Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sevens

Log Wizard
When I was a kid, it was the Chronicles of Narnia. I know I would have loved reading the Harry Potter books as a kid just as much. The books and the movies are both very well done despite any criticism towards them. I would have no problems introducing them to my child at age 10+.
Yep, I read the Chronicles of Narnia as a youngster. Loved them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i finished up the Fantastic Beasts films, first one was fine, not great, but it was enjoyable. part 2 is still a giant clusterfuck. it really doesnt make much of any sense. its like everyone from the first movie had their characters rewritten and we are supposed to just go along with this new interpretation and forget about stuff that happened previously. i dont blame Depp, though he is uninspired. it also kind of fucks up shit from the Harry Potter series. they hadyears to fix this mess, i dont have much faith that they will. i think this was intended to be a 6 or 7 part series. no fucking way thats going to happen if the next movie is a pile of shit.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These movies would of been a lot better if they just took the Ezra Miller stuff out completely. I hated all of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wife read it and said it was shit
It's good. Read it and also seen the play.

Full spoilers:

Harry has a retarded son called Albus Severus who joins Slytherin house and befriend's Malfoy's gay son, Scorpio, which causes Harry to despise him.

Harry's favorite son James gets a new broomstick for Christmas but Albus gets Harry's orphan baby blanket because symbolism. This makes Albus despise Harry because everything is always about Harry.

Albus and Scorpio encounter Cedric Diggory's dad who is heartbroken at his son's death, Cedric's hot female teenage cousin convinces them to steal a Time Turner from Hermione who is the first black female Minister of Magic.

They go back in time and save Cedric by humiliating him out of the Triwizard Tournament, but turns out that they turned him emo and he becomes a Death Eater who helps Voldemort win. Oh and his hot cousin is actually Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange's secret daughter in disguise.

With Albus erased from time and Voldemort victorious, Scorpio is now the "King" of Hogwarts due to his family connections, but he is so gay that he goes back in time again to fix everything.

It ends with Harry and Albus respecting each other because it's the end of the play.

OK... maybe it is a bit shit. It will have to be two or more movies since the play is actually two plays back to back due to the length.

• 2Great Review
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>
It's good. Read it and also seen the play.

Full spoilers:

Harry has a retarded son called Albus Severus who joins Slytherin house and befriend's Malfoy's gay son, Scorpio, which causes Harry to despise him.

Harry's favorite son James gets a new broomstick for Christmas but Albus gets Harry's orphan baby blanket because symbolism. This makes Albus despise Harry because everything is always about Harry.

Albus and Scorpio encounter Cedric Diggory's dad who is heartbroken at his son's death, Cedric's hot female teenage cousin convinces them to steal a Time Turner from Hermione who is the first black female Minister of Magic.

They go back in time and save Cedric by humiliating him out of the Triwizard Tournament, but turns out that they turned him emo and he becomes a Death Eater who helps Voldemort win. Oh and his hot cousin is actually Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange's secret daughter in disguise.

With Albus erased from time and Voldemort victorious, Scorpio is now the "King" of Hogwarts due to his family connections, but he is so gay that he goes back in time again to fix everything.

It ends with Harry and Albus respecting each other because it's the end of the play.

OK... maybe it is a bit shit. It will have to be two or more movies since the play is actually two plays back to back due to the length.

what is the phenomenon when reality is absurd and cant tell diff between reality and satire? bc i cannot tell if u r serious or not, and it could be 50/50

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
what is the phenomenon when reality is absurd and cant tell diff between reality and satire? bc i cannot tell if u r serious or not, and it could be 50/50
Poe's Law?

I posted a 100% accurate plot summary by the way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
I doubt they bring back any of the former stars. They refused to do the HBO special they did if JK was involved and I doubt that will have changed. Found another article that states the DREAM is to have them all return.

spronk

FPS noob
We watched all 8 movies over the past week due to Hogwarts Legacy and the movies are kinda meh after the first few, we started fast forwarding a lot and I forgot just how grim dark the last 2 movies are. Also I completely forgot how Harry Potter is CONSTANTLY screwing up and making extremely poor decisions

i wonder if the HP movies came out now if they would have done as well, honestly most of them aren't really any better than the latest MCU movies

We are watching the HBO special from last year and JK Rowling does get interviewed in it but yeah its her by herself in black background land while the entire cast does bits in movie set (or universal studios?) locations, its a pretty good special

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
How about a spinoff of the other schools instead? Like the french one and the one in the US.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Warner boss said he wanted the original cast back and that he wanted to figure something out to get JK off the movies entirely so nothing has to go by her, and she'll have nothing to do with the movies at all ideally.

If the CEO wills it, there's a good chance it'll get done.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Warner boss said he wanted the original cast back and that he wanted to figure something out to get JK off the movies entirely so nothing has to go by her, and she'll have nothing to do with the movies at all ideally.

JK Rowling is smart enough to either tell them to fuck off or break the bank if they want to try sidelining her on her IP.

Fucker

Log Wizard

I hope it bombs as hard as the FB movies. They are going to have spend $100MM on CGI to make Emma Watson look human so she doesn't scare young children into early graves.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
JK Rowling is smart enough to either tell them to fuck off or break the bank if they want to try sidelining her on her IP.

I hope she gets a massive fucking buyout of retard levels of cash and just sells off the IP. Then I hope it gets turned into utter dogshit like Starwars and bombs nonstop.

• 3Like