Interesting, Non Political News

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

I am very torn about how to feel about this and am not sure how much my ant-google/alphabet bias may be blinding me. It’s an unpleasant feeling. I agree they might have the right and it really doesn’t affect the consumer overtly however, at the same, it seems a way to stifle competition on a platform they own. Sounds like a monopolization. However why should they offer competitors a free ride on their devices?

So conflicted, so ignorant of how these laws actually work, and I fuck despise Alphabet. Guess this is how the Left feels about the right except without the introspective realization?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The laughable thing is, is that the main reason for this whole fiasco is not because the MAX can't fly, it can, it's because Boeing wanted pilots currently certified to fly the older 737s to be able to fly this one without any additional training. But due to the change in engine location the flight characteristics changed, so they added that MACS computer as well as some other software so that when the pilots did X under certain circumstances, the plane would do Y without telling the pilots. If they'd have just said "yeah, this is good plane, but your pilots will need a bit of new training" and dropped that extra system, none of this would have happened. It would make you laugh if it weren't so idiotic.

But I don't think they will go back to the NG, simply because it won't be able to compete with the new Airbus one. That is why they went down this route to start with, Airbus introduced this new, spiffy super efficient engine and Boeing lost it's shit trying to get a competitor up and running. Airbus will own this market until Boeing can get through this mess.
You're probably right, with proper training, those accidents would probably have been avoided. And at some point a plane designed in the 60's got to be redisgned from scratch. I'm pretty sure that Airbus are also shitting their pants with the A321XLR, at some point, you need a new plane (even though the A32X are from the mid 80's, it's bound to hit a wall at some point as well...)

I think going can go back to the 737 NG, because Airlines don't have the choice they can either :
A) Let Airbus have a 10 year monopoly (and kiss goodbye to a large share of their profit)
B) Get (some) inferiors planes, but probably at a discounted price, then they have to pick between the C929, MS21 or the 737NG. The choice shouldn't be that hard to make.

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
An increasing number of women in Japan are opting out of marriage.

Yeah this is so gonna help with Japan's population problem.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

I had to drag my friend (in japan, white) out of his self emo-party after his divorce and force him to download tinder. The amount sideway pussy thrown at him was insane, I got to admit I was jealous. Basically like just ordering pizza...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Kind of a vicious circle, active population decreasing, so no unemployment, lots of extra hours, which lead to people not having time to marry/have kids... In a country in which most people are employable and have high work ethic, it's getting a problem. That being said, Japanese are unreasonable when it comes to work, most of their office hours are entirely unproductive, and like everywhere in Asia, men are expected to socialize with co-workers after working hours (yuck!), so that's increasing the problem. I think they're starting to be aware of that shit, and the government is trying to force employees to have some free-time. If you look at this chart, it could mean that most mean in their 20's work more than 50 hours a week, mean that a lot of men in their prime have not so great income, and absolutely no time for their family.

image8.png

Also, for most job, and most people, there is a point after which, working more hours is just not productive, and even a point after which working is not only not productive, but counter-productive, so they're probably just shooting themselves in the feet

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of a vicious circle, active population decreasing, so no unemployment, lots of extra hours, which lead to people not having time to marry/have kids... In a country in which most people are employable and have high work ethic, it's getting a problem. That being said, Japanese are unreasonable when it comes to work, most of their office hours are entirely unproductive, and like everywhere in Asia, men are expected to socialize with co-workers after working hours (yuck!), so that's increasing the problem. I think they're starting to be aware of that shit, and the government is trying to force employees to have some free-time. If you look at this chart, it could mean that most mean in their 20's work more than 50 hours a week, mean that a lot of men in their prime have not so great income, and absolutely no time for their family.

View attachment 217883

Also, for most job, and most people, there is a point after which, working more hours is just not productive, and even a point after which working is not only not productive, but counter-productive, so they're probably just shooting themselves in the feet

Certainly not the first time in history that Japan's cultural rigidity fucked them over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was about to start a "Happy Happy Joy Joy News Thread" for this, but I guess I can just dump these kinds of things in here.

"Officers used it as an opportunity to teach about the proper use of 911, then went and bought a large box of pizza and personally delivered it," the department said, posting an image of the officers standing behind the boy, who is holding a Pizza Hut box.

A young Florida boy called 911 and told dispatchers that he was hungry and wanted to order a pizza, the Sanford Police Department says.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to say that number is like 6 hours in a day. So with our 40 hour work week we're already wasting plenty of time.

• 2Like