Interesting, Non Political News

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So after 10 years imagining the worst shit possible to have happened to him, wonder if his family momentarily felt a little let down? A sorta "WTF, thats it?" kinda moment.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy

I wonder what killed him? Scolopendra are quite venomous so it could be that I guess. They are very aggressive creatures centipedes, eating one alive seems like it would be quite challenging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider

I wonder what killed him? Scolopendra are quite venomous so it could be that I guess. They are very aggressive creatures centipedes, eating one alive seems like it would be quite challenging.

More people on social media should do this, come on watching somebody eat a bunch of burgers is boring but eating weird shit, now that's something.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Boeing says it might have to shut down 737 Max production
The likelyhood of 737max not being allowed to fly ever again is increasing significantly. I can't believe how low on the radar that shit is, no country fly as much as the USA, Boeing is the only plane manufacturer, with a non-zero chance of going bankrupt next year, and it feels it's below Trump's paygrade ? I mean, not even a tweet ? It's not like if FB or Google went bankrupt and nothing of value was lost, it's Boeing !

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The likelyhood of 737max not being allowed to fly ever again is increasing significantly. I can't believe how low on the radar that shit is, no country fly as much as the USA, Boeing is the only plane manufacturer, with a non-zero chance of going bankrupt next year, and it feels it's below Trump's paygrade ? I mean, not even a tweet ? It's not like if FB or Google went bankrupt and nothing of value was lost, it's Boeing !

Isn't he showing about the same concern as the owner's of the company with the most to lose? You think BA would be sitting at $360 if there was concern of bankruptcy? Maybe you are blowing it a tad out of proportion.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
boeing isn't going bankrupt. They done fucked up big and its okay to make them hurt, but go bankrupt? Nah, too big to fail.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah unless Boeing also completely fucked up a few military aircraft types too, they'll survive

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Some of the tech blog guys I read have been saying almost from the start of this crisis that MAX will never fly again. It's not just a software fault, and it's also not something they can fix with software. It's a hardware fault, and a multi stage one at that. To fix it they would need to do quite a bit of retro fitting on all the planes already made, and redo the plans for future planes. And even then they would have to pass FAA and other inspections, and not to mention public opinion. It would be both simpler and probably cheaper just to ditch the MAX, reengineer the plane (or just make one from scratch) and launch it well tested in 5 years or so.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It would be both simpler and probably cheaper just to ditch the MAX, reengineer the plane (or just make one from scratch) and launch it well tested in 5 years or so.

Your tech blogs are run by idiots if they think that'll happen.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Your tech blogs are run by idiots if they think that'll happen.
Well, it's not unlikely that in order to fly, they'd need to change the engine position, so probably change the engine for a smaller, less efficient and in the end have something barely better than the NG. At that point they'd be better off stopping producing 737max for NG which doesn't have the bad rep the max has. Which would mean working on a new plane ASAP.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Boing's current issues are too important for Trump to be tweeting about it, and i'm sure he knows that. The company is a strategic asset and has some serious work to do to square itself away.

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Armed police surround machine gun-equipped car owned by 'Mad Max' fan
max1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
boeing isn't going bankrupt. They done fucked up big and its okay to make them hurt, but go bankrupt? Nah, too big to fail.

Guessing from what has happened in the past a bailout of some sort if they really took a major hit. I'm not sure shutting down the 737MAX would be a major end of the company hit. It's too bad if it ever came to that not stipulations like all US based engineers or such to it.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guy needs a new/better holster. Also walking up to a guy to rob him that is open carrying is a great move. One guy walks off casually to the car. He knew he wasn't going to be shot and may have had a gun pulled on him before.

Next time hit them with the water hose that was in the hand and when they are freaking out over that, shoot them.

• 1Like