Fall 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The first episode just couldn't keep my interest. I know you guys keep praising it, but I thought it was bad. I'll try again at some point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The prince who loves anime figurines in mushoku tensei had me roooolllling.

Fucking lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the last of the harem in Fruit of Evolution is the loli raccoon girl. Oh boy.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have never understood the appeal of JoJo, I tried to watch the first season and it's just awful, the animation is horrendous, I just don't get it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw the new SAO movie tonight. It was entertaining. It was a story that focused on Asuna as the main character. Kirito shows up about 45 minutes into it, beyond a few seconds where he appears running past the action in the movie's opening sequence. He exists as a peripheral character in this, like Asuna was in the original show.
It was a decent watch. The new back story "Friend of Asuna" character was okay, but didn't really add anything to the movie, except giving her a reason to play SAO in the first place. I suggest giving it a watch. But with the pacing of the movie and random slow parts, I can easily see it being broken up into 7 episodes in the new season, like they did with Demon Slayer. But maybe not.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In the Assassin reincarnation anime his mom comes in and wants to see his morning wood to prove he's a man. What the fuck?

God damn Japanese people.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah soon as she showed up I was thinking how are they gonna make this weird as fuck. Did not disappoint. Or I was disappointed? I don't even know anymore.

Also recap episodes are aids

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the Assassin reincarnation anime his mom comes in and wants to see his morning wood to prove he's a man. What the fuck?

God damn Japanese people.
I thought she wanted to see if he had another wet dream, not that she wanted to see his dick. Which is still weird af of course but not all that conceptually different from the attention noble daughters got over their first period.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I knew that the Hinokami Kagura was Sun Breathing from getting carried away with looking stuff up back during the first season but now that it's officially revealed I would have liked more of an explanation as to why Tanjiro gets wrecked every time he uses it, or really any amount of more information about it beyond just the basic revelation. Like is it the switching from water to sun that hurts him, or is sun just such a powerful technique that his body isn't prepared for it?

Pedo Tensei got pretty intense.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Newest episode of Mushoku Tensei was top tier. Really good shit there.
Demon Slayer was decent, but a double long. 45 minutes, instead of only 22. Nice.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone read the Tensei light novel and manga? I'm curious if the anime or manga is more accurate for the last two episodes. The rescue of Lilia and Aisha was totally different in the manga, and the encounter with Orsted was also different in the manga.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I read all of the Light Novel. And it "seems" accurate how they portrayed it in the Anime, but it's been over a year now, so I'll have to read it again later on.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What did we learn from today's Evolution Fruit episode?
If you ever get trapped with an Enslavement Collar, just summon a talking statue of Abe Linc*** to say "Free! Free! Free!" and you'll be good to go.

This show is such garbage, but I can't stop. dhat said, this episode was pretty damn close to being enough. Like when the sword fighter guy pulls a sword off of his back by lifting his arm like 8-10 inches above his shoulder to unsheathe this 3 foot long sword.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I knew that the Hinokami Kagura was Sun Breathing from getting carried away with looking stuff up back during the first season but now that it's officially revealed I would have liked more of an explanation as to why Tanjiro gets wrecked every time he uses it, or really any amount of more information about it beyond just the basic revelation. Like is it the switching from water to sun that hurts him, or is sun just such a powerful technique that his body isn't prepared for it?

Pedo Tensei got pretty intense.
They say it in the episode I think--its just takes too much out of him, he can't sustain it even with total concentration. I think, from what I recall too, that the dance is an imperfect form of it. Its a lot less efficient than the original and so taxes the user more (At some point later he's able to see the original technique).

And yeah, Demon Slayer is finished.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Demon Slayer is finished.
So unless they plan to inject a lot of filler (which doesnt seem to be their style), it's a pretty safe bet that pretty much every major arc from this point out will feature an Upper Kizuki as the main bad guy (or Muzan himself) because A) there's only so much time left and B) you can't introduce villains like Rui, Enmu, and Akaza and then expect anyone to care about no-name chumps.

I assume as a shonen protagonist Tanjiro will get the traditional power jumps, but they're gonna have to be pretty ridiculous for him to be able to fight Akaza or the two higher ranked Uppers. I assume Muzan dies from some ridiculous deus ex machina (or maybe he wins in the end). Inosuke and Zenitsu get relegated to the Might Guy role of occasionally saving the day in epic fashion but being comic relief the rest of the time.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So unless they plan to inject a lot of filler (which doesnt seem to be their style), it's a pretty safe bet that pretty much every major arc from this point out will feature an Upper Kizuki as the main bad guy (or Muzan himself) because A) there's only so much time left and B) you can't introduce villains like Rui, Enmu, and Akaza and then expect anyone to care about no-name chumps.

I assume as a shonen protagonist Tanjiro will get the traditional power jumps, but they're gonna have to be pretty ridiculous for him to be able to fight Akaza or the two higher ranked Uppers. I assume Muzan dies from some ridiculous deus ex machina (or maybe he wins in the end). Inosuke and Zenitsu get relegated to the Might Guy role of occasionally saving the day in epic fashion but being comic relief the rest of the time.
Yeah, every arc from here on out I believe is either training/character building with a specific purpose (Not filler) or them going up against an upper moon. And yeah, there are no surprises with Tanjiro and his friends in terms of the traditional shonen arc--its super formulaic and pretty much just relies on its interesting characters and great art.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I saw the new SAO movie tonight. It was entertaining. It was a story that focused on Asuna as the main character. Kirito shows up about 45 minutes into it, beyond a few seconds where he appears running past the action in the movie's opening sequence. He exists as a peripheral character in this, like Asuna was in the original show.
It was a decent watch. The new back story "Friend of Asuna" character was okay, but didn't really add anything to the movie, except giving her a reason to play SAO in the first place. I suggest giving it a watch. But with the pacing of the movie and random slow parts, I can easily see it being broken up into 7 episodes in the new season, like they did with Demon Slayer. But maybe not.
Just got back from seeing this tonight.

Great movie. I love when A1 pictures is really on their game and this shows.

If you stick around after the movie ends there is short part and it says the next one is to be released in 2022.