Interesting, Non Political News

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yesterday they were saying 4th quarter 19, today it's "sometime in the 1st quarter 20", Boeing is not being serious, at this point they should know what's up. I'm guessing they know but haven't tell the airlines companies because they need to find the funding for whatever is coming. Airlines companies must not be very happy to be kept in the dark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guy needs a new/better holster. Also walking up to a guy to rob him that is open carrying is a great move. One guy walks off casually to the car. He knew he wasn't going to be shot and may have had a gun pulled on him before.

Next time hit them with the water hose that was in the hand and when they are freaking out over that, shoot them.
i think his holster was fine, but he shouldnt have had it tucked into a pair of shorts with no belt.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Going to wait until I at least see smoke.

he climbed UP 15 floors, for his moms

then climbed down, WHILE his hip was cracked from an unrelated fall the same day!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I can believe it. Lot of people talking about how the cartels in Mexico get guns. Obviously they buy one at a time in a store in the US and bring it across the border, one at a time. LOL. I'm guessing they do just like this. Get a pallet of them at a time from someplace in the 3rd world that makes them.

Also makes you wonder how many with the "police" stuff on may have been real cops on the take or just guys impersonating cops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ammara Riaz told the Star she saw Zaman helping his parents all the time when she lived with them as a tenant.

She said those living in the house with Zaman were his parents, his sister and his grandmother.

“He was such a nice, quiet calm guy,” Riaz told the paper.
das literally a checklist lady!!!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rimshot

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Looks like the Canadian police are scaling down the manhunt for the 2 fugitives. This will come back to bite them if they kill someone else down the line.

I'm wondering if they committed suicide out in the wilderness somewhere now as it's been a while.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Looks like the Canadian police are scaling down the manhunt for the 2 fugitives. This will come back to bite them if they kill someone else down the line.

I'm wondering if they committed suicide out in the wilderness somewhere now as it's been a while.

It's pretty much impossible to find anyone up there if they aren't just using the roads, and it's difficult even if they are. If they aren't dead, they soon will be or will end up being sighted as they are forced into a town to not starve to death.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think Boeing is keeping quiet because they know these planes will never fly again and they have no idea what to do. While I doubt it will break the company, simply because if the worst is true, the government will step in simply because of just how important Boeing is, but it will cost a metric fuck ton when you add together compensations and possible buy backs of airplanes from airlines, loss of orders for future craft, downtime on the production line, loss of revenue from sales (the 737 is Boeing's cash cow), time taken to design, test and get approval for a new plane, etc... If I were into stocks I'd be shorting Boeing stocks hard, right up until a bailout looked likely.

• 2Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think Boeing is keeping quiet because they know these planes will never fly again and they have no idea what to do. While I doubt it will break the company, simply because if the worst is true, the government will step in simply because of just how important Boeing is, but it will cost a metric fuck ton when you add together compensations and possible buy backs of airplanes from airlines, loss of orders for future craft, downtime on the production line, loss of revenue from sales (the 737 is Boeing's cash cow), time taken to design, test and get approval for a new plane, etc... If I were into stocks I'd be shorting Boeing stocks hard, right up until a bailout looked likely.
They might not even be trying to find a technical solution anymore, but rather a financial and industrial one, before calling the 737 max dead. I think they can still recover fairly well by switching from 737 max to 737 NG (which is a good plane), and companies won't have much choice, they'll have to accept it, because it takes year to get a A320/1, and start developping from scratch a new MOM for 2025 or something.

or more recently, but in french Le SSJ100 en zone de fortes turbulences - Aerobuzz

Basicaly, even Russian minister admit that SSJ 100 is a failure, but will help for the next plane , and COMAC 929 gets China closer to competing, but it won't be before 2023, and probably a couple of years later, and I doubt western companies will buy any before it's proven to be safe and efficient, so 2030 ish...

Problem is that they can't wait too much to do something, because they're keeping the airlines in the dark, and it's bound to piss them off at some point, but they need boeing, else Airbus is going to rape them until china or russia get something.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The laughable thing is, is that the main reason for this whole fiasco is not because the MAX can't fly, it can, it's because Boeing wanted pilots currently certified to fly the older 737s to be able to fly this one without any additional training. But due to the change in engine location the flight characteristics changed, so they added that MACS computer as well as some other software so that when the pilots did X under certain circumstances, the plane would do Y without telling the pilots. If they'd have just said "yeah, this is good plane, but your pilots will need a bit of new training" and dropped that extra system, none of this would have happened. It would make you laugh if it weren't so idiotic.

But I don't think they will go back to the NG, simply because it won't be able to compete with the new Airbus one. That is why they went down this route to start with, Airbus introduced this new, spiffy super efficient engine and Boeing lost it's shit trying to get a competitor up and running. Airbus will own this market until Boeing can get through this mess.

• 3Like