Fuck Comcast

Bane_sl

shitlord
Charter is trying to strike a deal with the FCC to allow them to encrypt all their channels in exchange for giving an additional 200k homes 100mbps service.
http://stopthecap.com/2013/04/18/cha...bps-broadband/

It will make qam tuners in my media center pc worthless. Just once I would like the FCC to actually stick up for the consumer instead of sucking the cock of big business. Of course that will never happen, the future FCC chairman, John Wheeler, was a lobbyist for the the telecom industry.
The old FCC Boss is on their way out. It will be interesting to see who will get the nod and what side they'll be on going forward

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look at it from their point of view: $$$.

You'd be absolutely shitting yourself if you were in their position looking down on consumers. No way any reasonable human being would chance losing money.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Comcast is the worst.
Some promotion ended and my bill goes up $20. I call in to Comcast to see what other options there are and to speak about my before mentioned problem about how they started charging me for a modem I own. So the guy on the phone sells me the triple play, which I really don't want because I don't give a rat's ass about voice. But he sweetens the pot, offers me an upgrade to digital preferred, 3 free months of HBO and free installation. Get my next bill after the install and there are a few things wrong with it....

1. Those stupid fucks have charged me for a triple play bundle and internet service at the same time, an extra 52 dollars. WHOOPS, guess I'll have to call and sit on the phone for half an hour to get this simple shit resolved on MY NEXT BILL.
2. No free installation. WHOOPS, there is 50 dollars I'm going to have to fight to get back on MY NEXT BILL.
3. No free HBO. WHOOPS, gotta sit on hold to see if I can get that...there is a pattern here.
4. No TV upgrade. Well shit, like I'm surprised about this at this point.

So I call about this, the internet charge gets credited of course because hey that's just ridiculous. The free installation charge is being "escalated" and apparently it's above their customer services pay grade to see if I get it. Free HBO? Oh that package isn't available at this time. TV upgrade, oh that's the same story.

The fact that I was either lied to when I upgraded or being lied to currently? Well that's completely my fault I guess, or you'd think so based on the customer service I'm being given. I can't get a straight answer from the agent and he doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about my displeasure. I was as reasoned and reasonable as I could be with the customer service agents who were assisting me, but they just really didn't seem to care at all that I was dissatisfied. Guess I'll sit on hold for another 5 minutes to reach the cancellation department who also doesn't really seem to give a shit that they've lost a 13 year customer over their bullshit and ambivalence.

FUCK COMCAST.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just added a TV to my bedroom and I recorded the conversation. I asked if the guy was sure all the stuff he was telling me was correct and I wouldnt be charged for anything else. He said the conversation was being recorded so they could go back and see if I was indeed charged for anything else.

I told him thats cool, I was recording it too. Which I was.

I get charged more than $33 for them installing the ne line and shit shall hit the fan.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Is there legal action you can take after that point or is it just proof that they fucked up and you want your money back?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
YMMV but when I had comcast I eventually got to the point where I went down to their office for all customer service related stuff. I just seemed to have a lot better luck dealing with the local person than the call center.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For the person who works at Comcast. When the fuck are they going to get some new Dvr's? For the price I pay for cable you would think they could afford to get some new equipment.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Right after they update their UI that was made in the early 90s.
This. The equipment isn't the problem. I just had Comcast installed after getting sick of U-verse and the boxes are brand new Motorolas, but it's their lame software that is never updated. Comcast internet blows away U-verse(at least in South Florida), but U-verse TV is just way better in my opinion.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wife is in management at bestbuy and they host a comcast booth. Basically we go in and have to redo our package every 8-12 months whenever the package deals are soon to expire. If we don't the least our bill has increased has been $65, the most around $90. Those guys seem to expect these kind of conversations at this point, but since they hooked us up so well last time I even bought the guy lunch. Yea, I bought the guy lunch for doing his job. Irony.

U-verse isn't even offered on my side of town, and even if it was I doubt it would be better than comcast internet. (60mbps DL, 15mbps up)

Drew

Molten Core Raider
U-verse isn't even offered on my side of town, and even if it was I doubt it would be better than comcast internet. (60mbps DL, 15mbps up)
Uverse internet speeds suck. It's extremely reliable (assuming your copper lines aren't shit) but the speeds are very limited because they took the cheap route and most installs are fiber to the node and copper to the house. Copper phone lines are rather limited when they have to provide bandwidth for up to 4 HD channels and a current max download of 24Mb/sec internet speed all at once. They don't even talk about their upload speeds in their ads because it is pure shit at like 4Mb max with the 24Mb line.

The TV side of it is the best I have ever seen. Better than Comcast, Time Warner or FIOS. They did a good job on the UI and the DVR setup is great with the networked DVR to all rooms.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Comcast is the worst.
Some promotion ended and my bill goes up $20. I call in to Comcast to see what other options there are and to speak about my before mentioned problem about how they started charging me for a modem I own. So the guy on the phone sells me the triple play, which I really don't want because I don't give a rat's ass about voice. But he sweetens the pot, offers me an upgrade to digital preferred, 3 free months of HBO and free installation. Get my next bill after the install and there are a few things wrong with it....

1. Those stupid fucks have charged me for a triple play bundle and internet service at the same time, an extra 52 dollars. WHOOPS, guess I'll have to call and sit on the phone for half an hour to get this simple shit resolved on MY NEXT BILL.
2. No free installation. WHOOPS, there is 50 dollars I'm going to have to fight to get back on MY NEXT BILL.
3. No free HBO. WHOOPS, gotta sit on hold to see if I can get that...there is a pattern here.
4. No TV upgrade. Well shit, like I'm surprised about this at this point.

So I call about this, the internet charge gets credited of course because hey that's just ridiculous. The free installation charge is being "escalated" and apparently it's above their customer services pay grade to see if I get it. Free HBO? Oh that package isn't available at this time. TV upgrade, oh that's the same story.

The fact that I was either lied to when I upgraded or being lied to currently? Well that's completely my fault I guess, or you'd think so based on the customer service I'm being given. I can't get a straight answer from the agent and he doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about my displeasure. I was as reasoned and reasonable as I could be with the customer service agents who were assisting me, but they just really didn't seem to care at all that I was dissatisfied. Guess I'll sit on hold for another 5 minutes to reach the cancellation department who also doesn't really seem to give a shit that they've lost a 13 year customer over their bullshit and ambivalence.

FUCK COMCAST.
Not sure if you read my post but it was a very similar story. Here's how I solved it: just keep calling back. Seriously there's no consistency between customer service reps, one person will tell you one thing and another something different. I called back all day until every single charge was taken care of. It took so many reps, but finally everything was cleared and I didn't pay them a dime.

Edit: On the topic of DVR. Who in the goddamn motherfuck programmed that piece of shit? HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO MAKE A REWIND AND FAST FORWARD THAT ACTUALLY WORKS WITHIN +/- 5% ACCURACY? OH YOU WANTED TO FAST FORWARD TO THE SHOW? LOOK HERES THE SHOW STARTING BETTER PRESS PLAY. OH SHIT NOW YOU ARE 30 MINUTES AHEAD OF WHERE YOU WANTED TO BE. BETTER REWIND IT. OH SHIIIIIT YOURE WAY BACK WHERE YOU STARTED ORIGINALLY DAMN
frown.png
. OH YOU WANTED PLAY TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE SHOW? IM JUST GOING TO KEEP PAUSING IT THEN RIGHT AS YOU PRESS PLAY DO SOMETHING ELSE WEIRD. Shit frustrates me bro.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never got the bug for DVRs. HD boxes are the only ones we have, but I have a ps3 or 360 connected to any tv I want for netflix / hulu. Even without those consoles I could probably find everything on demand.

I do agree about hating the firmware though. The home screen on the smart tv is 10x better than any of the UIs through the cable boxes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Biggest thing that bugs me about the Comcast DVR? My kids bedtime is at 8:30 so when I'm watching Game of Thrones (which I record at the same time) I pause it to put him to bed. Well that takes about 10 minutes so I then sit back down and start watching 10 minutes behind live TV.

Well when the recording is done, what does it do? Well you think it would just stop recording. Nope, it kicks you out of your show and puts it back to live TV.

Ugh, so you open your recorded list and click your show and click resume show. Nope it starts it from the beginning so I then have to fast forward it to the end and find where it left off. Shits annoying.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Shit is annoying, but if you want to work around it just start watching the show by going into your recorded shows as soon as the show starts.