I can imagine a future ARPG that's nothing but a configurable automated combat simulation to be even more successful with their core audience of autistic theorycrafting retards.
The genre doesn't get many games and it's all Blizzard employees, ex Blizzard employees, Korean Blizzard fanboys and New Zealand ex Blizzard fanboys.

It needs some fresh blood and a redefinition in the way that Elden Ring redefined open world RPGs by upping the difficulty and trashing the satnav.

It can absolutely get an S tier game again.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I can guarantee the first big patch will be 90% nerfs to any Builds or skills that are actually effective. The remaining 10% will be to add rainbow dilators to the store
I will buy a rainbow dialator if you can use it on people in PVP.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
The genre doesn't get many games and it's all Blizzard employees, ex Blizzard employees, Korean Blizzard fanboys and New Zealand ex Blizzard fanboys.

It needs some fresh blood and a redefinition in the way that Elden Ring redefined open world RPGs by upping the difficulty and trashing the satnav.

It can absolutely get an S tier game again.
Don't sleep on the grim dawn team

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am going to wait until the season starts to see what they have to offer. If its at least as interesting as POE League Lite (which is what they should be going for) then it will be okay. Seasons will make or break this. Guaranteed.

The basic QOL things this game desperately needs though. It needs them in under a year. Probably under 6 months. Like I get they wanted to avoid a auction house issue like in D3 but god damn. You NEED to let people trade fucking items. Holy shit.

Like if I can enjoy one or two POE leagues a year with a 300 hour time investment I need to be able to enjoy a D4 season with half that. While I drink beer and eat pretzels.

You can trade rares which are the most powerful items.... legendaries are a joke since it's just the bullshit affix and can and will be tied to the rare.

Thing is you need a 3rd party site to trade since in game is add aids, which means trade for money since there is nothing in game of value to trade for.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
42k consecutive users while also being #5 in play time in KR during the same time period over a year after release for an MMO while that time period also encompasses the release of a AAA ARPG that's been the most anticipated title in the last 5 years or so is 'literally a dead game'? You understand that places the population at about 150k in the West/Europe and the KR numbers are double that.
Lost Ark was actually the 4th most played Korean game in Dec. 2021. Now you're telling me it's 5th. So, its even bleeding players there too? Definitely not a dead game.

42k users doesn't mean shit when your user base is dropping literally every single month for the past 5 months. And not by small amounts, either. They're bleeding off 10+% every month. Can Amazon profit on a few, hardcore weebs? I guess we'll see in the coming months. At the very least I'd expect them to be shopping publishing rights around. But even if it keeps the lights on, how is a game that has failed to grow or keep steady its player-base not a dead game? The most positive thing I'll grant you is that it's a dying game.
New World isn't dead and they haven't had 42k consecutive players in the year 2023 where the market is only the West.
Also a dead/dying game. 42k? It barely cracked 20k this year.

1686588922779.png

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can get 1 shot by a fair amount of the mechanics at 65+ as well. There are a lot of ways for every class to barrier / avoid this provided you put the time into the build. That's why it's a fun encounter.
Yar, I was having issues finding a good barrier rolled item. The highest I had was ~900, to go over the top of my ~1800 hp, so I didn't think it would make much difference. I guess I should have tried to juggle some items around and also equip the 20% dmg resist for 6 seconds on a builder lego.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bunch of cry baby D4 hating faggots in here.

What's more interesting is how many people can't allow any criticism of this game and will blindly suck Blizzard's cock at the slightest half assed game release.

I don't think I've ever seen so many salty white knights for a game in this forum's history and I have nothing really bad to say about the game.

• 7Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
You have a lot of variety in the builders you choose to use to build up your resource to use your spenders. Builder variety is high.

Really great builders. Some of the best builders ever. Probably the best builders in the history of the US.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Biggest gripe is just how boring the game is. Fuck I tune in to watch some streamers, and the camera is so zoomed in, litterally cannot distinguish what one streamer is doing from another. One could be level 88 doing endgame shit, one could be 50 beating the campaign, one could be 13 just starting, and ALL LOOK THE SAME. Same boring looking dirt with zoomed in camera grinding through the same shit...hell maybe to switch it up, someone might be in a cave. For better or worse, other games you can immediately identify what someone is doing based on location and activity. D2, immediate recognizable areas. D3 even beats it here...this is just boring.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Argarth

On the verandah
What's more interesting is how many people can't allow any criticism of this game and will blindly suck Blizzard's cock at the slightest half assed game release.

I don't think I've ever seen so many salty white knights for a game in this forum's history and I have nothing really bad to say about the game.
LMAO
You refunded the game at the Character Selection screen, so your opinion on the game mean exactly... squat.
And yet your own little tribe of blind cocksuckers has jumped straight on your post, before the ink has even had time to dry, lol.
Enjoy your circle-jerk.

• 2Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yar, I was having issues finding a good barrier rolled item. The highest I had was ~900, to go over the top of my ~1800 hp, so I didn't think it would make much difference. I guess I should have tried to juggle some items around and also equip the 20% dmg resist for 6 seconds on a builder lego.
Literally quicker to just go get a couple of levels.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Literally quicker to just go get a couple of levels.
Grinding levels is much more of a bore than trying to win a near impossible fight...for a time, at least. I may have spent a few hours on it, but it will certainly take me many multiples longer to go from 58 to 63.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yep, 58 to 63 is like 75 hours of the most boring grinding ever, stupid tranny devs who don't play games and their terrible decisions to get metrics.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Except that even the people enjoying it have pointed out criticisms of the game.

Not sure how the game fucked some of your wives, but the rage you people have over others having fun would be funny if it wasn't so sad

• 4Like
  • 2Moron
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users